Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Desean Jackson placed on IR

Just announced via philadelphiaeagles.com that Desean Jackson is out for the remainder of the season with fractured ribs.

This leaves the Eagles offense with a total of 4 starters in the lineup (Havili, Mathis, Celek, Maclin)
    Last edited by c_reinert; 11-27-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    When it rains it pours.

vCash
    oh well come back healthy u turd.

vCash
    DJ has been a waste of money to this team. That money should go to a WR that is over 6'0. He won't go over the middle. He won't return punts. He won't run block. He is good for the 50 yard bomb and thats it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSF View Post
    DJ has been a waste of money to this team. That money should go to a WR that is over 6'0. He won't go over the middle. He won't return punts. He won't run block. He is good for the 50 yard bomb and thats it.
    I dont necessarily believe the size argument, sure. Jackson doesnt like to do those things, but there are short players in the NFL that do (Welker, Steve Smith, Davone Bess, Percy Harvin).

Think its more of a problem seen alot in the NFL recently. Too much emphasis being placed on athletic ability and not intelligence, toughness, technique, talent, production, character etc
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    I dont necessarily believe the size argument, sure. Jackson doesnt like to do those things, but there are short players in the NFL that do (Welker, Steve Smith, Davone Bess, Percy Harvin).

Think its more of a problem seen alot in the NFL recently. Too much emphasis being placed on athletic ability and not intelligence, toughness, technique, talent, production, character etc
    I agree about the emphasis on athletic ability in this league but Jackson was a good second round pick. He is a game changer but he should not be your featured wide receiver.

Their weight of the guys you mentioned compared to Jackson, is a point that has to be emphasized. Most of those guys you named are shorter than Jackson and are still 10 pounds plus heavier than Jackson. They are more durable for that kind of stuff.

Jackson is a good player but he is not an elite wide receiver, If you are not durable, you will not never be an elite receiver. Jackson and Maclin are alright but they are complementary guys, you do not center a pass offense around them. You need guys like Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald for that.

On a side note, I think I know the play where Jackson got hurt. It was in the first quarter and one of the Panthers players jumped on Jackson after he was tackled and I mean he body splashed him. Jackson got up right away so I didn't think much of it at the time but I know that was the play he was hurt.

The eagles offense is not physical enough and that has been the problem the past few years. The Eagles offense is a far cry from where it was where you had Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan anchoring the line. Donovan McNabb 6 foot 2 240 pounds and Terrell Owens.

The Eagles had their run with small and quick in 2010 but the league caught up with them, All you have to do is play physical against the smaller receivers, attack the small Vick by blitzing the smaller o line.

The Eagles need some punishers, whether it is from the tight end spot, wide receiver or runningback. There has to be guys who will punish defenders for trying to tackle them. There is too much flash on this offense and not enough grit. This is evident especially in the smaller window of the red zone.

All in all, it is time to rebuild, Eagles will never win a championship with this especially for an offensive minded team.

The defense is another story all on its own.

vCash
    Better odds of getting a good pick.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    lol some great points.... DJax is not a WR that should be getting paid what hes getting paid bottom line... this next year is his put up or shut up year.... Its th year in which we can cut him after the season with NO TIES...

I still feel getting Dwayne Bowe would solve a lot of problems...

Bowe and Jax split out with Mac slot...

This year has been a tough pill to swallow but still regardless of the injuries lets stop ignoring the fact that our defense is 100% healthy and blows donkey balls...

Wide 9 got exposed....jury is out.

traditional 3-4 or 4-3 ....theres a reason why the wildcat only worked for 1-3 years for the Dolphins or any other team for that matter....too easy to solve.

our LBs are actually not too shabby or a chance and with the occasional blow coverage and trying to learn a very very unique non traditional 4-3 defense.

our CBs are amazing but have 100% ***** the bed

our safeties are GARBAGE plain and simple prob worst 2 safeties in the league...

I dunno man... i think we should be GLAD this happened this year, only thing that pisses me off is Andy will get fired because of stupid coaches he made emotional decisions on to put around himself. Fired because you cant teach stupid... Fired because his family life has a been a roller coaster (RIP Garrett) to say the least....drug addiction is one of the worst things in the world. And for those of you who DONT HAVE CHILDREN im sorry but you really dont have an opinion here... could never imagine losing one of mine regardless if a disease takes them or not..

just ashame, a great coach will more then likely be fired...

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Our QB play gets the brunt of the complaints around here, but think about it, what else can be expected with the WR's they have around them. Our WR unit is awful, plain and simple. Do they have good games, yes, consistently, no.

We need guys who are more than just a big play waiting to happen.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    yo BDawk....what does this sound like to you..... with the proper offseason moves made including cuts and potential restructures the Eagles could be looking at HUGE VOIDS to fill....but also around 60-65 MILLION in CAP SPACE......

paint me that picture...

Dwayne Bowe - Greg Jennings - Wes Welker are very very real possibilities.... and even landing 2 of them posibly... but all we need is 1. again... Bowe and Jackson outside and Maclin slot.... great 3 tandem...

To be quite honest I would not be opposed at ALL to ditching both Jackson and Maclin in a trade of some type and getting Bowe and Jennings and allowing Jennings and D. Johnson be our threats and use Bowe in the slot like NO does does with Colston.

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    yo BDawk....what does this sound like to you..... with the proper offseason moves made including cuts and potential restructures the Eagles could be looking at HUGE VOIDS to fill....but also around 60-65 MILLION in CAP SPACE......

paint me that picture...

Dwayne Bowe - Greg Jennings - Wes Welker are very very real possibilities.... and even landing 2 of them posibly... but all we need is 1. again... Bowe and Jackson outside and Maclin slot.... great 3 tandem...

To be quite honest I would not be opposed at ALL to ditching both Jackson and Maclin in a trade of some type and getting Bowe and Jennings and allowing Jennings and D. Johnson be our threats and use Bowe in the slot like NO does does with Colston.
    You already know how I feel about Bowe. I would be ecstatic. My despise for Desean is at an all time high though, I want him gone.

vCash
    McCoy, DJ, and Vick are all way too small. Bryce showed some good moves. He broke tackles and is very fast. Nice 2 back attack we could have. But our WR's are just little and get killed with bump and run.

vCash
    ^^^ I loathe him to the point where when he makes a big play it borderline pisses me off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 25YrsNcounting View Post
    ^^^ I loathe him to the point where when he makes a big play it borderline pisses me off.
    I know I put it out there before, but I really have tried to bite my tongue this season and hope that him getting paid was the answer.

Vick gets so much blame, but who can blame him with what we give him as a #1 option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I know I put it out there before, but I really have tried to bite my tongue this season and hope that him getting paid was the answer.

Vick gets so much blame, but who can blame him with what we give him as a #1 option.
    Vick has regressed tremendously though. That's why he's constantly getting singled out. Some of it is warranted, some is not. The things that he can control, he's been putrid at. Plain and simple.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast