Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    If this team can, especially the starting 5 can stay consistent with these stats. They will be able to make the playoffs. The only problem is the bench needs to contribute more! Asik is a freaking beast and he can only get stronger. make that lanky man work out his shoulders a little more and some vice grip exercises he should be getting 15rpg easily!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Devster3 View Post
    If this team can, especially the starting 5 can stay consistent with these stats. They will be able to make the playoffs. The only problem is the bench needs to contribute more! Asik is a freaking beast and he can only get stronger. make that lanky man work out his shoulders a little more and some vice grip exercises he should be getting 15rpg easily!
    I like what the Rockets are doing and thing they are headed in the right direction, but the West is so deep this year that I think it will be very difficult to make the playoffs. The Mavs are going to improve once Dirk returns and we know the Lakers aren't going to miss the playoffs. Looking at the standings right now the only teams that I can see dropping out of the top 8 are Golden State and Utah (and this is not a sure thing as both of those teams can make the playoffs). Only New Orleans and Sacramento are teams that you feel comfortable not making the playoffs. I hope the Rockets make the playoffs, but, right now, I would say it is unlikely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyestx View Post
    I'm looking at Lin's numbers and to be honest, I'm "okay" with what he did tonight.

16 points
    10 assists
    3 Steals
    4 Rebounds

3 Turnovers

For a 2nd year guy with a 'sane' salary, these seem like decent numbers to build from. I'm really used to the "Point" Guard position to be the lead scorer and shot caller, but to be honest, it seems like the roles are reversed here with Harden (which I guess is okay as long as he avoids hero ball).

I heard about the memorial they'll wear after attending Sasha's funeral tomorrow... I wonder if and when K-Mac will return - some folks just seem to cope better by putting their head into their work.
    "OK"? Are you freaking kidding?

You realize that 16/10 are not all star, but ELITE numbers? As in top 5 PG's in the League kind of numbers...

Here's the complete list of players that averaged more than 10 assists per season over the previous 3 seasons.

2011/12
    Rondo 11.9/11.7
    Nash 12.5/10.7

2010/11
    Deron William 15.0/12.8
    Nash 14.7/11.4
    Rondo 10.6/11.2

2009/10
    Nash 16.5/11.0
    Chris Paul 18.7/10.7
    Deron Williams 18.7/10.5

Seriously, if Lin averaged 16/10, he would be a Max contract player, IE, a massive Steal for $8.3M per year.

Really, it seems like there's no shortage of people that have some ridiculous expectations for what Lin needs to do to justify his contract...

vCash
    Jesus some of you guys can really take a response out of context.... have some midol.

In comparison to Harden's insanely high scoring nights, yes, 16 points a night consistantly would be fantastic - which is why I said I'd be okay with them since there's more than enough offense coming from the rest of the roster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12