Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Goldson was the strong point of that defense last night along with Bowman/Willis. That Culliver (29) was awful and Whitner kept getting burned by everyone. I dont really see them letting Goldson walk after that game. Only way I see it happen is if they trade Alex Smith for Revis and they need the cap space. Revis for Smith or Revis for Flynn(Seattle) could really happen and be a nightmare for the NFC.

vCash
    they have nowhere near enough money to pay revis beyond this season...san fran wont get him

I dont think they tag him again, they learned their lesson last year. Long-term deal or let him walk.

I think most of us would want Byrd over Goldson anyway. Let's all hope Buffalo blunders this one and the Bucs step up

We Want Winston

vCash
    Goldson is my number 1 target in FA i would love to get him. I just think the 9ers still want him too, and with a defense like that why would you leave? And yea but the 9ers would get rid of Smith's contract and Goldson's, being the only way they let Goldson walk in FA. Their contracts alone are worth 16 mil next year (smith=8.5, Goldson if tagged is 7.5). Theyre already at 121.5 so it could work, and then they have Delanie Walker who is their only other real FA. I think he had a great game too, wouldnt be mad if we took a shot at him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PewterNRed View Post
    Goldson is my number 1 target in FA i would love to get him. I just think the 9ers still want him too, and with a defense like that why would you leave? And yea but the 9ers would get rid of Smith's contract and Goldson's, being the only way they let Goldson walk in FA. Their contracts alone are worth 16 mil next year (smith=8.5, Goldson if tagged is 7.5). Theyre already at 121.5 so it could work, and then they have Delanie Walker who is their only other real FA. I think he had a great game too, wouldnt be mad if we took a shot at him.
    Your math is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY off brody

Goldson is not under contract. The Niners fans that Ive talked to about Goldson think they sign him with the money from Alex Smith being cut/traded. You can't count that twice.

with Smith gone they will have somewhere around 8-10 million without signing any FAs or re-signing their own or signing their draft picks.

You need a couple million(at least) for draft picks and you need some to provide depth during the season if injuries pop up. They maybe have 4-6 million spendable unless they cut re-structure others and if they do more holes open up. They have no money for Revis, they'd barely have money for Goldson.

Ive predicted almost all season that he walks. He was tagged last year and if hes tagged again it will be 130% of what another safety would get if tagged. San Fran is not going to put the teams salary cap future in a horrible state for one player, be it Goldson or Revis. Goldson walks, Revis goes somewhere else or stays in NY.

We Want Winston

vCash
    ^^ My bad I was figuring that out as if he was still under contract. I get what you're saying though about him not being under contract. So technically they would be at 129 mil if they want to keep Goldson. Since he is being estimated to get about 7.45 million if they tag him again. So by getting rid of Smith would only get them back to right about where the cap will be. So they cant afford to keep either actually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PewterNRed View Post
    ^^ My bad I was figuring that out as if he was still under contract. I get what you're saying though about him not being under contract. So technically they would be at 129 mil if they want to keep Goldson. Since he is being estimated to get about 7.45 million if they tag him again. So by getting rid of Smith would only get them back to right about where the cap will be. So they cant afford to keep either actually.
    exactly.....and revis is not even in the equation unless they only use him as a loaner which would be horribly dumb

and they technically could keep goldson if they did a bunch of salary cap work, but i doubt they will

We Want Winston

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567