Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    vCash
    Hello there, I've just joined this forum so greetings to everyone from England. I watched the game on redzone last night, we hardly ever get TB live games anymore

There's no shame losing to a team that has Peyton Manning at the helm, in my humble view.

I think that we could win it all next season.

vCash
    Seattle beating CHI yesterday really ********* us! We will most likely need to win out, and they might have to loose 2 of 4 in order for us to make it. They have one game on us, and even if we make that up, they currently hold the tie breaker. Gonna be tough.

vCash
    Seattle really rode their luck though. Made some terrible plays and should have won it in regular time.

Like you said aecon we are going to have to roll up our sleeves and do it the hard way. But that is what Schiano is all about and I fancy us to win the big one again in a year or two.

I hope the next few SB's aren't on the West coast. I had to sit up till about 5-30 in the morning GMT on that famous night in 2003 and go straight to work at 8 feeling distinctly off colour.

vCash
    ^^^gotta love "British English" lol

They hold the tie breaker right now and even if we tied up the conference record, they would still own the SOV tie breaker.

Aecon is right, the way we get in is winning out and Seattle losing 2 games...we basically have to have a 1 game lead on everybody because seattle, dallas and washington would all own the tie breakers against us

I think its possible if the NFL hurries up with the Browner & Sherman suspensions. It will be very hard for them to win their remaining games without those guys. Best case scenario is probably before the Buffalo game.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Tough lost to swallow bru, but we've had the deck stacked against us all yr!
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    A very interesting point about English, Bwallstreet, I keep getting told by my computer that my spelling is wrong, even on UK websites. It's a bloody travesty!

Anyway, I think we can hit Philly for six, they seem to have lost their way altogether, away at NO will be very tough but it's been done before, the Rams hopefully will have nothing to play for and will have already packed their suitcases for 2 weeks at Sandals.

The game that could do for us is Atlanta, but their success may be our salvation, they might field some reserves to avoid possible injuries, having already secured home field rights for the play offs.

You never know, we could do it, come on the Bucs!

vCash
    I want to see a beat down, we need a statement game right about now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pompeymeowth View Post
    Hello there, I've just joined this forum so greetings to everyone from England. I watched the game on redzone last night, we hardly ever get TB live games anymore

There's no shame losing to a team that has Peyton Manning at the helm, in my humble view.

I think that we could win it all next season.
    Welcome to the forum bro, stay active!

vCash
    Thanks Capital T, I will. I've been on UK forums for a number of years, mostly soccer and cricket but some fans of Southampton (my club Portsmouth's great rivals) like Football and we have goodnatured, in the main, banter with each other.

I'm the only Bucs fan sadly, most of them like the Clubs more well known in the UK, such as Chicago, Miami, Indy, Washington, NY and so on.

vCash
    I am pretty happy about how close we came at the end there. *%&^ anyone who disagrees with Schiano playing the game until the last tick of the clock. Thats exactly what got us in a position to kick the onside within one score. We live in such a microwave society. Look, the fact that we are still in the hunt for the playoffs this late in the season with a whole new coaching staff, schemes and players is an amazing feat. We have been in every game we lost all the way up to the end. Enough complaining and enjoy the fact that we arent on a 10 game losing streak right now!

I do believe that if we win out and Seattle loses just 1 game we would be in due to record and division record. I am at work right now so I dont have time to put all the numbers together but can anyone confirm this? If not, Ill crunch some numbers (The Office reference) tonight.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    I feel the only tough game left is New Orleans. The 14 point lead we had on them in the first half and the way that game ended tell me that there is no reason we cant win that game.

Similarly to the last 2 its all about going out there and taking it from them.

I think however this season ends we are on the right path, we are better than anyone gave us credit for and the future is bright.

Another good draft, smart FA moves and another offseason for our young guys to develop as well as some of our best players to get healthy. I dont think anybody wants to see the Bucs coming next year.

Carl Nicks
    Davin Joseph
    Adrian Clayborn

will be huge for us to get back, Trueblood wont be back but

Arrelious Benn
    Quincy Black
    Sammie Stroughter
    Danny Noble
    Desmond Wynn

may or may not be back but can help this team get strong again.

Our injured reserve guys getting healthy + our draft picks + our FA pick ups added to what we have no = one hell of a good team for next year.

I think if Dom has an offseason as good as this last one theres no doubt we will be a serious playoff contender and in the running for the division

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrews1469 View Post
    I am pretty happy about how close we came at the end there. *%&^ anyone who disagrees with Schiano playing the game until the last tick of the clock. Thats exactly what got us in a position to kick the onside within one score. We live in such a microwave society. Look, the fact that we are still in the hunt for the playoffs this late in the season with a whole new coaching staff, schemes and players is an amazing feat. We have been in every game we lost all the way up to the end. Enough complaining and enjoy the fact that we arent on a 10 game losing streak right now!

I do believe that if we win out and Seattle loses just 1 game we would be in due to record and division record. I am at work right now so I dont have time to put all the numbers together but can anyone confirm this? If not, Ill crunch some numbers (The Office reference) tonight.
    wrong....if its the buffalo game they lose theyd be 8-4 in the conference and wed be 7-5.....if it is one of their other 3 games (all divisional) then wed both be 7-5

if we finish with the same record and conference record...**** gets wierd
    1.Head-to-head, if applicable.
    2.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    3.Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
    4.Strength of victory.
    5.Strength of schedule.
    6.Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    7.Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8.Best net points in conference games.
    9.Best net points in all games.
    10.Best net touchdowns in all games.
    11.Coin toss.
    it would then go to number 3 which is won-lost-tied percentage in common games

the problem is i dont know how they take into account divisional games...do they count both of our carolina wins or 1....if seattle beats st louis in there second game do they count both games or just 1, and if just 1 which 1 the win or the loss

assuming they count both are games against carolina and both their games against st louis it would look like this
    Common Opponents: Dallas, Carolina, Minnesota, St. Louis

Tampa Bay:
    Carolina W
    Dallas L
    Minnesota W
    Carolina W
    St. Louis?
    3-1 with one left...assuming we win out as you said that puts us at 4-1

Seattle:
    Dallas W
    St. Louis L
    Carolina W
    Minnesota W
    St. Louis ?
    3-1 with one left....if there one loss in your scenario is buffalo it doesnt come to this as i said, if its arizona or san fran they would be 4-1 and tie us, if the loss is to st. louis they would be 3-2

UNLESS they only count divisional games once, then we would both be 3-1

IF we tie on this tie-breaker we're done....then it would go to Stength of Victory
    and they would win that
    They are 2nd highest in the NFC with .536 and we are the lowest in the NFC with .292

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    2.In comparing records against common opponents among tied teams, the best won-lost-tied percentage is the deciding factor, since teams may have played an unequal number of games.
    This sounds as if both divisional games count, otherwise they couldn't have an unequal number of games.
    http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Man we need CB's in the worst way I was all in for DRC but after watching what Dez did to him last night idk if he's as talented as I thought (maybe it's just the whole philly team in the slump). We might have to trade for a quality corner if ATL can get asante for a 7th Id like to see what we can get for one or both of our 4ths.

vCash
    Nice breakdown Bwall. So basically, we need them to A) lose or tie 2 B) Lose to the Rams (putting their common opponents winning % at 60 and ours at %80)

That would put us over the hump in regards to the Seahawks but we still need Dallas AND Minn to lose or tie at least 1 to finish at 9-7 because both at the moment hold the conference tiebreaker over us.

Looks like a long shot with all these qualifyers but were not done yet. We just have to handle the uggles and take it week by week.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast