Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

18 81.82%
  • St Louis Rams

4 18.18%
Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast
    vCash
    Wondering if the staff is using a rotation at WR to keep guys healthy for the end of the year since that was an issue last season ala using Hunter more pre injury to keep Franks legs under him come Jan-Feb. If that is what they are doing I expect we'll start seeing the same set of WRs over the last few weeks of the season to get a rythem going into the postseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Wondering if the staff is using a rotation at WR to keep guys healthy for the end of the year since that was an issue last season ala using Hunter more pre injury to keep Franks legs under him come Jan-Feb. If that is what they are doing I expect we'll start seeing the same set of WRs over the last few weeks of the season to get a rythem going into the postseason.
    I hope you're right, but I doubt it. Roman is an idiot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I hope you're right, but I doubt it. Roman is an idiot.
    Starting to agree with that, at least every few games he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    He's nowhere close to the "best" on our team.
    Manningham runs better routes, and actually jumps in the air.
    I thought we would see the "old" Moss this year, but we arent.
    He's more of an inspiration, instead of an athletic, focused WR for this offense.

You really see a lot in Moss, yeah you can blame playcalling, but Moss is a diversion for Manningham & Crabtree. He is that because he knows he's not what he used to be, and he's happy with that role. It's a new Randy Moss, not the old version. If he was so focused, and determined he would have a bigger role. Not happening.
    He's definitely one of the best on our team.

Lame assessment. He's not focused and determine because they're not giving him snaps? Totally makes sense.

vCash
    What has he shown? Nothing.

He's dropped more balls/missed routes than catches, and no way he's the best on our team. Just because you're name is Randy Moss doesn't make you the best. Manningham & Crabtree are running harder, and getting open easier.

You would think you get opportunities because you work hard and show something in practice right?

Are you assuming Moss is working hard outside the games, but the coordinators are just not throwing to him?

vCash
    I'm seeing different players then because I'm seeing a reliable veteran who just doesn't get enough snaps. He comes in for single wideout sets only to block. You have Manningham, Crabtree, and Ginn on 3 wideout sets. That's just Harbaugh and Roman being idiots because you can try all you want, but Ginn isn't better than an unhappy Randy Moss.

This is no name game...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    I'm seeing different players then because I'm seeing a reliable veteran who just doesn't get enough snaps. He comes in for single wideout sets only to block. You have Manningham, Crabtree, and Ginn on 3 wideout sets. That's just Harbaugh and Roman being idiots because you can try all you want, but Ginn isn't better than an unhappy Randy Moss.

This is no name game...
    You have to give Ginn some credit last night, he found some hands. That one throw behind him that he caught one handed, secured and moved up field was .
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    He would waste his best catch ever on a two yard gain...

vCash
    You say "he's definitely one of the best on our team" and you compare him to Ted Ginn Jr.

He's not even the 4th best receiving option on this team.
    Crabtree
    Manningham
    V.D.
    Delanie Walker

There is no argument (since this year started) that Moss is better at catching/blocking than those 4 receivers.

vCash
    Yeah there is? You're never going to concede but he's looked great all year. He needs more snaps in passing situations.

vCash
    So I just spent some time going over the safety and fumble. Because I needed to know .

Safety -

* Rams blitzed 7, all blitzers didn't get picked up - not a big shocker here.
    * Person covering Crabs, blitzes - Crabs doesn't change route - Crabs, should have shortened route to give Kaep a chance. Fail.
    * Manningham kept running what looks like a deep route, again should have recognized blitz and tried to help out his QB. Minor fail.
    * Kaep appears to try to keep his eyes down field too long, I'm guessing looking for Crabs or Manningham on deep route. Should have seen blitz and scrambled out (after all that is why he's in there), or threw ball away. Fail.
    * Kaep finally picks up blitz, and rolls to his right - bad move, he has a guy coming right from that direction. If he had rolled to his left, then he would have had Bruce Miller open in time to get him the ball. Probably wouldn't have gotten 1st down - minor fail.
    * Kaep kept retreating into endzone. Way fail, should have eaten a sack much sooner, was trying to keep play alive.

Fumble/Bad Pitch -

* BAD PLAY CALL!!! Epic Fail
    * Ball snapped low, Kaep has to take eyes off down field to catch snap. Right here Kaep SHOULD have checked out of play and either just handed the ball to Frank or ran with it himself. Likely neither would have gotten 1st down, but hey... it's Frank frigg'n Gore. Fail.
    * BAD PLAY CALL!!!! Epic Fail
    * Once ball sailed over Ginn's head, Ginn tried to pick the ball up and run. Ginn should have just fell on the ball, would have resulted in pretty big loss of yards, but would have saved the TD. Fail.
    * BAD PLAY CALL!!!!! SOOO Epic Fail!

In the end, neither of these were all on Kaep, maybe Alex makes a better decision or checks out of the plays at the line - no way anyone can say for sure either way. Many people had their hands full of c@@p with both of these plays. Several people could have saved these plays (likely), but no one did. Team fails.

So that's how I see it. I couldn't watch the coaches film because they don't have it up yet, just the normal TV footage, but I don't think coaches film here would have made much difference in trying to diagnose these two plays.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    So I just spent some time going over the safety and fumble. Because I needed to know .

Safety -

* Rams blitzed 7, all blitzers didn't get picked up - not a big shocker here.
    * Person covering Crabs, blitzes - Crabs doesn't change route - Crabs, should have shortened route to give Kaep a chance. Fail.
    * Manningham kept running what looks like a deep route, again should have recognized blitz and tried to help out his QB. Minor fail.
    * Kaep appears to try to keep his eyes down field too long, I'm guessing looking for Crabs or Manningham on deep route. Should have seen blitz and scrambled out (after all that is why he's in there), or threw ball away. Fail.
    * Kaep finally picks up blitz, and rolls to his right - bad move, he has a guy coming right from that direction. If he had rolled to his left, then he would have had Bruce Miller open in time to get him the ball. Probably wouldn't have gotten 1st down - minor fail.
    * Kaep kept retreating into endzone. Way fail, should have eaten a sack much sooner, was trying to keep play alive.

Fumble/Bad Pitch -

* BAD PLAY CALL!!! Epic Fail
    * Ball snapped low, Kaep has to take eyes off down field to catch snap. Right here Kaep SHOULD have checked out of play and either just handed the ball to Frank or ran with it himself. Likely neither would have gotten 1st down, but hey... it's Frank frigg'n Gore. Fail.
    * BAD PLAY CALL!!!! Epic Fail
    * Once ball sailed over Ginn's head, Ginn tried to pick the ball up and run. Ginn should have just fell on the ball, would have resulted in pretty big loss of yards, but would have saved the TD. Fail.
    * BAD PLAY CALL!!!!! SOOO Epic Fail!

In the end, neither of these were all on Kaep, maybe Alex makes a better decision or checks out of the plays at the line - no way anyone can say for sure either way. Many people had their hands full of c@@p with both of these plays. Several people could have saved these plays (likely), but no one did. Team fails.

So that's how I see it. I couldn't watch the coaches film because they don't have it up yet, just the normal TV footage, but I don't think coaches film here would have made much difference in trying to diagnose these two plays.
    This part made me laugh.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    My wife made an interesting point just now, if all scoring plays are reviewed, why wasn't the safety reviewed? Correct me if I'm wrong, but a safety puts points on the board, thus a "scoring play."

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    My wife made an interesting point just now, if all scoring plays are reviewed, why wasn't the safety reviewed? Correct me if I'm wrong, but a safety puts points on the board, thus a "scoring play."
    Because the NFL hates the 49ers. I was wondering the same thing though, as I was watching the game the announcers were saying that it looked like the threw it beyond the line of scrimmage and that the line continues infinitely out of bounds and he cleared it. Kaepernick also said this in his press conference.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    It wasn't a "scoring play" it was a penalty - the penalty resulted in a safety. Fine line, but that was the line.

Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast