22. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

18 81.82%
  • St Louis Rams

4 18.18%
Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    And why was it in OT in the first place? Fact is they didn't play their best when it was most important, they played almost flawless up until then, but fact is we had a lead and they blew it, we had at least another tie and they lost that too. Roman didn't go for anything in OT to win the game either, but fact is their kicker known for long FGs and we couldn't play soft like we did at the end of the game or the end of OT.
    Because our QB gave them 10 free points?

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 76ersai0309 View Post
    Because our QB gave them 10 free points?
    And gave us a 3 point lead. Like I said, mistakes early can be corrected, mistakes late cannot.

vCash
    People need to stop acting like I'm putting Kap on a pedestal of perfection. He didn't have his best game, but he still played well, and he was far from the only issue on the field today. Alot of you seem unable to point at anyone but him.
    You can't say what you are saying about the defense and then make excuses for Kap, I think playcalling had a ton to do with this loss. Using your logic it could be said, with the exception of the 2 drives that mattered most Kap played great. In reality kap played OK, not great, not horrible, he didn't take the team on his back as some felt he would. The defense on the other hand held for 5 quarters without giving up a touchdown, to me that is just short of great. The question is did kap make it evident he is better than Alex? not in this game. Will he ????? who knows, but the division crown is hanging in the balance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yeolde9erfan View Post
    You can't say what you are saying about the defense and then make excuses for Kap, I think playcalling had a ton to do with this loss. Using your logic it could be said, with the exception of the 2 drives that mattered most Kap played great. In reality kap played OK, not great, not horrible, he didn't take the team on his back as some felt he would. The defense on the other hand held for 5 quarters without giving up a touchdown, to me that is just short of great. The question is did kap make it evident he is better than Alex? not in this game. Will he ????? who knows, but the division crown is hanging in the balance
    I've said multiple times that he made mistakes that are correctable. But the fact is that the offense made up for the mistakes, and he took the team on his back with a 50 yard run that lead to our getting a 3 point lead. The defense had a mess up at the worst times.

vCash
    And gave us a 3 point lead. Like I said, mistakes early can be corrected, mistakes late cannot.
    Their first late mistake could easily have been made up. They held the rams for 14 minutes in overtime. That's plenty of time for our offense to make up for it.

And you do realize the game winning "drive" went 22 yards because of the missed fieldgoal by Akers. So giving up 22 yards equals bad play?

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    Their first late mistake could easily have been made up. They held the rams for 14 minutes in overtime. That's plenty of time for our offense to make up for it.

And you do realize the game winning "drive" went 22 yards because of the missed fieldgoal by Akers. So giving up 22 yards equals bad play?
    When for most of the game the Rams barely could manage a 1st down? Yes. They had no deep passing game even in man coverage, all we had to do was stop Jackson (we didn't) and the short passes (didn't).

vCash
    And why was it in OT in the first place? Fact is they didn't play their best when it was most important, they played almost flawless up until then, but fact is we had a lead and they blew it, we had at least another tie and they lost that too. Roman didn't go for anything in OT to win the game either, but fact is their kicker known for long FGs and we couldn't play soft like we did at the end of the game or the end of OT.
    the rams would not have had much of a chance had kappy been better at clock management.

vCash
    I've said multiple times that he made mistakes that are correctable. But the fact is that the offense made up for the mistakes, and he took the team on his back with a 50 yard run that lead to our getting a 3 point lead. The defense had a mess up at the worst times.
    giving up 9 points on qb mistakes is 9 points no matter, and you can say the refs made a bad call but if he doesn't run back into the endzone it's not a safety. any mistake that creates points for the opposition is "at the worst time". I'm not trying to say Alex is better than Kap here. I'm saying Kap didn't show he is better than alex in this game.

vCash
    When for most of the game the Rams barely could manage a 1st down? Yes. They had no deep passing game even in man coverage, all we had to do was stop Jackson (we didn't) and the short passes (didn't).
    Oh so you expect our defense to allow 0 first down every drive? Sorry. That's only possible in madden on an easier difficulty. Because they were dominant the entire game they are looked down upon for giving up 22 yards.

Cool.

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    Oh so you expect our defense to allow 0 first down every drive? Sorry. That's only possible in madden on an easier difficulty. Because they were dominant the entire game they are looked down upon for giving up 22 yards.

Cool.
    22 yards and how much on the last drive in regulation? 50? 60? The Rams barely crossed mid-field all game as well, but again, when it mattered, no. I ask what gives? I wish people would stop putting words in my mouth. I didn't say don't give up any 1st downs all game, but when you can contain a team like did for most of regulation and most of OT, but not at absolute crunch time, it says something to me.

vCash
    22 yards and how much on the last drive in regulation? 50? 60? The Rams barely crossed mid-field all game as well, but again, when it mattered, no. I ask what gives? I wish people would stop putting words in my mouth. I didn't say don't give up any 1st downs all game, but when you can contain a team like did for most of regulation and most of OT, but not at absolute crunch time, it says something to me.
    45? And that is with the stupid penalty. Take that out and you only gave up 30. It was a stupid play by Goldson, but he didn't really hit him that hard and was trying to stop himself.

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    45? And that is with the stupid penalty. Take that out and you only gave up 30. It was a stupid play by Goldson, but he didn't really hit him that hard and was trying to stop himself.
    Yeah well it was still a penalty, just like the Kap non-safety was still a penalty, both cost this team.

vCash
    Yeah well it was still a penalty, just like the Kap non-safety was still a penalty, both cost this team.
    Either way... It was 45 yards. They still had to kick a long field goal. It was some fluke runs by Bradford that were unexpected. That was their whole drive.

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    But i'm done. We've gone through the same thing 86 times, so ill just let this stop now.

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    Either way... It was 45 yards. They still had to kick a long field goal. It was some fluke runs by Bradford that were unexpected. That was their whole drive.
    Fact is tho that we need to be prepared for things like that, we cannot play soft prevent defense when you have a kicker who was 5-9 on 50+ yarders coming into this game, sure he missed one, but he made two others. You can't play those odds especially late in the game. Maybe put some on Fangio if you want for calling the prevent, but Sam Bradford should not be doing that to our defense especially how it was playing for 3 and 3/4 of a game.

Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast