Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    JSmoove as the 3 would be a baaaaaad idea.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    JSmoove as the 3 would be a baaaaaad idea.
    Why? With what we could put around him. Harden, Milsap, Lin, and Asik. He would be fine. We could limit his mistakes and slight inefficiencies.

vCash
    Will he stop taking dumb long range shots? He's been playing for like 9 years now, do you want to sign HIM to a max deal when his athletic ability he relies so much on will start to dwindle?

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Josh Smith is showing attack of rim; this being contract year. Once he gets big contract he will revert to old-self. No rebounds, nothing but outside shooting, disappearing in playoffs. 43% FT shooting ends discussion for me. I would let D12(he brings more game)get away with that; not J Smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    Why? With what we could put around him. Harden, Milsap, Lin, and Asik. He would be fine. We could limit his mistakes and slight inefficiencies.
    Look at that lineup you just mentioned. You've got one halfway decent three-point shooter in that starting five and even he (Harden) hasn't been that consistent from beyond the arc this season. Any good offense needs at least two, preferably three or maybe four decent long range shooters to spread the floor. Otherwise, the lack of spacing makes it harder for your guards to penetrate and for your big men to work in the post.

The only way I'd be fine with Smith at the 3 is if you had a stretch 4 next to him who could hit 3-pointers and/or a better long range shooter at point guard.

vCash
    Jamal Crawford 35% 3pt shooter for career; this season 37%.
    Kevin Martin 38% 3pt career; now shooting 48%.
    Gerald Wallace 32% 3pt career; 37% this year.
    All three now on teams with inside-out games improving %.

Monta Ellis 32% 3pt shot career
    Ben Gordon 41% 3pt shot career; this year 47% from 3's
    Neither guy has had luxury of inside-out game. 18 footers knocked down consistently will open up lanes for Harden.
    ...19 games does not make season; could go on tear or get worse for final 3/4 of season.
    I'm starting to look at 2014-15 free agents. Talent pool limited this offseason.

Delfino career 36% from 3's; now 34% first quarter of season.
    Last edited by Jatman20; 12-09-2012 at 07:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jatman20 View Post
    Jamal Crawford 35% 3pt shooter for career; this season 37%.
    Kevin Martin 38% 3pt career; now shooting 48%.
    Gerald Wallace 32% 3pt career; 37% this year.
    All three now on teams with inside-out games improving %.

Monta Ellis 32% 3pt shot career
    Ben Gordon 41% 3pt shot career; this year 47% from 3's
    Neither guy has had luxury of inside-out game. 18 footers knocked down consistently will open up lanes for Harden.
    ...19 games does not make season; could go on tear or get worse for final 3/4 of season.
    I'm starting to look at 2014-15 free agents. Talent pool limited this offseason.

Delfino career 36% from 3's; now 34% first quarter of season.
    Are you kidding me? Monta Ellis played with David freakin Lee. Lee may not be a great defensive player, but if there's two things he can do it's rebound and score points inside. Inside-outside game has absolutely nothing to do with why Ellis isn't a good 3-point shooter. He just isn't a good perimeter shooter. Not only is he not great from beyond the arc, he only shot 38.7 percent on his long 2s last season. Part of that is his miserable shot selection and his constant need to throw up contested 20-footers early in the shot clock. But even if his shot selection were better, he's not all of a sudden going to make 38 percent of his 3s.

Also, your comparison of Ben Gordon makes literally no sense, because he's one of the best 3-point shooters in the league over the last decade.

Dude, I know you clearly like Monta Ellis, but he fits this team like a square peg in a circular hole. He makes absolutely no sense financially, he doesn't have a place on this roster where he could get a lot of minutes, he doesn't fix the Rockets problems and this team would be like 1 percent better if they added him. There is literally zero chance that Morey has any interest in acquiring Monta Ellis unless he's willing to take a massive paycut or all of a sudden realizes how to play his position better.

vCash
    Like I said, we don't need a Monta Ellis type back up SG. We need a Courtney Lee kinda guy.

We have all these PF's, but none should be starters on a contending team. PG has been the 2nd biggest need on this team(which is weird saying that in Houston). I'd love a starting PG added to the roster so Lin can come off the bench.

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    I would like to see someone to help shore up the D. We are giving up way to many points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Look at that lineup you just mentioned. You've got one halfway decent three-point shooter in that starting five and even he (Harden) hasn't been that consistent from beyond the arc this season. Any good offense needs at least two, preferably three or maybe four decent long range shooters to spread the floor. Otherwise, the lack of spacing makes it harder for your guards to penetrate and for your big men to work in the post.

The only way I'd be fine with Smith at the 3 is if you had a stretch 4 next to him who could hit 3-pointers and/or a better long range shooter at point guard.
    We would have 3-point firepower off the bench. That starting lineup could penetrate, dominate the paint, and get a ton of 2nd chance points. And yes Harden can hot the 3 as a 37% career 3-point shooter.

I mean Josh Smith (16 ppg and 8 rpg) and Paul Millsap (16 ppg and 8 rpg) with Asik would be a killer front court. Size, defense, and athleticism. Josh Smith is top 10 in PER at SF and top 10 in EWA (estimated wins added). I promise you we could make it work with Milsap. I love Parsons but he is better suited for the bench. He would be a6th man of the year.

We need a star at SF, one with the ability to guard guys like Lebron, Carmelo, and Durant. Josh Smith has got the athleticism and speed to both keep up with and dominate guys at the three, while keeping the ability to body-up a four. As far as 3's go, he's knocking down 35 percent of his 3 pointers, while averaging 16.5 ppg.

Defensively he's a monster, putting away two blocks a game and just over a steal while pulling down eight rebounds.

I'm telling you we would be formidable defensively and defense wins championships.

vCash
    So I havent and wont really do much research on this but I saw Sep bring it up in the main forum but what about making a play for Bargnani if they lower their asking price. He's playing terribly this year but he's been a good offensive player in the past. Maybe playing next to a defensive player and rebounder like Asik can help him. If he's extremely inefficient or something sorry but I dont know what any of the advanced stats mean and I'm studying for finals so I dont really even want to look up basic stats

vCash
    Well he averaged 21 a game 2 years ago, 19.5 last year and 16 this year. His shooting % is down by about 4% and he can't/won't rebound. Wouldn''t be as bad when you have Asik killing the boards and Parsons getting 7 a game. We have decent rebounding guards too so he wouldn't be completely exposed out there. Was just a thought, don't think it'll happen or anything, but I figured PatPat can't rebound either...

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    I mean if he's fairly efficient that's what this team really needs. A second option on offense and a better bench and new coach but I feel like he'd actually help us out a fair amount

vCash
    After hearing the news of Kevin Love I'd be all for a package deal that would send him to Houston. I just don't know of a deal that the Wolves would want. Aslong as it doesnt involve Lin/asik/harden/parsons everybody else is tradeable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockets_NBA View Post
    After hearing the news of Kevin Love I'd be all for a package deal that would send him to Houston. I just don't know of a deal that the Wolves would want. Aslong as it doesnt involve Lin/asik/harden/parsons everybody else is tradeable
    C'mon dude. You honestly think they'd deal Kevin Love without getting an amazing player or package in return? If they didn't include Harden, I guarantee they'd ask for Parsons and maybe Asik plus one of the team's young PFs and at least one first round pick. And that might still not be enough.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast