Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Eagles release Babin!!!!! (Babin Signs with Jags - Post #18)

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...son_babin.html

No idea where or how he fits in but . . . get on the phone JR.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Can't afford him.

Really interesting move though.....wonder what's going on over there now.

Zach Berman‏@ZBerm

Reid:“By releasing him today, this gives us an opportunity to give more playing time to some of younger guys in the [DL] rotation.”
    They're gonna keep cutting people around Reid in an effort to save Reid.

vCash
    wow thats a pretty interesting move, the guy had 18 sacks last year

vCash
    They are being so damn confusing he's there best player on D

vCash
    I would take Aso as a 3rd corner
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Can't afford him.
    He's only due around $1.7 million the rest of the year. It likely doesn't make sense but if Osi is gone next season . . . . Just speculating as the guy is a talent.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

vCash
    Has to make it through waivers first, Giants gotta get on this. We all talk about drafting a DE next season, well that no longer would be a concern.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    He's only due around $1.7 million the rest of the year. It likely doesn't make sense but if Osi is gone next season . . . . Just speculating as the guy is a talent.
    Last I heard, beginning of November, the Giants had $2.2 mil in cap space with a need at RB which gets filled with signings for Lumpkin and Torain now.

That doesn't leave much and depending on waivers and all that, this isn't about paying him the rest of the year, it'll be about offering him a long term deal.

We can't do anything for him with money spent on DE right now. Osi and a few others leave and some others restructure, we could make a move for him in the offseason, but Babin won't last that long.

There's gonna be a contender that snatches him up. Watch out for the Pats or even Packers on this one, regardless of 4-3/3-4 schemes......but Chiefs are 1st in waiver order and I wouldn't doubt them jumping on it for the sake of firing up their fans and the team. Then there's JAX, OAK, CLE, CAR, SD......Babin won't get through waivers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ggggg-men View Post

there's gonna be a contender that snatches him up. Watch out for the pats or even packers on this one, regardless of 4-3/3-4 schemes......but chiefs are 1st in waiver order and i wouldn't doubt them jumping on it for the sake of firing up their fans and the team. Then there's jax, oak, cle, car, sd......babin won't get through waivers.
    washington

vCash
    @RLiuNFL: Current NFL claiming priority: 1. KC, 2. JAX, 3. PHI, 4. OAK, 5. CLE, 6. CAR, 7. SD, 8. BUF, 9. TEN, 10. DET, 11. AZ, 12. NYJ

vCash
    I could maybe see Cleveland adding him to help out their young line.

vCash
    We have Osi/Tuck/JPP/Kiwi who call can play DE t any given time do we really need to waste a spot on something we dont NEED?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bklyn24 View Post
    wow thats a pretty interesting move, the guy had 18 sacks last year
    overachieved. he peaked.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    They are being so damn confusing he's there best player on D
    not really. he already got his guaranteed money. they back-loaded his contract. plus they save on his signing and performance bonuses 'bout another half a mil. 12.5 mill plus whatever games he misses for them this year. he's never, ever going to produce the way he did last year, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    We have Osi/Tuck/JPP/Kiwi who call can play DE t any given time do we really need to waste a spot on something we dont NEED?
    word like 70 mill tied into all those guys. no need for babin. we wouldnt be able to even touch him in waivers anyway. we need rbs and fast! bradshaw goes down, we're ****ed!

vCash
    Looks like a sexy pick up, but after taking a look at the Eagles forum and the thread of his release there is nobody crying over there. Although I hate them, I respect Philly fans die hard attitude towards their team and if they hate Babin, its for a reason. No thanks.

vCash
    Did Babin overachieve last year? Sure, he did. Is he a decent DE? Sure, he is. So far this season he has 5.5 sacks. That is well below the 18 he had last year. However, Trent Cole only has 1.5 sacks. The entire Eagles DL has underperformed this year. They had 3 pro bowl caliber players on the DL (Babin, Cole, Jenkins) and one high rated rookie (Cox) and did absolutely nothing.

I read some of the post by our Eagle counterparts and yes, they seem pretty happy about the team getting rid of him. However, how much of that can be attributed to the fanbase being frustrated and they just want to see a change? Right now, Eagles fans probably want to see the entire coaching staff fired and 52 players released. The only exception being Bryce Brown, who looked like the greatest running bak on the planet on Monday.

My biggest question with Babin would be how he would perform playing outside of the wide 9 technique. Remember what the Giants front office has always said, "You can never have enough Pass Rushers". We still have games againts Bob Griffin 3rd, Brees, Matty Ice, Flacco (In Baltimore, where he is nearly unbeatable), and Vick/Foles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast