Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Babin Released

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    McNabb is the problem
    It's funny you mention that, because I was watching this last night, and all I could think about was all the things people used to ***** and complain about back then.

Then I watched this. Honestly, I don't know if I felt better or worse afterward. I think a little bit of both. I actually teared up a little bit watching these. My god how far we've fallen. :cry:
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Wait, so we want Reid to stay now??

vCash
    Are you guys ****ing kidding me... I have been the biggest reid supporter over the years but your logic behind why you would wanna keep him is beyond flawed. Their have been too many indefensible decisions the past couple of years to keep him at this point. Honestly Jim Johnson might as well be credited Reids wins because he was at least 50 percent of the reason we were so good.

Where do I even begin? Between the inept drafting, signing free agents as a quick fix solution, the baffling yet predictabe play calling, the horrid decision to fire Juan (yes I may have been the only one that thought Juan actually did a nice job with the overrated "talent"). I mean seriously guys how can you trust a guy who has decided to keep Marty as the O coordinator, made Mcdermot and Juan the scapegoats, completely missed on the D line and O line coaches... i mean its just horrid.

vCash
    Guys we haven't won a playoff game the last 4 years.... since 2004 the year we made the superbowl we have won a total of 3 playoff games (all with jim johnson)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    It's funny you mention that, because I was watching this last night, and all I could think about was all the things people used to ***** and complain about back then.

Then I watched this. Honestly, I don't know if I felt better or worse afterward. I think a little bit of both. I actually teared up a little bit watching these. My god how far we've fallen. :cry:
    That second video got me depressed...
    Philadelphia Phillies
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Philadelphia Sixers
    Philadelphia Flyers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Because reid is a good coach and good coaches are hard to find.
    Yes, Reid is a good coach, except for his clock management, reluctance to change, refusal to adjust game plans. I actually really like Reid and had defended him for years, but that's when I still thought he might change, he's not going to though.

Reid was at his best when he was surrounded by good coaches and good talent. Which means regardless of finding good players, the Eagles still need to find good coordinators and position coaches. The decisions over the past 5 years though show a track record of Reid hiring bad coaches. Is he all of a sudden going to stop being loyal to his friends in the business and look outside of his system? I think no, he could prove me wrong, but I hope it's somewhere else.

The only pass on coaches Reid gets from me is Sean McDermott, and that's only because of the timing of Jim Johnson's death.

Jeff fisher was good to but once the players get poor he didn't look so good and they fired him. Now tell me which team has more promise the rams or titans. I'm going with the rams
    Honestly, neither looks much more than average right now but I'll side with the Rams as well. You're right a good coach makes a difference, but unless there is a complete overhaul, as in no remaining players, then it's not really a fair comparison. Fisher got a fresh start with players that haven't given up on him like Reid currently has on his team.

I expect at least 20 players to return next year even if there is a purge. That means you still have 20 players that gave up on this coach already; gave up on his philosophy and stopped playing for him. From a coaching standpoint that's part of why he needs to go. Aside from that, isn't everyone sick of him? Everyone and their mother complains that Shady isn't getting the ball enough, but people still want Reid back? Why? Do you think he's going to change his offensive philosophy?

I'd rather clean house of the players and let Reid rebuild. It's easy to find players, hard to find coaches.

Besides its not like our players are really with keeping. They are as much if not more of an issue than Reid
    That's just the point of my question though. Reid chose this team. The coaches and the players on the roster were his choices. That's about 5 years worth of bad decisions. So if they're cleaning house, why let Reid make the decisions next time around? What recent evidence is there that he will make the right choices next time?

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    But remember all the times Reid has fumbled and missed tackles, and didn't pressure the QB's?

I agree with everything you say here.

I say this from gut-wrenching experience. A coach like Reid doesn't come around too often. If we make a switch, I fully expect to see a coaching carousel here in Philly of 3-4 guys over the next decade (see Kotite/Rhodes era).
    I don't get the first sentence. No one is saying Reid is doing that stuff, but he sure as hell puts the players on the field that are. It's like you have battered wife syndrome. He keeps letting us down, but there's nothing better out there, and we know it!

Coaches like Reid come around far more often than you're giving credit for (Harbaughs, Tomlin, Kubiak, M. Lewis, L. Smith, McCarthy, M. Smith, Payton, etc. none of them had NFL head coaching experience before they were hired). Is it that you just don't trust Lurie to pick another good coach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    Yes, Reid is a good coach, except for his clock management, reluctance to change, refusal to adjust game plans. I actually really like Reid and had defended him for years, but that's when I still thought he might change, he's not going to though.

Reid was at his best when he was surrounded by good coaches and good talent. Which means regardless of finding good players, the Eagles still need to find good coordinators and position coaches. The decisions over the past 5 years though show a track record of Reid hiring bad coaches. Is he all of a sudden going to stop being loyal to his friends in the business and look outside of his system? I think no, he could prove me wrong, but I hope it's somewhere else.

The only pass on coaches Reid gets from me is Sean McDermott, and that's only because of the timing of Jim Johnson's death.

Honestly, neither looks much more than average right now but I'll side with the Rams as well. You're right a good coach makes a difference, but unless there is a complete overhaul, as in no remaining players, then it's not really a fair comparison. Fisher got a fresh start with players that haven't given up on him like Reid currently has on his team.

I expect at least 20 players to return next year even if there is a purge. That means you still have 20 players that gave up on this coach already; gave up on his philosophy and stopped playing for him. From a coaching standpoint that's part of why he needs to go. Aside from that, isn't everyone sick of him? Everyone and their mother complains that Shady isn't getting the ball enough, but people still want Reid back? Why? Do you think he's going to change his offensive philosophy?

That's just the point of my question though. Reid chose this team. The coaches and the players on the roster were his choices. That's about 5 years worth of bad decisions. So if they're cleaning house, why let Reid make the decisions next time around? What recent evidence is there that he will make the right choices next time?

I don't get the first sentence. No one is saying Reid is doing that stuff, but he sure as hell puts the players on the field that are. It's like you have battered wife syndrome. He keeps letting us down, but there's nothing better out there, and we know it!

Coaches like Reid come around far more often than you're giving credit for (Harbaughs, Tomlin, Kubiak, M. Lewis, L. Smith, McCarthy, M. Smith, Payton, etc. none of them had NFL head coaching experience before they were hired). Is it that you just don't trust Lurie to pick another good coach?
    I could make a list just as long if not longer full of coaches that came in and bombed and got fired after 1 or 2 seasons. Just because it's possible doesn't make it a good idea.

If our O-line wasn't decimated by injuries and (easy to say now) we didn't fire Castillo, we would not be in this position. Minus a few blown leads in games where the offense was not producing jack ****, the defense was solid for the most part under Castillo. There were still a few gaffes here and there, but they were not nearly as laughable as they've been since Bowles took over.

Last year it was new scheme, new players, lockout etc. This year the pressure of expectations forced Castillo's firing and yet another coordinator takes over. All we heard was how the players didn't believe in Juan. Well, apparently they did. There's been no continuity, and no leadership.

All we need is to get rid of this wide 9 scheme that obviously doesn't work, bring in a serious defensive coordinator with a pedigree, and get the O-line healthy, and this team will be fine. This team is just way too talented to be this bad. It just is. What we're seeing is more mental than anything else, and this defensive coordinator carousel is the biggest cause for it. Yeah, that was Andy's fault. It didn't work out. **** happens. It's still a correctable problem.

Firing the best coach in franchise history is not necessary to correct it. Hiring a new head coach is a complete shot in the dark. A new coach can't accomplish very much more than Andy has in his tenure. He can however, do a lot worse.

It's easy to make a case for change. But to think that getting rid of Andy automatically solves all this teams problems is absurd.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    I gotta say, the idea of letting Reid rebuild the roster and all that is something I kinda have to laugh at a little. Aren't we all the same ones saying how Jackson, Allen, Coleman, (no linebackers worth mentioning), etc, etc are the problems? Look I know last years Free Agent binge had alot to do with Roseman, but Roseman didn't hire Jim Washburn, he didn't Hire Howard Mudd. He didn't promote Castillo to Defensive Coordinator.

Reid built the majority of the roster as you see it today. And quite honestly, the majority of this roster as you see it today is crap. I can think of 10-15 players I'd really want to keep moving forward. Reid, yearly has undervalued positions of importance. Linebacker, Fullback, for alot of years he didn't value WR's. Now its Safeties he doesn't value.

Look, I love what Reid did early on, but he hasn't replaced the Trotters, Dawkins, Vincents, Emmons, Taylors that made this defense what it was in our glory days. His failure to do that, in my opinion, is why we can't have him rebuild.

I've never doubted his ability with QB's, its a proven track record of success. But the Defense needs to be better and I cannot see how that happens with him here.

Lights, Cameras, Jackson

vCash

Why is it you that's always posting these freaken depressing videos, thanks a lot man. :cry:

Seriously we want from that to freaken guys who hit like girls on defense and play like little *****es. We need a complete overhaul on defense, we need that guy that's not only a spark but is influential on everyone else and teaches them how to hit hard.

This is the same reason why the Ravens defense has been great for years, they don't play like little wimps and don't back down from anybody and got each others backs, while here in Philly we have guys who are afraid to get hit and make tackles.

But I'm calling it right now build this defense around Vinny Curry, this kids intensity and heart is what we've been lacking since Dawkins left.

Quote Originally Posted by phillybirdblog View Post
    I gotta say, the idea of letting Reid rebuild the roster and all that is something I kinda have to laugh at a little. Aren't we all the same ones saying how Jackson, Allen, Coleman, (no linebackers worth mentioning), etc, etc are the problems? Look I know last years Free Agent binge had alot to do with Roseman, but Roseman didn't hire Jim Washburn, he didn't Hire Howard Mudd. He didn't promote Castillo to Defensive Coordinator.

Reid built the majority of the roster as you see it today. And quite honestly, the majority of this roster as you see it today is crap. I can think of 10-15 players I'd really want to keep moving forward. Reid, yearly has undervalued positions of importance. Linebacker, Fullback, for alot of years he didn't value WR's. Now its Safeties he doesn't value.

Look, I love what Reid did early on, but he hasn't replaced the Trotters, Dawkins, Vincents, Emmons, Taylors that made this defense what it was in our glory days. His failure to do that, in my opinion, is why we can't have him rebuild.

I've never doubted his ability with QB's, its a proven track record of success. But the Defense needs to be better and I cannot see how that happens with him here.
    If it wasn't for Washburn we probably would've drafted Dontari Poe instead of Fletcher Cox. As much as people hate on Wash for that we have to give him credit for being the biggest reason that Cox is even on this team and that we have a legit DT to go forward with.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    I could make a list just as long if not longer full of coaches that came in and bombed and got fired after 1 or 2 seasons. Just because it's possible doesn't make it a good idea.
    Yes, I know you can name more coaches that bombed, that's not the point though, I'm just saying Reid isn't the only coach in the league to have success. Of the 15 teams with winning records in the NFL, 11 of the head coaches are with the first team they've ever been a head coach for in the NFL. Of 16 losing teams, 11 of the head coaches are also with their first team. (I'm not including the Saints, they have had 2 interim coaches this year)

Coaches on their 2nd+ team: 4 have a winning record, 5 have a losing record.

Coaches who have been to a Super Bowl: 5 currently with a winning record, 4 with a losing record, 1 exempt (Payton).

Hiring a new coach is a coin toss, whether or not they have previous head coaching experience, or even a Super Bowl appearance.

If our O-line wasn't decimated by injuries and (easy to say now) we didn't fire Castillo, we would not be in this position. Minus a few blown leads in games where the offense was not producing jack ****, the defense was solid for the most part under Castillo. There were still a few gaffes here and there, but they were not nearly as laughable as they've been since Bowles took over.

Last year it was new scheme, new players, lockout etc. This year the pressure of expectations forced Castillo's firing and yet another coordinator takes over. All we heard was how the players didn't believe in Juan. Well, apparently they did. There's been no continuity, and no leadership.
    There's always another excuse. (don't take this personally as it's most of the fanbase and I was right there with the excuse brigade until 2010 as well)

Last year the offense was average, but we blamed the defense and its' new scheme and the lockout, even though every team in the league had to go through the lockout. The 49ers, who were 6-10 in 2010, completely overhauled their staff on offense and defense and they were 13-3 in 2011 going through the same lockout. But the Eagles get a pass?

2 years ago Vick wasn't supposed to even play and it was his first year starting since he got out of jail
    3 years ago it was McNabb's fault
    4 years ago we were too young
    5 years ago no linebackers
    6 years ago no receivers/weapons

Sorry if the years and excuses are out of order it's just tough to keep track of all of them, but somewhere in there for every year: we didn't run enough, there was bad clock management and the offense was too predictable.

All we need is to get rid of this wide 9 scheme that obviously doesn't work, bring in a serious defensive coordinator with a pedigree, and get the O-line healthy, and this team will be fine. This team is just way too talented to be this bad. It just is. What we're seeing is more mental than anything else, and this defensive coordinator carousel is the biggest cause for it. Yeah, that was Andy's fault. It didn't work out. **** happens. It's still a correctable problem.
    I don't disagree with most of this. I do however, think the talent isn't as good as advertised. And the mental issues, specifically turnovers and the communication issues on defense, are the fault of coaches. The repeat offenders need to be taught, then benched and then cut if they continue.

I do agree with you though that continuity is needed for long term success.

Firing the best coach in franchise history is not necessary to correct it. Hiring a new head coach is a complete shot in the dark. A new coach can't accomplish very much more than Andy has in his tenure. He can however, do a lot worse.

It's easy to make a case for change. But to think that getting rid of Andy automatically solves all this teams problems is absurd.
    Don't get me wrong, I completely understand Reid is the best we've seen here, or at least the best I've seen, but I don't think hiring a new coach has to be a shot in the dark. Lurie and Roseman have to do their homework, and they can find another guy. And maybe the next 3 guys won't accomplish what Reid has, which is a lot more than some people care to admit, but if someone can win a playoff game in the next 4 years, that's already more than Reid has won in the last 4.

I don't think firing Reid solves all the team's problems at all, and no one should, but it does solve one of the many problems.

vCash
    Sorry, but you're an idiot if you think Reid should stay.

He's a very good coach. I'll admit it. I don't like him, but he's a great coach if he has a good supporting cast on the sideline. But Andy lost this team the past two seasons, and that is unacceptable. The franchise either has to get rid of the whole team, or the coach.

Which seems more logical?

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    Sorry, but you're an idiot if you think Reid should stay.

He's a very good coach. I'll admit it. I don't like him, but he's a great coach if he has a good supporting cast on the sideline. But Andy lost this team the past two seasons, and that is unacceptable. The franchise either has to get rid of the whole team, or the coach.

Which seems more logical?
    Makes sense, I mean, it's not like the rest of the team doesn't completely suck. Oh.... But wait, they do!

What do I know though? I mean, I'm an idiot and all.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    This team has totally quit on Reid and people are even pondering retaining him??? Im speachless.
    Proud employee of the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jesse Biddle
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    I understand why people want to keep Reid around but I find it laughable that some people actually think there is a chance of that happening. This team needed to improve for Reid to come back and not only did it get worse it turned into a dumpster fire. I will love Reid for what he has done here and I will think he's been one of the best coaches this organization has ever seen but people need to be realistic.

vCash
    Hope I didn't sound as if I personally wanted Reid back,I don't.But,watching the game on Monday night I just got the perception that Lurie wasn't going to fire Reid.It just seems like Lurie may be willing to forgive due to all of the injuries.I hope I'm wrong,there was just something from seeing Lurie in the box to Reid on the sideline that made it appear the marriage isn't over yet.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast