Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Would be nice to get Chris Paul....he currently makes 17.7 mil a year. Clippers will be at 44 mil before trying to sign him in offseason. Don't think Dallas has enough money to sign both Dwight Howard and Chris Paul. I believe Houston and Dallas will be at about the same range. 48 mil. Depends on what we do with Delfino (team option). That could bring us down to about 46 mil. Dallas has same deal with Vince Carter (team option) 3 mil for next year. We would have to trade Lin if we go for Paul. Not sure another team would like his contract setup. 5 mil a year this year and next year allows him to learn. I have said it before. If we had a finisher like Stoudamire. Lin would have 8 to nine assists a game; that's top 6 in the league. Patrick has done better at attacking the rim lately. D Howard would be good because he can do that and play both center and power forward. Asik and Dwight together. Patrick subs for Dwight then Dwight subs for Asik. No need for money spent on backups with those three. Keep Greg Smith (has a low contract) and trade all other centers/PF's. Only problem is hack-a-Dwight. But will we be in close games with Lin, Harden, Parsons, Asik, & D. Howard? Asik and Howard defending the rim? Minimal second chance shots. Other team has to shoot 60%
    or better from the field to beat us. Would like to trade this year for Monta Ellis. Convince him to resign at 11 mil. He can play PG and SG. McHale would be in Heaven with that team. PG Lin/Monta, SG Harden/Monta,
    C Asik/Howard, PF Howard/Greg Smith/Montejuntas, SF Parsons/T Jones (both about 6'9"). Work on that outside shot T Jones.
    Last edited by Jatman20; 12-06-2012 at 08:52 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jatman20 View Post
    Would be nice to get Chris Paul....he currently makes 17.7 mil a year. Clippers will be at 44 mil before trying to sign him in offseason. Don't think Dallas has enough money to sign both Dwight Howard and Chris Paul. I believe Houston and Dallas will be at about the same range. 48 mil. Depends on what we do with Delfino (team option). That could bring us down to about 46 mil. Dallas has same deal with Vince Carter (team option) 3 mil for next year. We would have to trade Lin if we go for Paul. Not sure another team would like his contract setup. 5 mil a year this year and next year allows him to learn. I have said it before. If we had a finisher like Stoudamire. Lin would have 8 to nine assists a game; that's top 6 in the league. Patrick has done better at attacking the rim lately. D Howard would be good because he can do that and play both center and power forward. Asik and Dwight together. Patrick subs for Dwight then Dwight subs for Asik. No need for money spent on backups with those three. Keep Greg Smith (has a low contract) and trade all other centers/PF's. Only problem is hack-a-Dwight. But will we be in close games with Lin, Harden, Parsons, Asik, & D. Howard? Asik and Howard defending the rim? Minimal second chance shots. Other team has to shoot 60%
    or better from the field to beat us. Would like to trade this year for Monta Ellis. Convince him to resign at 11 mil. He can play PG and SG. McHale would be in Heaven with that team. PG Lin/Monta, SG Harden/Monta,
    C Asik/Howard, PF Howard/Greg Smith/Montejuntas, SF Parsons/T Jones (both about 6'9"). Work on that outside shot T Jones.
    Chris Paul or Dwight Howard should definitely be Morey's goal in the offseason if those guys don't re-sign in LA, but I'm not holding my breath for either of them, and I see them as a long shot. But I want absolutely no part of Monta Ellis. He isn't a talented enough ball handler to play PG and he isn't an efficient enough shooter or scorer to be a very good SG. I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole.

The goal should be to upgrade and add a top 25-50 guy at PG, PF or C. I think Harden and Parsons are the only guys who really have their positions locked down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post

The goal should be to upgrade and add a top 25-50 guy at PG, PF or C. I think Harden and Parsons are the only guys who really have their positions locked down.
    And Asik if Morey can't bring Howard.

I'm starting to think we should trade for Gasol, just because I'm afraid Morey is going to make something stupid next year like give more than 15 to a guy like Jefferson, Millsap, or Smith. I think if Morey can't get CP3 or Howard, we should just stay put and work with what we have, Motiejunas, Machado and Jones didn't even play for real this season yet.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    And Asik if Morey can't bring Howard.

I'm starting to think we should trade for Gasol, just because I'm afraid Morey is going to make something stupid next year like give more than 15 to a guy like Jefferson, Millsap, or Smith. I think if Morey can't get CP3 or Howard, we should just stay put and work with what we have, Motiejunas, Machado and Jones didn't even play for real this season yet.
    But the Rockets would have to give up quite a bit to get Gasol. And acquiring him means they won't have money to go after other high profile guys for the next two years. IMO, getting Gasol would be a huge mistake. Assuming he can provide production similar to previous years (he's been awful this season), he'd only be here for a year and a half and his contract is massive. This franchise needs to be thinking long term, not adding aging vets to compete now.

vCash
    Wow, that post was ALL over the place.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Yeah, sorry about that-being all over the place. I didn't want to repost and repost. Saw Monta Ellis last night vs SA. Looked good to me 21 pts 11 Asts ( avg 18 pts/ game this yr). All sharp shooters miss a lot. Joe Johnson, Ray Allen, Jamal Crawford, Courtney Lee, J Terry, Kevin Martin....their purpose now-a-days is to open things up. Kobe/Jordan also shoots/shot 30 times a game (take away dunks & free throws-what FG % and pts do they end with per game-Ellis included). We would have a lot of second chance shots if we had Dwight with Asik. The other team would have far fewer. Ellis dual-position...saves money and roster spot. Ellis has played with no big men in Golden State or Bucks (Bogut never played). Like paying Ellis 6 mil PG duties & 6 mil SG duties(12 mil) Howard 11 mil C duties & 11 mil PF duties(22 mil). Save 2 roster spots. Can't afford both Paul & Howard........ Paul/ 18 mil+....Howard/ 20 mil +..... Teams bidding vs us driving up the cost (Utah,Dallas,Phoenix,Atl,ect.) And 2 guys with 1st names as last names..LoL.
    Last edited by Jatman20; 12-06-2012 at 11:07 PM.

vCash
    People are too critical of Lin: current season ....... 12/06/2012
    Chris Paul : .......16.1 pts//// 9.5 ast //// 2.7 stl /////3.7 rebs ///// 88.6 FT % //////2.3 TO
    Deron Williams:..16.4 pts ////8.8 ast //// 1.1 stl //////3.1 rebs /////83.3 FT %. /////2.9 TO
    Lin: ................. 10.5 pts /// 6.4 ast /////1.9 stl ///// 4.2 rebs //// 81.6 FT % //////2.8 TO
    Only 1.0 assists off from #7 in league now (T Parker/7.3 ast)
    14-16 pts...... 8-9 ast -- ?stl -- ?rebs -- ?FT --?TO.... Top 5 in Ast (my prediction) add Howard & Ellis(Lins 2nd yr as starter)
    Currently ..... Paul $17.8 mil. /// D Williams. $17.2 mil. ////// Lin. $5 mil. or 8 mil vs cap.
    Howard good for about 3 alley oops /game with Lin attacking rim from FT line...lane opens more for Lin. Will give Lin about 3 more assists & 3 more baskets/game. And yes, *TO's low(Harden handling the ball some).
    Last edited by Jatman20; 12-06-2012 at 10:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    But the Rockets would have to give up quite a bit to get Gasol. And acquiring him means they won't have money to go after other high profile guys for the next two years. IMO, getting Gasol would be a huge mistake. Assuming he can provide production similar to previous years (he's been awful this season), he'd only be here for a year and a half and his contract is massive. This franchise needs to be thinking long term, not adding aging vets to compete now.
    Just next year, Gasol's contract ends in 2014. And I think it woudn't take too much for Gasol. I think the Rockets have a strong chance to be in the playoffs this season, which would take away our first round pick, so I don't see the problem in getting a guy like Gasol now.

But the main reason I said Gasol is because I'm afraid Morey will do something stupid this season and offer a long-term with max money to the availble FAs.

vCash
    i want no part of dwight in the offseason. hes too immature and not good for a young team trying to grow together. paul would be a wet dream and a half.

gasol's value is dropping everyday and the news on his knees isnt helping. also read on hoopshype that harden has started the recruiting campaign for houston. awesome news. asik, harden and pasrons is a pretty nice core. i could roll with that and an addtion in the offseason without giving up anybody this year in a trade.

vCash
    Chris Paul : .......16.1 pts//// 9.5 ast //// 2.7 stl /////3.7 rebs ///// 88.6 FT % //////2.3 TO
    Deron Williams:..16.4 pts ////8.8 ast //// 1.1 stl //////3.1 rebs /////83.3 FT %. /////2.9 TO
    Lin: ................. 10.5 pts /// 6.4 ast /////1.9 stl ///// 4.2 rebs //// 81.6 FT % //////2.8 TO
    14-16 pts...... 8-9 ast -- ?stl -- ?rebs -- ?FT --?TO.... Top 5 in Ast (my prediction) add Howard & Ellis(Lins 2nd yr as starter)
    Currently ..... Paul $17.8 mil. /// D Williams. $17.2 mil. ////// Lin. $5 mil. or 8 mil vs cap.
    Howard good for about 3 alley oops /game with Lin attacking rim from FT line...lane opens more for Lin. Will give Lin about 3 more assists & 3 more baskets/game. And yes, *TO's low(Harden handling the ball some).
    this is kind of where stats dont tell the whole truth. lin has decent looking numbers for the year but theres a reason douglass is in at the end of games currently. if youre watching the games, you should be able to tell that lins style of play kills momentum and ends in him driving the lane 2 to 3 ft and then just dishing out to the perimeter. i was never happy about his signing but warmed up to him a little during the 5th or 6th game but hes just made it very clear why i was never high on him. the best part about his game is his defense and thats not worth a starting pg position in this league.

vCash
    Yoa Ming promoting Lin in China....D12....billion people in China....Commercial deals.....Big TV contract.....Buku Bucks. Lin is starting point guard...deal with it. Ellis solves problem at end of games. Whatever problem the the guard has on defense ( K-mart, J Crawford, Joe Johnson, Ben Gordon). Dwight and Asik will help. Kind of like channeling the players into the teeth of our defense. McHale could go all big or go all small during games. Montejuntas to guard the Bargnani's of the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nacdaddy View Post
    i want no part of dwight in the offseason. hes too immature and not good for a young team trying to grow together. paul would be a wet dream and a half.

gasol's value is dropping everyday and the news on his knees isnt helping. also read on hoopshype that harden has started the recruiting campaign for houston. awesome news. asik, harden and pasrons is a pretty nice core. i could roll with that and an addtion in the offseason without giving up anybody this year in a trade.
    Just imagine for like 5 minutes Harden and Howard playing together. If you don't change your mind there's something wrong with you. We're talking about the best center in the league, I know he is too immature, but with him this team woudn't be a young team trying to grow together, it would be a contending team ready to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Just next year, Gasol's contract ends in 2014. And I think it woudn't take too much for Gasol. I think the Rockets have a strong chance to be in the playoffs this season, which would take away our first round pick, so I don't see the problem in getting a guy like Gasol now.

But the main reason I said Gasol is because I'm afraid Morey will do something stupid this season and offer a long-term with max money to the availble FAs.
    I know when his contract ends. I was referring to the remainder of this season and next year. But I think you're missing the point with Gasol. The Rockets don't need to be adding 32-year-old aging vets. And just to get him, they'll have to give up valuable pieces in the process. I'd rather see them finish this season out with the young guys they have and make a decision on whether to add guys through trade or free agency in the offseason.

As far as Morey making max contracts to unworthy players, he has offered one max contract since coming to Houston and that was to a guy who deserved it in James Harden. For the most part, Morey has never overpaid to get or keep free agents.

vCash
    Lol. Your stats make no sense. You're comparing Lin's mediocre numbers to two of the best players at their position in the NBA. I realize you're trying to show how good of a value he is, but he'll never be as good as those guys and his numbers are nowhere as close to them as you might think, especially when you look at scoring efficiency. Right now, Lin is way too timid on offense, his shot needs to come around and he has to be more consistent defensively. I do think he's played much better the last couple of weeks, but let's not pretend he's been some huge bargain for Houston.
    Yoa Ming promoting Lin in China....D12....billion people in China....Commercial deals.....Big TV contract.....Buku Bucks. Lin is starting point guard...deal with it. Ellis solves problem at end of games. Whatever problem the the guard has on defense ( K-mart, J Crawford, Joe Johnson, Ben Gordon). Dwight and Asik will help. Kind of like channeling the players into the teeth of our defense. McHale could go all big or go all small during games. Montejuntas to guard the Bargnani's of the world.
    Ellis sucks dude. And on this team, he would not solve problems, he would create them. Also, why the hell would the Rockets spend that much money for a sixth man who will hardly ever get minutes at the 2-guard because of Harden? Adding Ellis to this team makes absolutely ZERO sense, because he doesn't fix ANY of the problems the Rockets have. They need more reliable outside shooters (Ellis is awful), they need a more reliable PG (he's not one) and they need an efficient No. 2 scorer (he's one of the least efficient scorers in the NBA). So why spend $12 million a year on Ellis when they could spend that money on someone like Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap who actually solve the Rockets' problems?

vCash
    It's a no brainer.

IF Morey can get Paul or Dwight, Lin and Asik become expendable. Nothing shocking about that. Whenever you can get a top 3 player for their position, you do anything you can within reason.

However, the chances of getting Paul are slim. The same applies to Dwight. And once you get past those two, the pickings in FA in terms of PGs and Centers become thin indeed.

PF is the most likely spot in terms of an immediate upgrade, especially if you're looking for a younger PF.

And I think adding a player as old as Pau Gasol would be a mistake. Not only would the Lakers ask for the moon, but he's only good for a couple of years. In other words, he's a $19M player on the decline just as Houston will be hitting their prime.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast