Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the life View Post
    So Lowry shoots the hell out of the ball from anywhere on the floor because of lack of motion offense but Calderon is not accepted to dribble the ball for the same reason.

The thing is Calderon makes a bigger effort to run the offense than Lowry does.
    Lowry is kind of content to shoot it for the lack of passing opportunities.

Don't invent blames because Calderon always find the open man if available.

vCash
    so lowry shoots the hell out of the ball from anywhere on the flour because of lack of motion offense but calderon is not accepted to dribble the ball for the same reason.

the thing is calderon makes a bigger effort to run the offense than lowry does.
    lowry is kind of content to shoot it for the lack of passing opportunities.

don't invent blames because calderon always find the open man if available.
    I'll take this over having Calderon on the floor playing piss poor defense any day of the week. Calderon has upside offensively when on the floor, but it is negated by his inept ability to keep his man in front of him.

He will be traded... It is just a matter of WHEN and for WHAT.

Dishing out some love...and droppin dimes

"If I was in the parking lot I'd jack him up"
    - Jack Armstrong

vCash
    so lowry shoots the hell out of the ball from anywhere on the flour because of lack of motion offense but calderon is not accepted to dribble the ball for the same reason.

the thing is calderon makes a bigger effort to run the offense than lowry does.
    lowry is kind of content to shoot it for the lack of passing opportunities.

don't invent blames because calderon always find the open man if available.
    Calderon kills ball movement on offense and he can not play defense whats so hard to understand about that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayman View Post
    I'll take this over having Calderon on the floor playing piss poor defense any day of the week. Calderon has upside offensively when on the floor, but it is negated by his inept ability to keep his man in front of him.

I think he has value for us and for other teams as well. His defense is only a big liability during close games when he's on the floor with Lowry, so the other team has the option of isolating him on their best wing scorer. For the other 45 minutes of the game we really need his distribution and ball movement, otherwise we end up playing 1-on-1 with a bunch of system players.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayman View Post

i know that. "when" does not matter because "what" won't be much.
    then we are a misstep away of lowry (gets hurt) before the season officially ends

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    Calderon kills ball movement on offense and he can not play defense whats so hard to understand about that?
    you are simply wrong. but if you want black to be white so be it.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    you are simply wrong. but if you want black to be white so be it.
    how am i wrong? when someone holds on to the ball for 20 sec every position where is the ball movement? please tell me why our offense always sucks when we are not hitting our jump shots? why is Jose Calderon not putting any pressure for opposing point guards, Jose can shoot and that's about it

vCash
    at the deadline, he'll have very high value for teams looking to pick up a quality piece for a deep run. The question will be are we buying or selling at the deadline.....despite what our record says right now, BC may want to do the crazy thing and buy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    post nazi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    how am i wrong? when someone holds on to the ball for 20 sec every position where is the ball movement? please tell me why our offense always sucks when we are not hitting our jump shots? why is Jose Calderon not putting any pressure for opposing point guards, Jose can shoot and that's about it
    jose is playing a pass first conservative bball. his game is good for a coach that masters x and os... the problem is jose trays to find the open man which is hard to find when there are no x and os in casey's tactic. jose often passes the ball early in the play to amir and nothing gets done except a jump shot from amir or a pass back to jose after jose circle the paint once or twice. all the other players are standing around and watch. why? because there is no clear strategy.

lowry is better for "so called" motion offense but he has the same problem like jose: there is no much motion on the floor. lowry is more inpatient, forces things, and has the tendency to take over the offense when there are no good passing options. but taking over limits even more the contribution from the other players on the floor.

i understand why casey tends to play lowry off the ball late in the games. he wants to use his shooting and slashing abilities. the problem is that casey does not run plays that will allow lowry to get the ball in positions where his slashing is effective enough. this is why even with two pgs on the floor the offense dies or is a desperate 1-on-1 struggle in the last minutes of almost every game.

one more thing which i've observed is that sometimes both pgs are trying to give the ball to a certain player but without a proper play in place, for example to bargs. this end up bad because the defense of the other team sees clearly what is to come and neutralizes the attack. bargs or demar are not talented enough to take the ball from anywhere on the floor and score. they need easy shots in order to be more effective.
    again missing x and os make the offense very mechanical and predictable regardless of who is running it.

so my conclusion is that both pgs performances are affected by the same problem: half court offense without a proper set of plays and with limited movement.
    Last edited by the life; 12-04-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    jose is playing a pass first conservative bball. his game is good for a coach that masters x and os... the problem is jose trays to find the open man which is hard to find when there are no x and os in casey's tactic. jose often passes the ball early in the play to amir and nothing gets done except a jump shot from amir or a pass back to jose after jose circle the paint once or twice. all the other players are standing around and watch. why? because there is no clear strategy.

lowry is better for "so called" motion offense but he has the same problem like jose: there is no much motion on the floor. lowry is more inpatient, forces things, and has the tendency to take over the offense when there are no good passing options. but taking over limits even more the contribution from the other players on the floor.

i understand why casey tends to play lowry off the ball late in the games. he wants to use his shooting and slashing abilities. the problem is that casey does not run plays that will allow lowry to get the ball in positions where his slashing is effective enough. this is why even with two pgs on the floor the offense dies or is a desperate 1-on-1 struggle in the last minutes of almost every game.

one more thing which i've observed is that sometimes both pgs are trying to give the ball to a certain player but without a proper play in place, for example to bargs. this end up bad because the defense of the other team sees clearly what is to come and neutralizes the attack. bargs or demar are not talented enough to take the ball from anywhere on the floor and score. they need easy shots in order to be more effective.
    again missing x and os make the offense very mechanical and predictable regardless of who is running it.

so my conclusion is that both pgs performances are affected by the same problem: half court offense without a proper set of plays and with limited movement.
    Pretty much this. Even when Lowry was running Adelman's motion offense, every single player on Adelman's roster was an adept shooter, dribbler and passer (first in the league). We don't have that luxury in Toronto.

I think Casey tries to reconciliate our lack of playmaking from other positions by supplementing an additional PG into the line up but because of Lowry's and Calderon's divisive personalities, the theory doesn't really translate well on the court.
    Last edited by Freakazoid; 12-04-2012 at 01:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Pretty much this. Even when Lowry was running Adelman's motion offense, every single player on Adelman's roster was an adept shooter, dribbler and passer (first in the league). We don't have that luxury in Toronto.

I think Casey tries to reconciliate our lack of playmaking from other positions by supplementing an additional PG into the line up but because of Lowry's and Calderon's divisive personalities, the theory doesn't really translate well on the court.
    i think divisive personalities add a degree of complexity to the situation but the biggest problem is the fact that there are no proper plays that could result in easy baskets. we play the same game like Boston but with players that are not as good. i think jose trays hard to follow caseys tactics and even lowry trays to set up the plays the way the coach wants because i see lowry sometimes trying hard to give the ball to bargs and i don't think it would be his first choice.

the best players to get the ball deep with the back to the basket are val and ed but there are very few plays run for them. most of the plays are for bargs and amir which don't have traditional back to the basket games.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    Are people seriously that lazy? All you have to do is hold down the shift key when you press the first letter of your sentence, if you only have one hand you should still be able to do it.

vCash
    With the way the season is going, i think it would be a good thing to trade Calderon at the deadline for nothing. If we are going to suck, we might as well be at the very bottom instead of having the 5th or 6th worst record and losing our draft pick.
    Last edited by kenzo400; 12-04-2012 at 04:25 PM.

vCash
    Jose has trade value probably more so for his 11 million expiring than what he brings or does not .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast