Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Does bynum have trade value?

Just wanted to make a separate thread from the injury thread.

I wanted to talk about what, if any, trade value andrew bynum has right now.

Is there a team that would give up real value for him ( ie. washingtons first rd pick and nene/okafor).

I think a few people still think another team would still risk a big contract on him next summer, and if so, who are those teams, and what could we potentially get for him? They may think he'll be healthy and want the inside track to re-signing him.

Im still praying he can play by february, and i think id still hang on for the cap room, unless we get a killer offer.

Thoughts?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Did Greg Oden have trade value once he became hurt? How about Yao?

vCash

Dont know if its the same thing tho.

Yao retired.

Oden never got started and never had an all star season.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    This topic is not thread worthy at all

vCash
    It's too hard to say right now because there are so many unknowns. Nobody (except maybe his doctor) really knows the exact injury or injuries he has at this moment. Or the severity of those injuries. Or the timetable for his return. Or if he'll need surgery or not. Bone bruise? Cartilage? Inflammation? Soreness? Everything is completely up in the air.

I would say he has very little trade value right now. Or while considering any value we could receive for him, we would probably pass because it's far below what we gave up to get him in the first place. We'd rather wait and see how he is come the time when he's up for a new contract.

I'm still very much in the wait and see party regarding Bynum. And I'm not even confident at all that he'll play this year. But we went all in for him, and he's the type of young talent that only comes around once every 10+ years or so. I mean look at us. We haven't had a true chance to acquire someone as good as him since Iverson... Which at this point was about 16 years ago. When you get your hands on a player like that, you have to hang onto no matter what, because you never know if you'll get another chance at a player like that. If he misses this year, but has a good shot to be healthy going forward, then hold onto him. If he misses this year and his knees are still totally shot at that point, then you consider letting him walk.

But either way, I'd rather not trade him and have to hope that he never gets healthy.

vCash
    Discomfort.

vCash
    i was wondering the same thing... kindave a wild card

vCash
    Add Content

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Add Content
    would you trade anything for bynum from another teams standpoint? Theres a chance he wont play again this season, he probably wont accept anything but a max offer at the end of the season, and he now has TWO bad knees. Id say hes essentially worth a 20 mil expiring contract... but you never know, there could be suckers out there

vCash
    He's nothing more than a expiring contract

vCash

Im still praying he can play by february, and i think id still hang on for the cap room, unless we get a killer offer.

Thoughts?
    There is no way in hell he'll be healthy by Feb, unfortunately for us. And frankly, I'd much prefer the expiring contract.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash

No, i wouldnt, but most nba gms are very stupid people

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    No, i wouldnt, but most nba gms are very stupid people
    Id say let him expire if he doesn't return this season.. offer him a max one-year contract, and see how he mixes with the team next year.

If he comes back in February, dominates, and takes us to the 2nd/3rd round of the playoffs, we will probably pay him. (still a risk with the knees and could cripple us a year or two down the road, but thats just how the NBA works)

If he comes back this year and we lose 1st round with it looking like his knees are wearing on him, Id try and convince him to go one year deal and if he doesnt want it we let him walk and take the cap space.

If we can get any REAL value for him through a trade this year, than I say we do it... Id love to get a guy like Ibaka bet I'm guessing thats waaaay out of the question. Bynum's knees scare me.. id rather have a safer player who plays hard
    Last edited by SirDJ; 11-28-2012 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Clarification

vCash
    He will be an expirer, but sadly he will probably still get a max offer from somewhere.

Im still very upset about this trade personally. I loved how Vucevic was playing more at the end and Harkless was going to be a solid player. I know Bynum is rare, but still we gave up too much on a question mark.

Vucevic averaging 10 and 8 for the Magic, and Harkless has started 3 games as well. And Iggy is doing his thing for Denver as well. He is leading the team in PPG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Armsz10 View Post
    He will be an expirer, but sadly he will probably still get a max offer from somewhere.

Im still very upset about this trade personally. I loved how Vucevic was playing more at the end and Harkless was going to be a solid player. I know Bynum is rare, but still we gave up too much on a question mark.

Vucevic averaging 10 and 8 for the Magic, and Harkless has started 3 games as well. And Iggy is doing his thing for Denver as well. He is leading the team in PPG.
    Get over it. If you are that upset become a Magic fan or Nugget fan. We're better off without any of those players. None of those players will ever be difference makers for their teams. So sick of people whining about this trade. We got rid of average players and people still complaining about it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast