Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babin Released

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    McNabb is the problem
    Right now, McNabb would be the solution lol. Just saying, he's far better than any QB on the roster.

Lights, Cameras, Jackson

vCash
    I have a feeling that Lurie is going to give Reid one more chance because he has so many starters out for the season....Reid's only excuse, though not a good one, is that he lost 4/5 of his offensive line for the year....his starting WR, RB, etc....but in the long run it shouldn't save him because he should've had the backups that could "hold their own" on the field....His choices in free agents hasn't exactly been stellar....his drafts have been severely lacking in talent....and his stubbornness to recognize his teams deficiencies (for years WR and LB) is his major downfall.

vCash
    I've said all along, Reid stays. We'll see.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    I love the idea of Reid staying if we draft a qb. Allow Reid to rebuild the roster from scratch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillybirdblog View Post
    Right now, McNabb would be the solution lol. Just saying, he's far better than any QB on the roster.
    All the teams in the NFL disagree.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    All the teams in the NFL disagree.
    I would have ZERO problem keeping Vick (restructure of course), signing 5, and letting him and Foles battle for the back up job.

I don't see this as a QB draft. I'd rather draft other needs. Next season you evaluate and go from there.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    I think Reid only had a 5-10 year plan for this team....he's been flying by the seat of his pants for the last 4....and it shows...He should take the offseason (unless he's fired) and prioritize what he needs to fully focus on....bring in better coaches....college scouts....and only bring in free agents of dire need....not luxury...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I love the idea of Reid staying if we draft a qb. Allow Reid to rebuild the roster from scratch
    Can you please explain why?

And can anyone please explain the point of having a 33 year old QB on this roster next year unless it's as a backup?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post

And can anyone please explain the point of having a 33 year old QB on this roster next year unless it's as a backup?
    What?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I would have ZERO problem keeping Vick (restructure of course), signing 5, and letting him and Foles battle for the back up job.

I don't see this as a QB draft. I'd rather draft other needs. Next season you evaluate and go from there.

Lol we all love Mcnabb but Mcnabb is crap now. He wasn't even serviceable in Minnesota.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post

Because reid is a good coach and good coaches are hard to find.

Jeff fisher was good to but once the players get poor he didn't look so good and they fired him. Now tell me which team has more promise the rams or titans. I'm going with the rams

I'd rather clean house of the players and let Reid rebuild. It's easy to find players, hard to find coaches.

Besides its not like our players are really with keeping. They are as much if not more of an issue than Reid

vCash
    Lol we all love Mcnabb but Mcnabb is crap now. He wasn't even serviceable in Minnesota.
    Different system/situation. I have no doubt that he couldn't be a serviceable back up on this team. It's familiar.

If the Steelers would have picked him up, their season might not be in jeopardy right now.

vCash
    Because reid is a good coach and good coaches are hard to find.

Jeff fisher was good to but once the players get poor he didn't look so good and they fired him. Now tell me which team has more promise the rams or titans. I'm going with the rams

I'd rather clean house of the players and let Reid rebuild. It's easy to find players, hard to find coaches.

Besides its not like our players are really with keeping. They are as much if not more of an issue than Reid
    But remember all the times Reid has fumbled and missed tackles, and didn't pressure the QB's?

I agree with everything you say here.

I say this from gut-wrenching experience. A coach like Reid doesn't come around too often. If we make a switch, I fully expect to see a coaching carousel here in Philly of 3-4 guys over the next decade (see Kotite/Rhodes era).

vCash
    Exactly which is why I think Reid with an eventual new qb is the right road if we want to be in contention while McCoy is able. I think with Reid we can be back in the playoffs in 3 years if we get his guys in here and the right D coordinator.

vCash
    Somehow I'm leaning towards Reid coming back.If he's on the hot seat neither he nor Jeff Lurie show it.I like Reid great coach good person but,I still think they need a change.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast