Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Rumor: Yankees Close to Re-Signing Ichiro

RAB has it. According to Nikkan Sports its a 1 year, 5M deal with incentives.

Can't really complain about 1 year - 5M, I just hope this doesn't mean they are done looking for OF help. I'd feel a lot more comfortable if they bring Ichiro in the same situation as they thought they would at the deadline - part time player and if he hits like he did near the end of the season he gets more into a full time role.

vCash
    Nice.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass¨
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Kuroda...check.
    Itchy......check.
    Andy......almost.
    All that is left is Martin.

vCash
    And Mo...
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    Ah, yes... Cant forget about him.

vCash
    Good move resigning Ichiro... IMO he played well for us... I can see him playing well for a full season in the Bronx under his belt...
    New York Yankees
    Dallas Cowboys
    UCONN Huskies Football
    UCONN Huskies MBB
    UCONN Huskies WBB
    Philadelphia 76ers
    New York Knickerbockers

vCash
    FYI. This is just a rumor.

According to Nikkan Sports (translated article), the Yankees have re-signed Ichiro Suzuki to a one-year contract worth $5M plus incentives. Sweeny Murti, however, says it is just a rumor and not a done deal. No offense to the reporters overseas, but I have more trust in the local scribes. That price certainly passes the sniff test though.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    RAB has it. According to Nikkan Sports its a 1 year, 5M deal with incentives.

Can't really complain about 1 year - 5M, I just hope this doesn't mean they are done looking for OF help. I'd feel a lot more comfortable if they bring Ichiro in the same situation as they thought they would at the deadline - part time player and if he hits like he did near the end of the season he gets more into a full time role.
    Exactly how I feel. I'm not sure I trust Ichiro as a full time player at this point in his career. What if his #s revert to those in Seattle the last couple seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    Kuroda...check.
    Itchy......check.
    Andy......almost.
    All that is left is Martin.
    I am satisfied with the current roster....More of the same? Sure, but now we get a full season of Ichy.....Ichy OFFICIALLY became a Yankee in that DH when he went wild!
    Hopefully he avoids the below average play we saw in his first month as a Yankee, it was not that good....

But I will be positive and say Ichy's projection for 2013 will be:

.305 11 47 22 SBs .345 OBA

Gardy, Granderson and Ichy in the OF unless Brian unloads Garnderson's 43 HRs and 190 K's along with terrible plate discipline....
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    FYI. This is just a rumor.

According to Nikkan Sports (translated article), the Yankees have re-signed Ichiro Suzuki to a one-year contract worth $5M plus incentives. Sweeny Murti, however, says it is just a rumor and not a done deal. No offense to the reporters overseas, but I have more trust in the local scribes. That price certainly passes the sniff test though.
    If a rumor then Mo will get signed before Ichy..
    Nick

vCash
    I do not think Cashman is done with the outfield. I think there is a secret trade or signing waiting to happen, and Ichiro will be more of a platoon hitter (remember, he was willing to accept that role before he got traded to us last summer).

I think there will be a right-handed bat heading our way. You heard it here first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    I do not think Cashman is done with the outfield. I think there is a secret trade or signing waiting to happen, and Ichiro will be more of a platoon hitter (remember, he was willing to accept that role before he got traded to us last summer).

I think there will be a right-handed bat heading our way. You heard it here first.
    Could be but Ichiro was our best hitter after his monster DH......Nobody was even close....But I'd rather see a big RH power bat in right....
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    And Mo...
    and swisher
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post

Not exactly going out on a limb are you?

Anyway, you can't really complain about this move. Ichiro is one of my favorite players ever to watch (also the fact that he carries his bat in a case like a guitar is awesome) and while I don't expect a repeat of what he did for us last year (.322/.340/.454), I do expect him to once again post a .300 BA and play good defense.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    1B Texeira
    2B Cano
    SS Jeter (Drew)
    3B A-Rod (Keppinger)
    LF L. Gonzalez
    CF Gardner
    RF J. Upton
    DH Iba˝ez
    C Martin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast