Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Your right, it was false hope. Nonetheless, just a thought...I'm just trying to find a way to improve this team at the PF position. I would love Lamarcus, but Lillard's shine this season has halted that idea. I am not too high on Millsap or Jefferson how is his production against bigger taller Pf/C? What sucks though is a package deal with Paul Gasol and others for Dwill/love may occur since T.Wolves are so high on Gasol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockets_NBA View Post
    Your right, it was false hope. Nonetheless, just a thought...I'm just trying to find a way to improve this team at the PF position. I would love Lamarcus, but Lillard's shine this season has halted that idea. I am not too high on Millsap or Jefferson how is his production against bigger taller Pf/C? What sucks though is a package deal with Paul Gasol and others for Dwill/love may occur since T.Wolves are so high on Gasol.
    Millsap is a beast. He is a must-add. No matter who we get at SF we must sign Millsap to be our PF.
    Last edited by WhiteSoxGod; 12-11-2012 at 07:50 PM.

vCash
    Around how much would his contract be?

vCash
    Around how much would his contract be?
    I would hope we could procure his services for around 4 yrs $46 million. That's an increase of his current $8 million dollar salary to $11.5 million.

The Rockets currently have the lowest team salary in basketball. We definitely have financial flexibility. Of course Harden is due a big raise but we should be able to structure our contracts to add Millsap and another max player. We can then use exceptions and salary tricks to sign JJ Redick as well as 2 other small/min salary players/vets.

vCash
    Asik
    Love
    Parsons
    Harden
    Lin

What a starting 5

Maybe this is why McHale was added on instead of blowing up Sloan's phone before...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    I would hope we could procure his services for around 4 yrs $46 million. That's an increase of his current $8 million dollar salary to $11.5 million.

The Rockets currently have the lowest team salary in basketball. We definitely have financial flexibility. Of course Harden is due a big raise but we should be able to structure our contracts to add Millsap and another max player. We can then use exceptions and salary tricks to sign JJ Redick as well as 2 other small/min salary players/vets.
    That is a solid idea. I like Millsap and Harden in the pick and roll pick and pop situation. In addition, He has a post game that is really undervalued. I was watching some clips of him and he uses his feet really well against bigger and taller defenders, which was my concern. Who would that max player be? Anybody apart of that 2014 FA?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyestx View Post
    Asik
    Love
    Parsons
    Harden
    Lin

What a starting 5

Maybe this is why McHale was added on instead of blowing up Sloan's phone before...
    I was just thinking maybe there could be a four team trade with Raps/Min/Hou/L.A

Key parts
    Raps get cap relief passing off Calderon(expiring) and Bargnani(been playing poorly)
    Lakers get their PF to spread the floor and back up PG
    Rockets get stud in K.Love
    Min finally gets there dream to have Gasol along side Rubio

I wouldn't mind the Millsap idea though. Both scenarios to look at.

vCash
    Millsap is a beast. He is a must-add. No matter who we get at SF we must sign Millsap to be our PF.
    We won't get anyone at SF, Parsons is doing a hell of a job. And you're too high on a 15/8, 28-year old guy.

I'd say he could get a lot more than that. We're talking about McGee getting 44, Lopez getting 48. Millsap could get close to 15 in this league in my opinion. And no we could not add Millspa and another max player. Only Harden, Asik and Lin will make more than 30 million. You add Millsap and you're over 40.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    We won't get anyone at SF, Parsons is doing a hell of a job. And you're too high on a 15/8, 28-year old guy.
    That "15/8, 28-year-old guy" does it in only 31 minutes a game, is extremely efficient and is a huge upgrade from anything we have at PF currently. Over 36 minutes, he's averaging 17.3/9.5/3.0/1.3/1.1 on .461/.478/.713 shooting percentages. You wouldn't want that guy? Because I sure as hell would.

I'd say he could get a lot more than that. We're talking about McGee getting 44, Lopez getting 48. Millsap could get close to 15 in this league in my opinion. And no we could not add Millspa and another max player. Only Harden, Asik and Lin will make more than 30 million. You add Millsap and you're over 40.
    I also think $11.5 million is too low, but I'm not sure $15 million isn't too high. I could see Millsap netting like $13-14 million a year. He's definitely not worth a max contract.

vCash
    I was just thinking maybe there could be a four team trade with Raps/Min/Hou/L.A

Key parts
    Raps get cap relief passing off Calderon(expiring) and Bargnani(been playing poorly)
    Lakers get their PF to spread the floor and back up PG
    Rockets get stud in K.Love
    Min finally gets there dream to have Gasol along side Rubio
    Umm.... But what are the Rockets giving up in this dream scenario? Because it sounds to me like the Rockets get the best piece and give up absolutely nothing in return for it.

vCash
    I'll take Kevin love for nothing....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Umm.... But what are the Rockets giving up in this dream scenario? Because it sounds to me like the Rockets get the best piece and give up absolutely nothing in return for it.
    Lin/Patterson/T.Jones/Picks/Cook/Delfino
    Any type of combination with those players. I would hate to trade Lin, but if we were receiving Love in return then dammit I would make the move.

vCash
    Can we trade our pick?

vCash
    Lin/Patterson/T.Jones/Picks/Cook/Delfino
    Any type of combination with those players. I would hate to trade Lin, but if we were receiving Love in return then dammit I would make the move.
    Yeah, that's not nearly enough. They would almost have to give up Parsons. Also, if it's a straight up deal with Minnesota, they would have no interest whatsoever in Lin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    That "15/8, 28-year-old guy" does it in only 31 minutes a game, is extremely efficient and is a huge upgrade from anything we have at PF currently. Over 36 minutes, he's averaging 17.3/9.5/3.0/1.3/1.1 on .461/.478/.713 shooting percentages. You wouldn't want that guy? Because I sure as hell would.
    But he sure isn't a must-add.

I also think $11.5 million is too low, but I'm not sure $15 million isn't too high. I could see Millsap netting like $13-14 million a year. He's definitely not worth a max contract.
    Keep in mind that his max contarct would be more than 17 million.

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    Can we trade our pick?
    No, we cannot trade our 2013 pick, because we don't have it right now, it belongs to Atlanta (from Brooklin). If we don't make the Playoffs we'll secure the pick for next year, but we can't trade it because we could be without of 1st round picks in 2014, since it could go back to Atlanta.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast