Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Monte Kiffen Resigns at USC

Per NFL.com
    says he will search his NFL opportunities which should come in by the dozens.

vCash
    The man left us high and dry...like a *****

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    I have a lot of respect for Monte, but that ship has sailed on. This is Schiano's defense now.

vCash
    Even tho I disliked how he left I respect him tremendously. Once I would have loved for him to consider a head coaching job in Tampa but that does not appear to be in the cards. All I can say is best of luck. He will always be a buc in my eyes. Much respect and props to monte. Know where ever he lands will be getting a legit defensive guiness. I wish him much success and happiness in whatever he now chooses to do.

vCash
    Our defense hasn't been good since he left, part of me still wants him back here. However I think our defense is on the right track, finally. Best of luck to monte

vCash
    That Guy's the true superbowl hero, love the guy, couldn't blame him for leaving he's been with the Bucs for like ever b4 his departure, a change of scenery was what he felt he needed! That being said, the decision crippled not only our D from that panthers game when they allowed him to make that announcement, which was the dumbiest thing this organization has ever allowed to happen, he crippled himself think his coaching scheme could be duplicated @ the college level. That game when made his announcement dissected the D and put us on a lose out streak! Monte isn't the same, the game has evolved, the same D isn't here, and Tampa 2 is all over the NFL now. I credit him more then dungy or gruden for that superbowl and I love the guy for the way he molded the structure of the D, but its time he Hung it up, much respect tho, hall of famer in my book!
    Last edited by Capital T; 11-30-2012 at 06:06 AM.
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    It's funny, as much respect as I have for Monte(which is a lot), I have the exact opposite amount of respect for his son. Apple fell farrrrr from the tree their!

vCash
    Tampa-2 as a system still works in the NFL. if you doubt it look at what they are and have been doing in Chicago and a few other select NFL teams around the league. Some say its dead but its not, it needs the right coaches and personnel. Just like the West Coast offense things evolve and change. The league is very cyclic. Certain things work better vs other concepts ect ect and vice versa. Monte will land somewhere probably as a head coach if he wants. He will also probably continue to be successful in his endeavors. He simply has the chops. He could not have created what he helped forge here in Tampa if he was not great at his chosen trade. All I can say is best luck, good sailing and warm seas.

Last edited by hammy44; 11-30-2012 at 07:16 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hammy44 View Post
    Tampa-2 as a system still works in the NFL. if you doubt it look at what they are and have been doing in Chicago and a few other select NFL teams around the league. Some say its dead but its not, it needs the right coaches and personnel. Just like the West Coast offense things evolve and change. The league is very cyclic. Certain things work better vs other concepts ect ect and vice versa. Monte will land somewhere probably as a head coach if he wants. He will also probably continue to be successful in his endeavors. He simply has the chops. He could not have created what he helped forge here in Tampa if he was not great at his chosen trade. All I can say is best luck, good sailing and warm seas.

No one said Tampa 2 no longer works, I said the D can't be duplicated @ the college level, it took forever for the bucs to master it, it'll never be the same as b4, and everyone has a hint of Tampa 2 in there system now so everyone knows how to play against it, its become a predictable D! Love the guy, hope he coaches for as long as he wants too, but he has no youth formula, and he's getting too an age where he maybe better off hanging it up!
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    Great Buc but he's gonna be 73 in next year, time to ride off into the sunset.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tbomlad View Post
    Great Buc but he's gonna be 73 in next year, time to ride off into the sunset.
    Thats what I was thinking!

I also have respect for the guy but he did leave us high and dry. I blame him totally for the colapse of 07 and the loss of Gruden. Our D went from worst to first when he (like an idiot) told everyone he was going to leave after the season. Also, I seem to remember story after story of him thinking he was the king of the castle and acting like it defying the head coach at every turn but nobody could say anything because of our defensive performance. That being said, I give him complete credit for the legendary Bucs D and appreciate the work he has done for us. I wish him luck but he needs to check the ego at the door if he is anything less than a HC because many wont tolerate that crap.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capital T View Post
    No one said Tampa 2 no longer works, I said the D can't be duplicated @ the college level, it took forever for the bucs to master it, it'll never be the same as b4, and everyone has a hint of Tampa 2 in there system now so everyone knows how to play against it, its become a predictable D! Love the guy, hope he coaches for as long as he wants too, but he has no youth formula, and he's getting too an age where he maybe better off hanging it up!
    My comments were not really directed to just you. More so they are just my further thoughts about him and his system and the general comments I see traveling down the thread. I am a tremendous fan of M Kiffen, I basically think he is a genius and pretty much the reason I got to see Tampa win a Super Bowl..

I would point out. I feel Cover 2 or Tampa 2 was more of an evolution in the zone defense concept that came about directly as a response to counter the more horizontal aspects of the West Coast offense which was so prevalent in the 90s of the NFL. Obviously, now West Coast is used less frequently, as such, I would expect a coralatorey effect. As West Cost offenses decrease, Tampa 2 effectiveness and use should have decreased.

Football is most Def Cyclic in terms of schemes. Its why you see the reemergence of the 3-4 in the current or modern NLF where as back in the early 90s almost everyone ran 4-3. Its all about the system you use and the corresponding counters or checks to that system.

vCash
    Depending on what goes down with Butch Davis. If Butch walks away for a head coach gig, then I think we can bring him back to fill some roll on the defense if he doesn't become the D-Coordinator.

Monte has always had opportunities to be the man but I don't think he wanted anything more then to be the D coach.

For those of you who don't think Schiano and Monte can't co exist. I want to remind you that Dungy was a defensive guy, and he and Monte worked great together.

vCash
    Motes not coming here ever again, that ship has passed

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    I also want to say the Monte is our greatest Defense Coach we have had. and I know it's been 11 games, but Sullivan is the best Offense Coach I have seen in my 20 years watching the bucs (Not as long as most other fans.)

I could only dream of having the 2002-2003 Bucs Defense with our offense we have now.

But pieces are their for Monte to work with

McCoy = Sapp
    David = Brooks
    Barron = Lynch
    Claiborne/Bowers/Bennett = Rice
    Barber = Barber

I think Monte can work with the talent we have now and bring us up to a top 10 defense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast