Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

18 81.82%
  • St Louis Rams

4 18.18%
Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    vCash
    9ers also had some worrisome injuries during the game with manningham and gore

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Let's see what Maiocco (the best in the business of 49ers reporting) has to say:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-s...23&feedID=5936
    Harbaugh admits the riskiness of the fumble and we were outcoached by the Rams, pretty much how I saw it today.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    He said he played "ok" not "only ok". Aside from the mistakes, that are correctable, he was good throwing the ball. There are alot of games we can come away Alex Smith only played "ok" as well. What I'd like to address is the people saying that the QB change wasn't a good move now while we're in the playoff hunt. I say growing pains are better now, when we have a shot at the playoffs already, then next year when it may cost us games early in the season and keep us struggling to even be in the playoff picture.
    And the difference is????? I'm still conflicted whether or not it was the right decision to go to Kap or not, you on the other hand are so slanted to kap it's ridiculous

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yeolde9erfan View Post
    I agree too but can they afford those "rookie" mistakes this late in the season and going forward???????there will be no winner in this debate, only makes the trenches between Kap and Alex deeper with the fans. I still say the better question is do we have the play calling on the offensive side of the ball??? was it Alex or play calling??? the debate rages on
    You are acting like Alex Smith was a flawless QB. No, if we were benching Tom Brady, this would be a stupid move by Harbaugh. But, Alex Smith has had worse games than this game by Kap this year. Alex Smith threw 3 interceptions and had a fumble against the Giants. Alex Smith threw an interception and lost a fumble against the Vikings. The fact is, Kap, even in this loss, made better throws than Alex makes. He also made a huge run Alex wouldn't have made. He also avoided sacks that Alex wouldn't have. There were at least 3-4 drops in this game that proved costly...especially the Delanie Walker drop. The safety wasn't a safety. Kap threw it away. The refs blew the call. People keep saying that Alex would've just taken the sack, but not went into the end zone. Let's say that is true and he went down on the 4 yard line. Who is to say that they wouldn't have blocked the punt and got the safety anyways? Who is to say that they wouldn't have scored a TD with the great field position due to Lee quick kicking it out of the back of the end zone? I don't believe that the 49ers would've won this game with Alex Smith at QB.

vCash
    And the difference is????? I'm still conflicted whether or not it was the right decision to go to Kap or not, you on the other hand are so slanted to kap it's ridiculous
    It's the inflection in it. By saying something is ok, its not good, not bad. But to say it was "only ok" has a negative inflection as in expected better or something along those lines. At least that's to me, if not I apologize.

I'm slanted to the person I perceive gives us the better chance to win. Smith is safe, no risk football. That is not what wins you long term. Smith can surprise a good team here and there, but I don't feel good with him under center, like at any second he could just do something costly. I'm willing to admit Kap has a way to go, but by the time the playoffs are here he gives us vastly more dimensions in our offense than Smith does and its already been shown.

vCash
    I like all the advantages that Kappy gives us but Im not so sure if they are more than the bad things. But then I also remember the Giants game where Smith pretty much gave them the game with his 3 ints. I'm just so pissed that we couldn't beat the ****ing Rams this season. I guess I have to admit that the Rams played us very tough this season.

I admit that Keapernick was not the only reason we lost but he certainly left the door wide open. Akers is ****ing up at the worst possible time. Walker should have made that catch for a td, the game would have been over. Goldson seems to always get a 15 yard penalty at the worst times.

Maybe im just really pissed because I just saw the recording of the game and my anger is still very fresh but Keapernick does deserve a lot of criticism for his performance today.
    Carlos "You Better" Hyde

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeezy View Post
    I like all the advantages that Kappy gives us but Im not so sure if they are more than the bad things. But then I also remember the Giants game where Smith pretty much gave them the game with his 3 ints. I'm just so pissed that we couldn't beat the ****ing Rams this season. I guess I have to admit that the Rams played us very tough this season.

I admit that Keapernick was not the only reason we lost but he certainly left the door wide open. Akers is ****ing up at the worst possible time. Walker should have made that catch for a td, the game would have been over. Goldson seems to always get a 15 yard penalty at the worst times.

Maybe im just really pissed because I just saw the recording of the game and my anger is still very fresh but Keapernick does deserve a lot of criticism for his performance today.
    Kap also played well if you ignore the two plays everyone is talking about (the safety and the pitch). Taking away those 2 plays, Kap completed 67.7% of his passes for 208 yards plus 84 yards rushing...imagine what it would've been had Delanie, Crabtree, and Gore not dropped passes.

vCash
    You are acting like Alex Smith was a flawless QB. No, if we were benching Tom Brady, this would be a stupid move by Harbaugh. But, Alex Smith has had worse games than this game by Kap this year. Alex Smith threw 3 interceptions and had a fumble against the Giants. Alex Smith threw an interception and lost a fumble against the Vikings. The fact is, Kap, even in this loss, made better throws than Alex makes. He also made a huge run Alex wouldn't have made. He also avoided sacks that Alex wouldn't have. There were at least 3-4 drops in this game that proved costly...especially the Delanie Walker drop. The safety wasn't a safety. Kap threw it away. The refs blew the call. People keep saying that Alex would've just taken the sack, but not went into the end zone. Let's say that is true and he went down on the 4 yard line. Who is to say that they wouldn't have blocked the punt and got the safety anyways? Who is to say that they wouldn't have scored a TD with the great field position due to Lee quick kicking it out of the back of the end zone? I don't believe that the 49ers would've won this game with Alex Smith at QB.
    Where do you see I think Smith is flawless???????????I admit I'm still conflicted with the change this late in the season, I would have rather had the change earlier on so Kap could get more experience. If you read my post I am more concerned with the play calling on the offensive side of the ball.

vCash

Bad games are gonna happen, not his best game easily, but people are ready to toss him to the wolves after one bad game. We all knew a bad game was going to happen, it happens no matter who is under center, its just the over-reacting I can't understand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    It's the inflection in it. By saying something is ok, its not good, not bad. But to say it was "only ok" has a negative inflection as in expected better or something along those lines. At least that's to me, if not I apologize.

I'm slanted to the person I perceive gives us the better chance to win. Smith is safe, no risk football. That is not what wins you long term. Smith can surprise a good team here and there, but I don't feel good with him under center, like at any second he could just do something costly. I'm willing to admit Kap has a way to go, but by the time the playoffs are here he gives us vastly more dimensions in our offense than Smith does and its already been shown.
    If you watched the video that is exactly the inflection Maiocco gave to it I don't know how you change the meaning of OK, to me not great, not horrible

vCash
    Where do you see I think Smith is flawless???????????I admit I'm still conflicted with the change this late in the season, I would have rather had the change earlier on so Kap could get more experience. If you read my post I am more concerned with the play calling on the offensive side of the ball.
    Okay, I agree with that part. I don't think it is as huge of a problems as maybe you do, and others do though. I think the game plan for today was bad, but I think that Roman does a good job for the most part. Today, he didn't, but in most other games, I think he does.

vCash
    Kap also played well if you ignore the two plays everyone is talking about (the safety and the pitch). Taking away those 2 plays, Kap completed 67.7% of his passes for 208 yards plus 84 yards rushing...imagine what it would've been had Delanie, Crabtree, and Gore not dropped passes.
    Yes but if you take out those two plays we win the game. See how important those types of plays are?
    Carlos "You Better" Hyde

vCash
    If you watched the video that is exactly the inflection Maiocco gave to it
    I did, and thats not how it came across to me at all. Seemed to me like he was saying he played ok aside from the mistakes as in his throwing was on point, his escaping the pocket was good, etc.

vCash
    If you watched the video that is exactly the inflection Maiocco gave to it I don't know how you change the meaning of OK, to me not great, not horrible
    When I watched the video, I was under the impression that Maiocco thought Kap played good, aside from a few plays.

vCash
    Yes but if you take out those two plays we win the game. See how important those types of plays are?
    Mistakes early aren't as bad as mistakes later. We had a chance to close them out with a 3 point lead and Bradford puts together a quick little drive that ties the game. Now the defense played stoutly all game, but where was it that drive, when we had the momentum? That speaks more to me than anything, last year the defense could make those stops when it mattered (Eagles game fumble, Giants game deflection, etc).

Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast