Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    I think we'll trade Garza. I don't think he'll command an MLB-ready starting pitcher at this point.

I think the shock at the return on Dempster and Maholm shows how much we are overvaluing prospects and undervaluing MLB players, not that we are underestimating trade value in general.
    The second point has nothing at all to do with whether or not they will get arms in return for the trades that they make at the deadline

and with those two points in tandem, your argument comes out at...the depth will be the same because of what I think people will get traded for. Your opinion on this subject is noted, however I will not take it as a fact like you stated it
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Sure it does. The fact that you can get a Vizcaino for a Maholm doesn't mean you are going to get a Delgado for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Sure it does. The fact that you can get a Vizcaino for a Maholm doesn't mean you are going to get a Delgado for him.
    but you can get one for a dempster...I don't see your point. When the ****** pitchers threw most of their games (not counting volstad) was after trades have been made. The fact that the rotation is now Garza-Shark-Wood-Baker-possibly feldman means that there is more depth to it, than when we saw the worst of it last year. They have added depth, from the time that it was at its worst. If you wanna argue that it is no deeper than at the START of last season, so be it. But you can't just say, well people will be traded so it'll be less deep without also taking into consideration what the return is.
    Last edited by gaughan333; 11-28-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    I took into consideration what the return is. Dempster notwithstanding, I don't expect any of the guys we have now to return worthwhile MLB starting pitchers. I expect more prospects.

vCash
    Already posted, but here's the corresponding roster move according to Patrick Mooney:

#Cubs designate Casey Coleman for assignment to make room for Scott Feldman on 40-man roster.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    Already posted, but here's the corresponding roster move according to Patrick Mooney:
    I just happened to be listening to the BN podcast and they were talking about Coleman as a possibility just before I read your post.

vCash
    I can think of a couple of guys on the 40-man I like less than Coleman, but it doesn't really matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Blech. This better not replace a McCarthy or a Marcum and hopefully is instead pitching depth. I don't really like his career DIPS all that much. As depth I like it. As much more...not a fan.
    The potential for this to be as high as 7 mil is very meh. The guy is a 4th starter they are hoping has a good bounce back first half in this league/ division so they can sell mid-high on him come July in a trade. A whatever move really.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789