Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Didn't look like he was trying to outplay D.Will he just sucked plain and simple it was a bad game although I do think he tried to show up Lin.

vCash
    His problem is he had a bad night. He was missing good looks for the most part.

vCash
    I am alarmed that our 2 biggest statement games this year, where the guys admittedly had a huge chip on their shoulder and something to prove, nobody besides Melo shows up.

JR, Novak, Felton, and co. were invisible for the HOU game and last night. Reminds me of the playoff series last year where everyone choked.

These guys need to step it up in big moments. JR and Felton choked this one away. Melo had his 35 and 13 but couldn't hit FT's that would have iced it.

Were not winning jack with a bunch of choke artists.

vCash
    felton needs to learn that he doesn't have to make the assist or hit the shot every single time down the court. it's ok to just move the ball and let others find the crack in the defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010 or Bust View Post
    Problem with Felton pick and rolling with Chandler is that Chandler can only roll to the basket leaving Felton with one play if Chandler isn't open (shoot it, create a shot). If Amare is pick and rolling with Felton many more options and it makes it that much harder on the defense. I chalk this loss up to bad shooting and to much iso ball and we still almost won. If Kidd was playing and Amare was back this would have been an easy W. I still like Felton at the 1, would have liked to see more Sheed at the end of the game.
    I NEED TO SAY NO MORE.
    Knicks and 49ers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by funkybudda View Post
    and Felton is considered "somebody" in your imagination? ROFL.
    he is a Solid pg in the nba for at least 7 years. Lin is nobody

vCash
    Wallace is playing great but Woody is falling in love with him too much. I agree, Tyson and Camby have to be on the floor together.

Stark Industries Presents the New MSG3 Missile
    Target Confirmed: Philadelphia
    Target Status: Terminated

vCash
    yea we had that game in the bag and blew it with bad felton decision causing it to go into OT... we should of never went into OT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bornknick73 View Post
    Wallace is playing great but Woody is falling in love with him too much. I agree, Tyson and Camby have to be on the floor together.
    agree with this... i love wallace but he plays way too much while camby plays like 7 minutes you see him in 1 quarter and thats it you don't see him anymore and chandler is playing way too much he should be getting about 30 to 29 mins

vCash
    at the game and you guys have some good insight but miss things you won't see on TV.

Felton and Smith were horrid.........forcing, forcing and forcing.

I hate Iso , iso and iso Melo, but damn that was all we had and thats it folks but Felton has to feel he has to be the savior the man.......it was ridiculous, and Melo got him twice going to the bench at time outs and Sheed and chandler got on him.

The next problem last night was how we were defending and doubling early to help Ray and you all know the results wide open threes.

Now I will tell you this Knicks rotations were not bad and refs let the Nets get away with murder on the way they screened the corner shooters. We were being held, hooked and shouldered and nothing not one call.

The biggest reason was no Kidd, as soon as it was announced I cringed, and he wasn't even there to help with the bench.

Camby? Ouch, I was all over Woody, wow he got outhustled to the boards and was lost on offense, so much we had three guys ontop of each other, and Kurt also was outboarded badly.

Sheed, just will keep bombing away and on three straight shots they weren't close and put us in a hole.

Back to Ray, lose the floater, do you guys know he leaves from the FT line and nobody on the air ball would have even contended him? There was nobody there, lose the floater its the ugliest shot he has and it kills me to even watch it.

Let us talk about Novak: He comes off the bench and bang Stackhouse never stops touching him, I mean Melo has the ball and Novak is 5 feet beyond the arc and Stackhouse has his left hand on Novak's hip, I mean on his hip, as Novak moves a few steps Stackhouse never stopped touching him and never once got even a foot away from him.

Hence why Chandler scored so much, the court was open, and the follows were there and rolls for jams.

Melo if anyone didn't catch it was exhausted but never stopped encouraging his teammates and was very active in the TO huddles even when he wasn't going in.

Woody turned to Melo in the 3rd and said be prepared your not coming out anymore.

Woody also got all over Felton twice for defensive lapses and JR was always too quick to switch, rather lazy instead of simply getting over the pick on JJ.

Let it be known that I have changed my tune, and if no trades happen we need Amare on the court. Nobody rebounds any way, so lets have option 2 on offense out there to keep teams honest.

I know Kidd would have helped us win, no doubt he hits one three JR or Felton or Sheed missed and no doubt the ball moves better and no doubt those lazy passes into Melo don't get stolen for easy hoops.

But we still need an option 2 out there.

JR I now agree he's just to up and down to be called upon to be anyone's second option.

All that said, we were some tired Melo's FT's away from a win, and a Melo shot from no OT. And with the Knicks missing Kidd, Amare and Shump and Nets at full strength, I'm looking at this like Nets should be ashamed that they should have lost the game with three key players out.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    at the game and you guys have some good insight but miss things you won't see on TV.

Felton and Smith were horrid.........forcing, forcing and forcing.

I hate Iso , iso and iso Melo, but damn that was all we had and thats it folks but Felton has to feel he has to be the savior the man.......it was ridiculous, and Melo got him twice going to the bench at time outs and Sheed and chandler got on him.

The next problem last night was how we were defending and doubling early to help Ray and you all know the results wide open threes.

Now I will tell you this Knicks rotations were not bad and refs let the Nets get away with murder on the way they screened the corner shooters. We were being held, hooked and shouldered and nothing not one call.

The biggest reason was no Kidd, as soon as it was announced I cringed, and he wasn't even there to help with the bench.

Camby? Ouch, I was all over Woody, wow he got outhustled to the boards and was lost on offense, so much we had three guys ontop of each other, and Kurt also was outboarded badly.

Sheed, just will keep bombing away and on three straight shots they weren't close and put us in a hole.

Back to Ray, lose the floater, do you guys know he leaves from the FT line and nobody on the air ball would have even contended him? There was nobody there, lose the floater its the ugliest shot he has and it kills me to even watch it.

Let us talk about Novak: He comes off the bench and bang Stackhouse never stops touching him, I mean Melo has the ball and Novak is 5 feet beyond the arc and Stackhouse has his left hand on Novak's hip, I mean on his hip, as Novak moves a few steps Stackhouse never stopped touching him and never once got even a foot away from him.

Hence why Chandler scored so much, the court was open, and the follows were there and rolls for jams.

Melo if anyone didn't catch it was exhausted but never stopped encouraging his teammates and was very active in the TO huddles even when he wasn't going in.

Woody turned to Melo in the 3rd and said be prepared your not coming out anymore.

Woody also got all over Felton twice for defensive lapses and JR was always too quick to switch, rather lazy instead of simply getting over the pick on JJ.

Let it be known that I have changed my tune, and if no trades happen we need Amare on the court. Nobody rebounds any way, so lets have option 2 on offense out there to keep teams honest.

I know Kidd would have helped us win, no doubt he hits one three JR or Felton or Sheed missed and no doubt the ball moves better and no doubt those lazy passes into Melo don't get stolen for easy hoops.

But we still need an option 2 out there.

JR I now agree he's just to up and down to be called upon to be anyone's second option.

All that said, we were some tired Melo's FT's away from a win, and a Melo shot from no OT. And with the Knicks missing Kidd, Amare and Shump and Nets at full strength, I'm looking at this like Nets should be ashamed that they should have lost the game with three key players out.
    Nice synopsis. I did notice how much contact they got away with. Stackhouse as you said was literally draped all over Novak. Dwill and Wallace were grabbing Melos arm non stop when he was trying to post for the entry pass, they would muscle his arms down and the second Melo extended it back, they would flop instantly trying to get a call. It was pathetic.

Its obvious we need Amare or a second option, I'm still not sold he should start though.

I wish Sheed would take the good ones and leave the bad ones at home. He doesn't need to bomb the three ball every single time its there. Keep the ball moving and find a better shot.

Felton's floater has gotta be the worst in the league. He airballed 2 of them yesterday, and one was a crucial moment that fell about 3 feet short.

Camby was definitely hard to watch. Sloppy as hell on both ends of the court. WTF is up with that dude? Its not the Camby I remember even from last season.

Also, good call with Novak as the reason Tyson had a pick and roll free-for-all. Its hard to notice that type of stuff from the tube but its more obvious in person.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 11-27-2012 at 03:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCSJR2 View Post
    it came down to rebounding...we got whipped on the boards...also, Melo played way too many minutes...his legs were gone on that final shot
    we've been getting beat on the boards all yr. even during win streak.
    Melo did play wAAY too many mts & they were beating him up on top of that
    The Future is Now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by micks4real View Post
    we've been getting beat on the boards all yr. even during win streak.
    Melo did play wAAY too many mts & they were beating him up on top of that
    There are going to be games where your stars play minutes like that. Melo is right where he should be in MPG. We have had plenty of blowouts he got rest. That was the Battle for NY, battle for first place, tight game all the way til the end, and our team has some big injuries.

Any superstar plays close to 50 minutes in that game, especially when your team has the injuries we did and our supporting cast played as poorly as ours did.

vCash

ewing

If you're going to jump on a guy who has played well after a bad game put it in the "you suck" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash

Felton has the pressure on him

He feels he has to win the Game.....Knicks live off the 3 point shot..
    and when they are not making it....everyone suffers...

Knicks are small.....

Its a long season....Camby has a new 3 year contract...
    Kurt Thomas is a statue...

When JR Smith ,,Carmelo...Felton...Chandler...Jason Kidd are on
    top of their games Knicks are tough.....

NBA is for the young..as season wears on knicks will wear out...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast