Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O-Line

vCash
    My 2013 O-line

LT-Ryan Clady (FA) dump a huge number on this guy and steal him
    LG-Kevin Boothe(FA)hes been here before
    C-Wiz(I prefer him at G, but there are no centers of note in FA this year)
    RG-Kalid Holmes(draft 3rd round,USC) hes their center,he can push wiz and then settle in
    RT-veldheer
    Thats two FA that will cost some $ but boothe wont be as bad as getting clady.

vCash
    A lot of good ideas here. Keep Veldheer at left tackle, Carlisle can go, wiz will do well and improve after having a full year of center under his belt, restructure Brisiels deal and we all know we need a major upgrade at the right tackle spot. Brisiel should do better with strong play from guys around him. Lets not forget the T.E. spot Myers has done well at catching the ball, but the Guy can not block he is a terrible blocker. Either Ausberry or Gordon have to step up or we need to bring in somebody who will.

vCash

Question

In my opinion here's the bottom line: In free agency we must find a solid veteran center or if there is a stud center like the Pouncey bros. in the draft; That is what we must do. That will allow Wiz to go back to the LG position. Next we must find a solid RT, Because Khalif Barnes is a 2nd stringer at best. I thought Willie Smith was actually playing better myself. And do you notice that the return of Khalif Barnes coincides with the down turn in our offense.

Next we must do two things to help our offense: 1)Fire Greg Knapp and 2)Dump the ZBS west coast offense. Mr. Davis is probably turning over in his grave looking at the way his team is performing. Now granted some of this is his fault, Some of it we can lay at the door of Hue Jackson. But this team has really taken 2 steps backward with only minimal change in personnel.

If you look at Cincinnati and the way that offense looked, Now imagine our offense doing some of the same things. Now granted our defense looks like swiss cheese, But still. We didn't have a problem scoring points, Just couldn't stop anybody. Realistically all RM really needed to do was leave the offense alone and if he was going to fire Hue Jackson, Then at least allow Al Saunders to continue as the full time OC. He could have still brought in his own HC and allow that person to re-tool the defense. Since offense was our stronger side of the ball, The should have left it alone and dealt with the defense and actually used the offense to mask some of the flaws with the defense, Much like Green Bay or New Orleans does. The Saints and Packers score so often, so fast that it changes a teams whole game plan. That's the approach we could have had until we rebuilt the defense.
    Last edited by midwestlaker75; 11-27-2012 at 07:06 PM.

vCash
    I think all of the linemen are too large to be zone blockers.
    I'm not an NFL coach, but I would have not changed a thing with the offense this year.

vCash
    I always liked Satele. He was a solid center.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestlaker75 View Post
    In my opinion here's the bottom line: In free agency we must find a solid veteran center or if there is a stud center like the Pouncey bros. in the draft; That is what we must do. That will allow Wiz to go back to the LG position. Next we must find a solid RT, Because Khalif Barnes is a 2nd stringer at best. I thought Willie Smith was actually playing better myself. And do you notice that the return of Khalif Barnes coincides with the down turn in our offense.

Next we must do two things to help our offense: 1)Fire Greg Knapp and 2)Dump the ZBS west coast offense. Mr. Davis is probably turning over in his grave looking at the way his team is performing. Now granted some of this is his fault, Some of it we can lay at the door of Hue Jackson. But this team has really taken 2 steps backward with only minimal change in personnel.

If you look at Cincinnati and the way that offense looked, Now imagine our offense doing some of the same things. Now granted our defense looks like swiss cheese, But still. We didn't have a problem scoring points, Just couldn't stop anybody. Realistically all RM really needed to do was leave the offense alone and if he was going to fire Hue Jackson, Then at least allow Al Saunders to continue as the full time OC. He could have still brought in his own HC and allow that person to re-tool the defense. Since offense was our stronger side of the ball, The should have left it alone and dealt with the defense and actually used the offense to mask some of the flaws with the defense, Much like Green Bay or New Orleans does. The Saints and Packers score so often, so fast that it changes a teams whole game plan. That's the approach we could have had until we rebuilt the defense.
    No good centers available in FA or the Draft...Crazy right?
    thats why i decided that wiz stays at center, by year three, hes going to be locked in so moving him then wouldnt be a good idea.
    That means that we need two guards.
    Kevin Boothe is playing pretty good for the Giants considering he was a P.S. guy for us before we cut him, He should be cost effective.
    Then I was thinking of Drafting one of the best Centers available to play guard, since this draft is very weak,for centers, the guy I identified out of SC.
    would be as good as any one to take a chance on.
    Finally my entire offseason would hinge on a couple of high dollar FA signings.
    Ryan clady is considered one of the best LT in the league.
    Why the Broncos havent extended him is a mystery...I guess they will Franchise him, but I would nake him the highest paid tackle in the league with the longest contract as well.

vCash
    Is anyone in management aware that you decided that Wiz stays at center? Just asking.

vCash
    I sent a memo last night...what you didnt get it?

I would actually prefer him at guard.Outside that, I am just having fun speculating as to how thing might pan out.
    They had the option of keeping him @ guard this year and without any great talent availble in FA or the draft at center i dont see them moving him back next year...do you?
    Or are you another hater that just wants to offer pointless comments suggesting the ruminations of the fans in here are empty...I mean, that is what we do, most of the time...I dont think anyone is delusional to the point of believing that they are actually calling the shots so really....whats your point?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle...hindsight is better than 20/20...This is going to bring us back to the scheme vs talent argument anyways.
    Yes sir

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    I sent a memo last night...what you didnt get it?

I would actually prefer him at guard.Outside that, I am just having fun speculating as to how thing might pan out.
    They had the option of keeping him @ guard this year and without any great talent availble in FA or the draft at center i dont see them moving him back next year...do you?
    Or are you another hater that just wants to offer pointless comments suggesting the ruminations of the fans in here are empty...I mean, that is what we do, most of the time...I dont think anyone is delusional to the point of believing that they are actually calling the shots so really....whats your point?
    Ewwww....when good sense fails bring up the "hater" flag. What I'm suggesting is have some one like your mom or your teacher proofread what you write so you can stop coming off like a pompous @$$.

vCash
    I dont know about you guys...but I feel coming off injury Barnes has played pretty well at Right tackle....better than turnstile smith....but I also noticed that with reece the oline on runs has looked much improved....its the fact we are down by 30 every damn game and when a defense knows you gotta pass any oline can look suspect...let us get a damn lead and run the rock...the oline we have no would not look as bad...i promise you...lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrown76 View Post
    I dont know about you guys...but I feel coming off injury Barnes has played pretty well at Right tackle....better than turnstile smith....but I also noticed that with reece the oline on runs has looked much improved....its the fact we are down by 30 every damn game and when a defense knows you gotta pass any oline can look suspect...let us get a damn lead and run the rock...the oline we have no would not look as bad...i promise you...lol

Nice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider in FL View Post
    Ewwww....when good sense fails bring up the "hater" flag. What I'm suggesting is have some one like your mom or your teacher proofread what you write so you can stop coming off like a pompous @$$.
    that is a common projection people cast.
    Your personal inferiority complex should be left at the door.
    Im almost 50 son, so maybe YOU, should know who your talking to before you make asumptions.

See, rather then just reading without letting your insecurities cloud your judgement, you read attitudes and opinions into what you read ,that are a reflection of who you are,not the poster.

I was explaining to the other poster why i didnt choose to put Wis back at Guard in my scenario when he and I are in agreement that he is a better Guard then center.
    It had nothing to do with reality, or whos job it is, or anything else that you infer into it. Its for fun...Get It?

Its hilarious when people try to take the title of saviour of the forum.If you are irritated by my posts..ignore them,I mean talk about pompous...its your job to interject into conversations other people are having to let a complete stranger know you were irritated by his comment.....Grow up.
    You know 0 about me...dont project your character flaws onto me...now I think barney is starting,,why dont you grab some crackers ,settle in ,and let the grown ups talk....

BTW, just to clarify so you dont bother going down some pointless tangent...By your own admission,you are implying that it is a matter of sentence structure, rather then message.so If I had written...I "prefer". or IMO its better to... would have been a more appropriate message..see what you should ask yourself is ,if you already understood that it was simply a matter of syntax..why does it bother you?

Your not even forming a coherent thought.
    On one hand your suggesting I feel some sense of authority to overrule someone elses thoughts, on the other you are saying its syntax and should be addressed before pressing "save".
    I dont care how it "comes across" to you, or anyone else for that matter, thats your baggage,I hope figure out where to stow it before it gets too heavey.
    Last edited by stephkyle7; 11-28-2012 at 05:01 PM.

vCash
    I don't know about Wiz but Briesel has been absolute bum!!! We should cut him and put Bergstrom into the starting lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    C-Wiz(I prefer him at G, but there are no centers of note in FA this year)
    Bro we just drafted a G in the 3rd round, who all signs pointed to plug-and-play at RG. I know he's 28, but that's not even old for a linemen. You've got to let players develop.

How can you say that there will be no good centers out of this draft class anyways? Before the 1998 draft, was everyone saying that that class was going to be one of the best classes for centers ever?

Jeremy Newberry, 2nd center taken
    Olin Kreutz, 3rd center drafted
    Matt Birk, 8th center drafted
    Jeff Saturday, undrafted- 13 centers were drafted
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast