Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Scott Feldman to sign with Cubs

Scott Feldman is on the verge of signing a one-year deal with the Chicago Cubs
    https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/stat...48711089184769

vCash
    Shouldn't be more than $5 million, maybe even less. Adds depth to the rotation options and if he doesn't make the rotation, can be plugged right into the bullpen easily. So depending on the money which I expect $3-5M for 1 year, I like the move for the Cubs. If he starts I think he is somewhere with an ERA around 4.2-4.5 and if the bullpen somewhere around 3.8-4.1. Good deal.

vCash
    #Cubs and RHP Scott Feldman have agreed to terms on a one-year contract. Feldman has pitched for the #Rangers over the last 8 seasons.
    https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/273450945327816706

vCash
    If he gets more than $5 million, I don't like it as much.

vCash
    Blech. This better not replace a McCarthy or a Marcum and hopefully is instead pitching depth. I don't really like his career DIPS all that much. As depth I like it. As much more...not a fan.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Nice move. Like it better than committing to the bigger name but oft-injured Brandon McCarthy, who is so Hansel right now.

Good arm and an underrated FA. Can give rotation innings and has bullpen experience.

vCash
    This is a very good signing IMO for you guys. He can dominate sometimes, but sometimes he can flat out suck. I always thought he would suit better in the NL. To top it off, he's a very good hitter.

vCash
    #Cubs have signed RHP Scott Feldman to a one-year deal worth $6 million plus $1 million in incentives.
    -Mooney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    -Mooney
    That sure doesn't sound like a depth contract. He got more than Baker.

Sounds like a Garza-Shark-Baker-Feldman-Wood rotation coming.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    That sure doesn't sound like a depth contract. He got more than Baker.

Sounds like a Garza-Shark-Baker-Feldman-Wood rotation coming.

Agreed. You don't sgin a guy for more than $6 millions to be a swingman. Fwiw, and it's not very much, Feldman is best suited to be a swingman. I assume he isn't going to be a late inning reliever.

vCash
    Sounds like or is as it stands on November 27th? His offseason hasn't even really started.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Nice move. Like it better than committing to the bigger name but oft-injured Brandon McCarthy, who is so Hansel right now.

Good arm and an underrated FA. Can give rotation innings and has bullpen experience.
    Because of this, Carlos Villanueva becomes redundant. Still hoping for a Marcum signing, as I still think Garza or Samardzija gets dealt before the season starts.

vCash
    this move doesn't make me happy, but it doesn't make me angry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Sounds like or is as it stands on November 27th? His offseason hasn't even really started.
    Doesn't make much sense to go signing a handful of pitchers like Baker and Feldman to deals that max out around $7-$8m just to have them toil in middle relief, when the one thing we've got, are some MR prospects who are ML ready.

I was fine with one of these types + a better SP. I'm not so certain how excited I am about a few of these guys filling out the rotation. They offer, neither, upside above mid-roation guys nor should they fetch a nice return at the deadline.

They're boring and necessary moves on their own. Together, I find the Baker and Feldman deals to be somewhat redundant.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    I'm not losing sleep over not signing Carlos Villanueva. Feldman's a better version of him anyway.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast