Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babin Released

vCash
    This has got to be a ****en joke out of the blue let's just waive Babin I can find many other players that deserve the same. Why now? The eagles should have been benching players long time ago, but they didn't. Now all of a sudden Babin has to go. This is nothing more than a stunt by the eagles. Or maybe this is somebody else's move all together like maybe Tom Donahoe's.
    Last edited by 76erEaglePhils; 11-28-2012 at 11:00 PM.

vCash
    If Nnamdi isn't cut by seasons end, then I highly doubt we'll cut him to after the seasons over. I mean Hughes and Marsh can get snaps to now so lets just wait and see how the next couple weeks go.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    This team has totally quit on Reid and people are even pondering retaining him??? Im speachless.
    let me put it this way. i like reid a hell of a lot more than these POS players we have

if you offered me cutting every player but mccoy, brown, cox, graham, curry, kendricks, ryans, cole injured OL, Kickers

or firing reid

i'd take cutting every player. these guys aren't dawkins, mcnabb, westbrook, trotter

i could give 2 craps about any of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    let me put it this way. i like reid a hell of a lot more than these POS players we have

if you offered me cutting every player but mccoy, brown, cox, graham, curry, kendricks, ryans, cole injured OL, Kickers

or firing reid

i'd take cutting every player. these guys aren't dawkins, mcnabb, westbrook, trotter

i could give 2 craps about any of them.
    I totally agree with you, but unfortunately that's just not how it works.

It's just as much his responsibility for his team not being ready to play football as a team, because this team has a hell of a lot more talent than a 8 loss team at this point.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    i disagree. where is the talent. our WRs don't get open, our line is full of 3rd stringers, our DEs were too old, our CBs can't cover, our safeties are lol, our QBs are mediocre

i don't see much talent. we have nice RBs

vCash
    i disagree. where is the talent. our WRs don't get open, our line is full of 3rd stringers, our DEs were too old, our CBs can't cover, our safeties are lol, our QBs are mediocre

I'd be really interested to see what the D-Line would look like starting Cox, Curry, and Graham.

I mean, I know Graham hasn't been great, but lets get him out there on a normal basis. I think this rotating to "stay fresh" has not allowed some of the guys to get into the rythem of the game.

Lights, Cameras, Jackson

vCash

Fix the O-line and you pretty much fix the offense. On defense, I'm still not sure if it's more the players or the scheme/coaching. You look at the final 4 games from last season, and the fact that they played relatively well up until Castillo's firing this season, and it's easy to suggest that it's the latter. And a lack of confidence/leadership.

This defense may not be as good as they're supposedto be, but there is no doubt in my mind that they are not this bad. We definitely do need to upgrade the safety position though. There's no way Babin and Cole have both dropped so drastically in production in one season because they're "old." We're not generating pressure with anybodyon that line. And as far as the corners, see: safeties.

A coordinator with a pedigree and an upgrade at safety is all this defense needs. Would Jim Johnson's defenses been as good as they were without Jim Johnson? Not likely. You have to have good players, but it's all about the scheme. Castillo was finally starting to get the defense to come together, then he gets fired and they go to complete ****. Not a coincidence.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Our defense used to be nasty. They used to want to hit people. They used to want to destroy the opposition, take the ball away, make the opponents pay for facing them.

We aren't nasty anymore, we are finesse. We don't have "it" on this defensive roster.

I want that killer mentality back.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    You'd have to take all the yellow flags and suspensions that come with it though, unfortunately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    You'd have to take all the yellow flags and suspensions that come with it though, unfortunately.
    Could we possibly get more flags? Hell, we are flagged on every play it seems.

Teams used to fear this defense. You know what fear does? It makes you expect a big hit, so you pull up a tad going over the middle. It makes you alligator arm, tipping balls. It makes you hesitant to hit a hole a little quicker.

That's what I'm getting at. This team scares no one.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    I don't disagree, I was just pointing out that it's not the way it used to be. How many of Dawkin's greatest hits end up as penalties today? Maybe all of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    I don't disagree, I was just pointing out that it's not the way it used to be. How many of Dawkin's greatest hits end up as penalties today? Maybe all of them.
    I disagree though. Watch the Ravens and Pitts play defense. They hit people all day. That's what I want back. I want to be a physical team once again.

vCash
    The Ravens D and the Pitt D are nothing like they used to be in terms of physicality
    SPACE

vCash
    Players have to watch how they "hit" other players anymore....They are slowly losing the real physicality of the sport....If they came up with better equipment they could bring back the physicality we're all looking for...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    The Ravens D and the Pitt D are nothing like they used to be in terms of physicality
    Yet both are still lightyears ahead of us, which brings me back to my point.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast