Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Jose Calderon's Trade Value

I know it's become somewhat of a pastime to rag on Calderon for his defensive shortcoming and high annual salary, but I think it's time we recognize what he's worth as a trade chip and cash in on it while we can. I'm not sure which is more valuable, his distribution and shooting skills or his expiring contact, but here's where he stands amongst the top 10 point guards in total assist over the last three seasons (2009/10 to 2011/12):

Total Assists: 7th (6th over last five seasons)
    Assists per 48 min: 4th (4th over last five seasons)
    Assists per TO: 2nd (1st over last five seasons)
    Free Throw %: 3rd (2nd over last five seasons)
    Field Goal %: 5th (5th over last five seasons)
    3-Point %: 3rd (2nd over last five seasons)

16 teams will make the playoffs this season and many of them will have an inferior point guard. Combine that with a $10M expiring contract (which is still high, but hardly unmanageable) and I think we've got one value trading chip. I just hope BC cashes it in!

vCash
    not much since he's expiring, he's over 30, and can't defend for his life

vCash
    Doubt it, especially if Lowry has lingering health concerns throughout the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Doubt it, especially if Lowry has lingering health concerns throughout the season.
    This.

vCash
    If he trades Jose then I think a back up PG should be in that package. I don't think Casey trust Turd that much.

Some suggested and even Grange mentioned in his Sportsnet article today that maybe Gasol/Blake for Bargs and Calderon is possible.

vCash
    It would be funny to watch him try to defend a rose/westbrook/paul/williams etc etc etc in a 7 game series. He is prbly the biggest reason we cant close games because everyteam knows they can pick and roll/pop/do whatever they want to him. He cant score in the paint. He is a backup pg on a non contender and thats all he will ever be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyk13 View Post
    It would be funny to watch him try to defend a rose/westbrook/paul/williams etc etc etc in a 7 game series. He is prbly the biggest reason we cant close games because everyteam knows they can pick and roll/pop/do whatever they want to him. He cant score in the paint. He is a backup pg on a non contender and thats all he will ever be.
    Sad to say this is true. BC might get 2nd round pick at trade deadline. He might have limited value to contending team as backup pg but I'll bet we get next to nothing for him outright ---likely he will be part of a package if he goes.

vCash
    i think he's more valuable to this organization and won't fetch a whole lot in return. i'd keep him.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I think that his value is higher with us due to Lowry's injuries (he's so aggressive), offense flows better with him in the lineup, his age, lack of defence, and to top it off a $10 expiring contract. The ONLY way I see him getting moved is if we are able to get some considerable talent in return (ie high caliber SF, or high caliber other need, or a couple of higher first round picks) - otherwise he'll be here until the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsfanforlife View Post
    I think that his value is higher with us due to Lowry's injuries (he's so aggressive), offense flows better with him in the lineup, his age, lack of defence, and to top it off a $10 expiring contract. The ONLY way I see him getting moved is if we are able to get some considerable talent in return (ie high caliber SF, or high caliber other need, or a couple of higher first round picks) - otherwise he'll be here until the end.
    I always find it so funny the trades and stuff people on here come up with.
    ]I may be acting like a Kidd, switch from team to team, now I'm getting Bucks and all I see is green. Call me what you want, image don't mean a thing to me, sign me for 5 or 6 mill and worry about my legacy. - Me

vCash
    you forgot to mention him dribbling the air out of the ball for 20 sec every position and everyone standing still watching him some nice play making

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    you forgot to mention him dribbling the air out of the ball for 20 sec every position and everyone standing still watching him some nice play making
    That's another problem we have. The team just stands there watching him dribble instead of trying to get open.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    so lowry shoots the hell out of the ball from anywhere on the flour because of lack of motion offense but calderon is not accepted to dribble the ball for the same reason.

the thing is calderon makes a bigger effort to run the offense than lowry does.
    lowry is kind of content to shoot it for the lack of passing opportunities.

don't invent blames because calderon always find the open man if available.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the life View Post
    So Lowry shoots the hell out of the ball from anywhere on the floor because of lack of motion offense but Calderon is not accepted to dribble the ball for the same reason.

The thing is Calderon makes a bigger effort to run the offense than Lowry does.
    Lowry is kind of content to shoot it for the lack of passing opportunities.

Don't invent blames because Calderon always find the open man if available.
    ]I may be acting like a Kidd, switch from team to team, now I'm getting Bucks and all I see is green. Call me what you want, image don't mean a thing to me, sign me for 5 or 6 mill and worry about my legacy. - Me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    post nazi

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast