Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post

Bob Sutton - Assistant Head Coach/LBs coach - he has spent all 13 of his years in the NFL with the Jets and he was HC of Army for 8 years, and led them to their best season @ 10-2 in 1996 and ended up in the top 25 in both college rankings, and won Coach of the Year that year. He was Army's DC for 8 years before that, and was NY Jets DC from 2006 - 2008. He hasn't had a lot to work with for quite a while, and he's taken nobodies like Garrett McIntyre, Josh Muaga, Nick Bellore and made them NFL players, and the only fresh talent he's seen in a long time is Demario Davis - who will be our starting ILB, along with David Harris. For my money - he stays, and maybe should be allowed to have more input in finding players.
    I really hope not. He has made a few plays, but he is only on the field because the other Jets linebackers can hardly move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    You need an Eli Manning QB type before you can start having "Victor Cruz's" or Mario Manningham wr types.
    This is less about defending Sanchez than it is about pointing out how flawed your logic is.
    1. Eli is two spectacular catches away from being called an average QB who can't win the big one.
    2. Eli was worse in his first 4 years than Sanchez has been (yet he won a SB in year 4). Look at his TD's, INT's, fumbles, and Completion % in those years.
    3. Eli still has a knack for turning the ball over in the red zone, even in year #9.
    4. Eli has a career passer rating of 84.
    5. Eli is rated #19 in the league this year, and you use him as your example to bash Sanchez.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Coaching changes that I'd make for next season:

Head coach: Jay Gruden- Has done great with the Bengals offense. Helped with the progression of Andy Dalton.

Offensive coordinator: Hue Jackson- Bad head coach but one of the better offensive minds in the game. Has had success in every offensive assistant position he's been in.

Defensive coordinator: Ron Rivera- He will probably get fired from the Panthers after the season, unfairly. Awesome defensive coordinator though.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    This is less about defending Sanchez than it is about pointing out how flawed your logic is.

Yeah Right Magoo to the rescue.

1. Eli is two spectacular catches away from being called an average QB who can't win the big one.

And we are talking about my logic???? problem with your's is Eli did make those throws. I will agree Eli may or may not be Elite but regardless he is a Very good QB who can win in the clutch even under heavy pressure.
    2. Eli was worse in his first 4 years than Sanchez has been (yet he won a SB in year 4). Look at his TD's, INT's, fumbles, and Completion % in those years.

Worse? even with green bifocals you cant be serious.
      Sanchez first full season produced a 52% 12 Td 20 int 10 fumble 63rtg
      Mannings first full season produced a 52% 24TD 17int 9 fumble 75 RTG

Eli has improved almost every year. Sanchez has not. Its not even close when you look at the stats.

3. Eli still has a knack for turning the ball over in the red zone, even in year #9.

Really? Id say he has more of a knack for winning games on last minute drives.
    4. Eli has a career passer rating of 84.

Man...Has Sanchez even broken 80 RTG yet? or 58%

5. Eli is rated #19 in the league this year, and you use him as your example to bash Sanchez.
    Eli is rated 19
    Sanchez is rated 30th hmmm. See all I was saying is that it takes a good QB to make wr's look good. Sanchez will NEVER make a wr look good.

Eli is best known for clutch throws in the 4th qrtr and SB wins.

Sanchez is best known for bad throws in the redzone and butt fumbles.

How has Fitzgerald looked this year with Skelton and Lindly? Insert a good QB and Fitz is Fitz again.

Ohh BTW cant believe I let you bait me into defending Eli Manning..I hate the Giants. But lets be real If the Jets had Eli Mannng we wouldnt be having these types of debates.
    Last edited by GreenLantern; 11-30-2012 at 08:30 AM.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Eli is rated 19
    Sanchez is rated 30th hmmm. See all I was saying is that it takes a good QB to make wr's look good. Sanchez will NEVER make a wr look good.

How has Fitzgerald looked this year with Skelton and Lindly? Insert a good QB and Fitz is Fitz again.

Ohh BTW cant believe I let you bait me into defending Eli Manning..I hate the Giants. But lets be real If the Jets had Eli Mannng we wouldnt be having these types of debates.
    I know this is a serious debate lol...... but butt fumbles made me laugh out loud seriously....

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonFSU View Post
    I really hope not. He has made a few plays, but he is only on the field because the other Jets linebackers can hardly move.
    Demario Davis has earned his playing time because: 1) Bart Scott is worn out, and add in his "turf toe," and he is a shell f his former self; 2) the kid is the future - many draft evaluators have suggested he was, by far, the Jets best selection.

While I have great hopes for Stephen Hill - he is a ways away from becoming a impact player (he's been a negative impact player, but only a few positive plays, and the negatives have far outweighed the positives - but I have high hopes - how could I not - I was way off on him though - I thought he could come in and be good from the start. It's a good thing I'm not in charge of our drafts - too bad REX is.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Eli is rated 19

You started it by bringing up Eli. When you look at Eli's first 4 seasons, he was as bad as or worse than Sanchez has been.

Yet everyone keeps saying that Sanchez can't improve, and points across the stadium at the elite QB on the Giants. It's ****ing bull ****.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12