Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

    18 81.82%
  • St Louis Rams

    4 18.18%
Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061
Results 901 to 914 of 914
  1. #901
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    14,657
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    It wasn't a "scoring play" it was a penalty - the penalty resulted in a safety. Fine line, but that was the line.
    And by asking about a challenge doesn't that make it unreviewable, I still don't understand that rule, but I mean they can review if a ball is tipped on a PI call can't they?


    Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

  2. #902
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nothern Colorado
    Posts
    1,634
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    And by asking about a challenge doesn't that make it unreviewable, I still don't understand that rule, but I mean they can review if a ball is tipped on a PI call can't they?
    Penalty's aren't reviewable.

    Not sure on the tipped ball for a PI.... The rules get complicated... that's why the refs keep F'n them up.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

  3. #903
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    14,657
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    Penalty's aren't reviewable.

    Not sure on the tipped ball for a PI.... The rules get complicated... that's why the refs keep F'n them up.
    I could swear that the tipped ball thing is reviewable because it happens technically before the penalty. Most other, if not all, aren't tho. I would think that the situation in our game should be, because the ball passes the line which means the penalty shouldn't have been called, I dunno, more stuff for the competition committee.


    Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

  4. #904
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Silverdale, Wa
    Posts
    7,947
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    My wife made an interesting point just now, if all scoring plays are reviewed, why wasn't the safety reviewed? Correct me if I'm wrong, but a safety puts points on the board, thus a "scoring play."
    It was a penalty that resulted in points, but I think it should still be reviewable. It's another rule that makes no ****ing sense.

  5. #905
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    10,034
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    It was a penalty that resulted in points, but I think it should still be reviewable. It's another rule that makes no ****ing sense.
    Exactly. Resulted in a scoring play.

  6. #906
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,385
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Exactly. Resulted in a scoring play.
    I understand the whole "can't review a judgement call" thing. What bothers me in this case is that the replay would not effect judgement. It would show where the ball landed which isn't a "judgement call". It's a "fact". Pretty black and white. Did the ball land at the 17 yard line or further or not. The NFL has flubbed at least 2 teams in important situations in two weeks. Lions last week and now the Niners.

  7. #907
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,629
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    You say "he's definitely one of the best on our team" and you compare him to Ted Ginn Jr.

    He's not even the 4th best receiving option on this team.
    Crabtree
    Manningham
    V.D.
    Delanie Walker

    There is no argument (since this year started) that Moss is better at catching/blocking than those 4 receivers.
    There's no reason why we don't take a shot down the field at least once a game to Moss. He still has the speed. I personally feel that Moss could be higher in your list if given the chance. I think he still has good hands, saved CK an INT last week.

    Then again, I've been complaining that we haven't given our play makers enough opportunities all season. Too much gimmicky stuff. Seriously, how does VD only have 2 catches for 15 yards in 2 weeks? I blame Roman.
    Last edited by nutty; 12-04-2012 at 12:54 PM.

  8. #908
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,629
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    * Once ball sailed over Ginn's head, Ginn tried to pick the ball up and run. Ginn should have just fell on the ball, would have resulted in pretty big loss of yards, but would have saved the TD. Fail.
    I definitely put all of that on Roman.

    Personally, I don't blame Ginn for not falling on the ball. It seemed like it took a bad bounce towards the sideline once Ginn got close. Like it was heading towards the endzone, then at the last second, right turn Clyde and went towards the sideline. If anything, it seemed like it would have been easier to just kick it out of the back of the endzone or the sideline.

  9. #909
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,629
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I understand the whole "can't review a judgement call" thing. What bothers me in this case is that the replay would not effect judgement. It would show where the ball landed which isn't a "judgement call". It's a "fact". Pretty black and white. Did the ball land at the 17 yard line or further or not. The NFL has flubbed at least 2 teams in important situations in two weeks. Lions last week and now the Niners.
    I think they failed in not knowing that the line of scrimmage extends through the out of bounds on those types of plays. They probably saw the ball went OOB prior to the line of scrimmage and therefore assumed it didn't make it.

  10. #910
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nothern Colorado
    Posts
    1,634
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I definitely put all of that on Roman.

    Personally, I don't blame Ginn for not falling on the ball. It seemed like it took a bad bounce towards the sideline once Ginn got close. Like it was heading towards the endzone, then at the last second, right turn Clyde and went towards the sideline. If anything, it seemed like it would have been easier to just kick it out of the back of the endzone or the sideline.
    I'm not overly blaming Ginn, I think he had the smallest part in it - but it did appear to me that right before Jenkins () got the ball Ginn could have just fell on it and given himself a better chance to keep the ball.

    Again, to me biggest fail was on Roman/Harbs for letting that stupid play be called into Kaep.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

  11. #911
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,133
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    I'm not overly blaming Ginn, I think he had the smallest part in it - but it did appear to me that right before Jenkins () got the ball Ginn could have just fell on it and given himself a better chance to keep the ball.

    Again, to me biggest fail was on Roman/Harbs for letting that stupid play be called into Kaep.
    I completely agree...but someone coming from an Option college...you'd think he'd be able to make that 2 yard pitch
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  12. #912
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,629
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I completely agree..
    x2

  13. #913
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    Posts
    27,664
    vCash
    13463
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I think they failed in not knowing that the line of scrimmage extends through the out of bounds on those types of plays. They probably saw the ball went OOB prior to the line of scrimmage and therefore assumed it didn't make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    I'm not overly blaming Ginn, I think he had the smallest part in it - but it did appear to me that right before Jenkins () got the ball Ginn could have just fell on it and given himself a better chance to keep the ball.

    Again, to me biggest fail was on Roman/Harbs for letting that stupid play be called into Kaep.
    x2
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

    "We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

  14. #914
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,385
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I think they failed in not knowing that the line of scrimmage extends through the out of bounds on those types of plays. They probably saw the ball went OOB prior to the line of scrimmage and therefore assumed it didn't make it.
    They made quite a few "mistakes" that are pretty shady actually. I don't think the game was rigged...but I do think the officials need to be held accountable for quite obviously altering the outcome of a game due to repeated mistakes.

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •