Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Easy to spend other people's money....you want to spend over 40 mil on two players.

Chris Paul...has lob city-just throw it up on 1 side of rim & D. Jordan slams it home, lob it up on other side and Blake Griffin slams it home (both anywhere near rim) when they are surrounded; kick it out to Butler or J Crawford....and now add Billups. Replace Paul for Lin. You don't think he puts up good numbers. D Williams the same....Brooks Lopez-beast near rim, if he is covered then kick out to 1 of best outside shooters Joe Johnson or to Gerald Wallace. Put Lin in that situation of inside-out game. Harden good but not spot shooter-he is a slasher. Lin is not better; but learning in first yr while putting up comparative #'s with lesser team. Rondo plays in a elevator,,,,everyway he turns he bumps into an assist, Pierce,Garnett, Lee, J Terry. When Billups gets into the swing of things look for Pauls assists to go up. Griffin/Jordan good for 2-3 alley oops a piece and Billups will get many open catch and release shoots. During Thunder game announcer says Westbrook and Durant assists up just because of K-Mart catch and release makes. Both Chris Paul and Lin should get 9 assists in their sleep with that Clipper lineup.
    Last edited by Jatman20; 12-07-2012 at 05:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Lol. Your stats make no sense. You're comparing Lin's mediocre numbers to two of the best players at their position in the NBA. I realize you're trying to show how good of a value he is, but he'll never be as good as those guys and his numbers are nowhere as close to them as you might think, especially when you look at scoring efficiency. Right now, Lin is way too timid on offense, his shot needs to come around and he has to be more consistent defensively. I do think he's played much better the last couple of weeks, but let's not pretend he's been some huge bargain for Houston.

Ellis sucks dude. And on this team, he would not solve problems, he would create them. Also, why the hell would the Rockets spend that much money for a sixth man who will hardly ever get minutes at the 2-guard because of Harden? Adding Ellis to this team makes absolutely ZERO sense, because he doesn't fix ANY of the problems the Rockets have. They need more reliable outside shooters (Ellis is awful), they need a more reliable PG (he's not one) and they need an efficient No. 2 scorer (he's one of the least efficient scorers in the NBA). So why spend $12 million a year on Ellis when they could spend that money on someone like Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap who actually solve the Rockets' problems?
    Ellis is getting 18 pts a game with 35 mins. He could come off the bench for mins to spell Lin(PG) then slide over to sub mins for Harden (Lin comes back in). Do the same in 2nd half. Ellis gets some mins a game. Harden gets a break and Lin gets a break game. Morey is a numbers guy and that would be team efficient. The point is all contenders are getting the outside shooter to open things up. Ben Gordon is 13 mil now; and does he play both PG & SG. Again Ellis has never had inside/out game at GS or with Bucks. How do you know he won't fit in with a rockets lineup with Harden or Lin attacking and D12 near rim & Ellis spotting up; or he himself attacking & passing to D12 or kicking out to Parsons.
    Last edited by Jatman20; 12-07-2012 at 04:08 PM.

vCash
    Next year approx numbers: Lin 8.3 mil vs cap, Asik 8.3 vs cap, Harden 13.7, T Jones,Montiejuntas, Parsons, Greg Smith Machado.
    With D12 (22 mil) and Ellis (12 mil). Right at 70 mil.

Left off is Patterson, Douglas,Morris, Royce. ( Aldrich-expiring contract & Delfino team option). Take Ellis out of equation; maybe D12 wants more $ ? Not sure we go for CP3 (currently 17.8 mil) & D12 (currently 19 mil)...you would have to move Lin.
    Don't see it happening.
    Last edited by Jatman20; 12-07-2012 at 05:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jatman20 View Post
    Ellis is getting 18 pts a game with 35 mins. He could come off the bench for mins to spell Lin(PG) then slide over to sub mins for Harden (Lin comes back in). Do the same in 2nd half. Ellis gets some mins a game. Harden gets a break and Lin gets a break game. Morey is a numbers guy and that would be team efficient. The point is all contenders are getting the outside shooter to open things up. Ben Gordon is 13 mil now; and does he play both PG & SG. Again Ellis has never had inside/out game at GS or with Bucks. How do you know he won't fit in with a rockets lineup with Harden or Lin attacking and D12 near rim & Ellis spotting up; or he himself attacking & passing to D12 or kicking out to Parsons.
    Dude. Ellis is not an oustide shooter and he's not going to suddenly become one. He's got a good midrange shot and he can get to the rim, but we already have guys like that with Lin and Harden. We need someone who can hit a 3-pointer when Harden and Lin drive to the basket and kick out. Parsons, Patterson and Delfino have done a pretty good job so far, but I'd like a combo guard with that ability, because Douglas isn't reliable enough.

Also, you're assuming the Rockets will have money for Dwight and Ellis. Don't. That's a lot of money to throw around and the Rockets aren't going to do that lightly. Bottom line, Houston needs a lot of things, but Ellis is none of them. And if you think he's efficient, he's not at all. It takes him 18 shots to get 19 points per game. That's horrendous. And it's not like he contributes enough in other areas to make up for that.

vCash
    I'm not thinking we have the money....thats why I put if D12, accepts 22 mil. Other people here are commenting like we will have 100 mil. Researched Monta Ellis last night... And the SI article disagreed with you. It mentioned how Ellis is struggling this year; but in this off year is still scoring 18 pts/ game. It also mention that he has been a prolific scorer his whole career from near the rim and away. If his past history is any indication, that his current numbers will increase. I agree with the article. I'll stop at that. I will just watch everyone say bad knees Gasol at 19 mil this year and next, starter at PG like CP3 18mil + (not going to happen). Name guys that realistic and whose numbers fit. I gave a rough baseline to go by that gets us at 70 mil. Royce puts us over luxury tax. I don't know if owner Alexander willing to go over 70 mil. It's hard playing GM making everyone happy while making the numbers work !! Some people here seem spoiled. Everyone wants an outside shooter; but are there anymore left and at what price. I have been weighing in on Ben Gordon and Ellis. Ellis brings more versatility and cheaper by about 3mil. Census seems to be shooter (PG or SG) and PF thru trade this yr or free agency. Keep in mind K-mart is shooting close to 50%, not having to be # 1 option. Ellis is co-#1's with Jennings. Less stress being role player. His FG % just might go up. Coming off bench vs backups of other team.
    Last edited by Jatman20; 12-07-2012 at 06:23 PM.

vCash
    Dude.... You're not listening to me. Monta Ellis is not an efficient scorer. It should NEVER take a player on average 18 shots to average 19 points a game. Never. His .393 FG%, .216 3-point % and .472 TS% are all extremely below average. They're not anywhere in the realm of efficient or starter worthy.

His .048 WS/48 isn't any better and his 16.3 PER is just above average. And even though this is an off year, he wasn't much better last season. Monta Ellis makes no sense whatsoever on this team, and I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Also, you really, really need to work on indenting your paragraphs between points. Your posts are really hard to read.

vCash
    Dude.... You're not listening to me. Monta Ellis is not an efficient scorer. It should NEVER take a player on average 18 shots to average 19 points a game. Never. His .393 FG%, .216 3-point % and .472 TS% are all extremely below average. They're not anywhere in the realm of efficient or starter worthy.

His .048 WS/48 isn't any better and his 16.3 PER is just above average. And even though this is an off year, he wasn't much better last season. Monta Ellis makes no sense whatsoever on this team, and I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Also, you really, really need to work on indenting your paragraphs between points. Your posts are really hard to read.
    Exactly Monta Ellis is not efficienct. at SG we have to have efficiency. We need help at the forwards spot. And while he is not terribly efficient I would like to add Josh Smith. He is an 18/9 player and plays great defense. Also He has shown that he can stay within the confines of an offense. Also Paul Milsap. He is a stellar player as well. I mean Defense, rebounding, offense. Then add JJ Redick for shooting and bench depth.

Starters:
    C- Omer Asik
    PF- Paul Milsap
    SF-Josh Smith
    SG- James Harden
    PG- Jeremy Lin

Bench:
    C- Greg Smith
    PF- Patrick Patterson, Donatas Motiejunas
    SF- Chandler Parsons, Carlos Delfino
    SG- JJ Redick
    PG- Toney Douglas, Scott Machado

I think this team could win a title.

vCash
    Not with Josh Smith at SF, I think the Rockets are missing 3 players. A consistent low post threat, another bench scorer because Delfino is the only one im confident who can come off the bench that just can flat out score and a better back up PG, I like Douglas' effort on the defense end but he is to streaky of a shooter.
    Last edited by TMAC94; 12-08-2012 at 05:09 AM.

vCash
    Calderon, Smith should be our targets. Both would be great additions and would greatly improve the team.

vCash
    Monta Ellis shoots 46% FG for his career. Get your facts straight. Look it up. When Harden came to us....I heard the BS that Harden came off the bench vs 2nd stringers while with Thunder. Ellis will come off the bench vs 2nd stringers for us. I'm fine with going D West and Ben Gordon and still have money to keep players we have and give pay raise to Parsons and others. Im watching D West all yr, he has been solid all yr. He beat LA almost single handily in LA. *go to LA thread....their own fans complain Kobe is a ball hog. Too many shots taken.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    Exactly Monta Ellis is not efficienct. at SG we have to have efficiency. We need help at the forwards spot. And while he is not terribly efficient I would like to add Josh Smith. He is an 18/9 player and plays great defense. Also He has shown that he can stay within the confines of an offense. Also Paul Milsap. He is a stellar player as well. I mean Defense, rebounding, offense. Then add JJ Redick for shooting and bench depth.
    Lol. Dude, you can't preach efficiency and then say you want one of the most inefficient big men of the last five years of the NBA. Smith will not help this team much, IMO, especially at SF. I'd much rather keep starting Parsons, who's been an extremely efficient scorer, an excellent rebounder and a solid defender this season. Also, Smith's lack of perimeter shooting is a major liability at the 3. I do agree that Millsap and Redick would be perfect, though, and we could probably afford both of them. Redick would provide the perimeter shooting and consistency off the bench this team lacks and Millsap provides a low post presence and a versatile offensive No. 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jatman20 View Post
    Monta Ellis shoots 46% FG for his career. Get your facts straight. Look it up. When Harden came to us....I heard the BS that Harden came off the bench vs 2nd stringers while with Thunder. Ellis will come off the bench vs 2nd stringers for us. I'm fine with going D West and Ben Gordon and still have money to keep players we have and give pay raise to Parsons and others. Im watching D West all yr, he has been solid all yr. He beat LA almost single handily in LA. *go to LA thread....their own fans complain Kobe is a ball hog. Too many shots taken.
    Do you think I'm making it up? You say "get your facts straight," but I'm pulling those numbers straight off of basketball reference. Your problem is you're looking at career numbers, but this is a "what have you done for me lately" kinda league. And this season and the last, he's been extremely inefficient, shooting less than 43.5% from the floor. Also, his TS% (which combines FG%, 3-point % and FT% to determine scoring efficiency) has only been average or better two seasons in his career. And four of the last five seasons, he's been WELL below average. The problem is he's a horrible outside shooter, he takes way too many perimeter shots and he doesn't get to the line enough to offset that the way guys like Harden and Wade tend to do.

So, basically Monta Ellis is in no way an efficient scorer, and I have no clue why this team should want him. They need outside shooters to spread the floor so that when Lin and Harden penetrate, there's open guys on the outside. Adding another penetrator who can't shoot 3s like Lin makes zero sense. I do like West, though. He's having arguably the best season of his career in Indiana and he's improved a ton this year in terms of rebounding and shot blocking. But he's also 32, so if they added him, their window of success would be much shorter than if they added Jefferson, Millsap or another young PF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asik's better View Post
    Calderon, Smith should be our targets. Both would be great additions and would greatly improve the team.
    I've already said multiple times how I feel about Smith and why he's a bad choice for this squad, but Calderon is an interesting idea. If Lin busts this season and Paul is 100 percent out of the picture, then Calderon immediately could become Plan B at PG. He's a horrible defensive player, but defense at PG is overrated anyway. He's a much better compliment to Harden, because he can run the offense when he needs to or play off the ball and become a deadly 3-point shooter. If they added Calderon, Lin could move into a 6th man role, which may end up suiting his game better, because he could run the offense off the bench against bench units and go crazy.

vCash
    Apparently Harden has started Houston's recruiting process...

In fact, Harden recently told KGOW in Houston that he has already started recruiting some players and trying to sell them on the Rockets. “Of course,” Harden said when asked if it’s on him to recruit players to Houston. “I’ve been starting that recruiting process. One player is not going to win a championship. Nowadays, you need two or maybe more. I’ve definitely started the recruiting process. We need more guys to come over here, so we can win. For right now, we are going to stick with the players we have and try to run with that.” HoopsWorld

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    This is what we have been lacking for years. A player that these guys know and talk to in Harden, a top tier young center(yea I said it) in Asik, an endorsement whore in Lin, AND MONEY TO PAY THEM.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Lol. Dude, you can't preach efficiency and then say you want one of the most inefficient big men of the last five years of the NBA. Smith will not help this team much, IMO, especially at SF. I'd much rather keep starting Parsons, who's been an extremely efficient scorer, an excellent rebounder and a solid defender this season. Also, Smith's lack of perimeter shooting is a major liability at the 3. I do agree that Millsap and Redick would be perfect, though, and we could probably afford both of them. Redick would provide the perimeter shooting and consistency off the bench this team lacks and Millsap provides a low post presence and a versatile offensive No. 2.
    LOL yeah I knew that someone would mention Josh SMith's efficiency problems regarding his shooting. But I even said he is not terribly efficient. BUT his length defense and rebounding would be excellent at the 3. Parsons would be a huge plus comiong off the bench. I love Parson but championship teams need good benches. Within our offense Josh Smith would be great, he would become more efficient as well as we would have other options to shoot. He can play the 3 well because he can defend the 3 well. His offense is good and he is long. I'm telling you im, Milsap, and Redick make the Rockets complete and not overly old or bad in any area.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast