Thread: O-Line

vCash
    I wish our line could've looked like this:

LT- Veldheer
    LG- Wisniewski
    C - Satele
    RG - Barksdale
    RT- Bruce Campbell

(I know I'm going to get clowned for B.Campbell, but I wish I could've seen more playing time out of him to make a fair analysis- let the battering from Raider Nation begin. HA!).

The left side of the line did a tremendous job last season. Satele, while small for playing center was smart (A characteristic this team currently lacks) and played with heart. The right side of the line had the potential to be punishing, though it lacked brains. (I think we caved early on both Barksdale and Campbell - AT LEAST ON BARKSDALE). It couldn't be much worse, we're currently stuck with Briesel and Barnes, and instead of continuity with the PBS, we now have Knapp and his ZBS.

Gentlemen, we have a lot of work to do. Many will be receiving one way tickets out of town. If you're shocked by the front office's decisions now, wait till the offseason begins. LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Bro we just drafted a G in the 3rd round, who all signs pointed to plug-and-play at RG. I know he's 28, but that's not even old for a linemen. You've got to let players develop.

How can you say that there will be no good centers out of this draft class anyways? Before the 1998 draft, was everyone saying that that class was going to be one of the best classes for centers ever?

Jeremy Newberry, 2nd center taken
    Olin Kreutz, 3rd center drafted
    Matt Birk, 8th center drafted
    Jeff Saturday, undrafted- 13 centers were drafted
    Im just looking @ player evals/big board rankings.
    The kid from SC appears to be the highest rated Center and they are projecting him 3-4th RD before the combine.

In FA there isnt any name that catches the eye so in comparison to some years past I think Center is going to be a difficult "fill".
    If they grade Wiz out well @ center, it would be a tough sell to move him back to guard with the no "blue chipper" to repace him with..If he makes it into Year three @ Center, I would doubt they would consider mopving him after that unless he regresses.

In my Mock I actually have us Taking the Kid from SC...Holmes is his name,in the 3rd round.But in my scenario, I think he gets pushed to Guard.

Ill start mocking for Bergtroms presence when he can get in the game.Right now he has THREE BOZOS to choose from to beat out and they havent given him a chance yet so Im a lttle concerned.
    Last edited by stephkyle7; 11-29-2012 at 08:29 AM.

vCash
    Wiz is fine at center we need two gaurds and a right tackle. Get the gaurd from Bama to replace Carlisle and plug Bergstrom in at RT and Parsons at RG and the line looks better. Either way Bergstrom should fill in RT then we fill the gaurds in the draft.
    Last edited by slvrandblkatack; 11-29-2012 at 01:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    Im just looking @ player evals/big board rankings.
    The kid from SC appears to be the highest rated Center and they are projecting him 3-4th RD before the combine.

In FA there isnt any name that catches the eye so in comparison to some years past I think Center is going to be a difficult "fill".
    If they grade Wiz out well @ center, it would be a tough sell to move him back to guard with the no "blue chipper" to repace him with..If he makes it into Year three @ Center, I would doubt they would consider mopving him after that unless he regresses.

In my Mock I actually have us Taking the Kid from SC...Holmes is his name,in the 3rd round.But in my scenario, I think he gets pushed to Guard.

Ill start mocking for Bergtroms presence when he can get in the game.Right now he has THREE BOZOS to choose from to beat out and they havent given him a chance yet so Im a lttle concerned.
    Well, I think if this team is all about competition and getting better, then we should do more than just sit the underachievers: the depth chart should be fluid at all times to allow for the best players to start.

Just because a rookie is a no-name kid doesn't mean he shouldn't replace Wiz at center because if the rookie is better than Wiz and Wiz is underachieving. Whoever comes here next season and is/has been a center by trade should get a shot to unseat Wiz in camp.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123