Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BenFrank View Post
    I can't lie, i had something against the guy after the offseason, but that was all before we had Lin and Harden, with us having the bird rights, and Harden here I think he resigns.. He would be the number 1 option since we want someone who can score downlow

Nope didn't kno RGV picked up Whiteside, that's news to my ears
    yeah but thats the problem. he cant score down low. he has 1 low block move and thats the hook turning into the middle and even thats inconsistent as hell. i personally think hes overrated as hell

vCash
    hmmm.. has he worked with the Dream yet?

vCash
    yup and he still looks like a donkey with the ball

vCash
    Okay.

I have made my Love love readily apparent on this board and others for some time now. With the roster we presently have I feel that Kevin Love is the perfect fit at the 4... the only trouble is how to acquire him. Well his recent tif with management and his second injury of the season (to the same hand) has brought down his likely trade return a bit but not much... he is still going to cost some major pieces in return.

This is where the Memphis Grizzlies come in... Rudy Gay is on the market, the Griz are supposedly looking for salary relief and perhaps a pick of some sort in exchange for him.

The bones of the trade are of course R.Gay to Minnesota and K.Love to Houston... the Rockets would only have to send out 6.7 million dollars in contracts to make this deal work due to their current status under the cap meaning we could certainly meet the Grizzlies desire for salary relief... it might be safe to assume that a couple other deals would have to be swung dealing for a pick or two to include in this deal but for Morey convoluted trades are no real problem.

vCash
    it's not only Gay that is on the market, Z-Bo seem to be in play also.

should we go after him now to solidify this team and contend in the west this year?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...-zach-randolph
    CALVIN ABUEVA

BEAST MODE: ON

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nacdaddy View Post
    we did. it makes a little sense since hes 6'10 and can shoot the 3. he can also run the floor a little bit. maybe morey wants to bring him in as a stretch 4 but he mainly played at the 3 spot. imho, hes a scrub.
    But someone would have to be cut. It won't be White so soon. So it would probably be Aldrich and I like that guy, I don't think it would be a great idea to carry just Asik and Smith as center for the rest of the season.

And we don't really need a stretch 4 as we already have Morris and Patterson who could do that, and with Parsons, Delfino and the just-signed James Anderson we don't need any SFs.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal slumber View Post
    it's not only Gay that is on the market, Z-Bo seem to be in play also.

should we go after him now to solidify this team and contend in the west this year?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...-zach-randolph
    I don't buy those trade rumors. It makes absolutely no sense trading Randolph, it doesn't even make much sense trading Gay right now. They are playing well. They're still 22-10, only 3 and a half games below the Clippers.

But if they are able to trade him and it didn't cost too much, if they're just looking for cap relief, I'd give it a look, even though he's 31 and making almost 17 million a year.

L
    et's be clear about this. Trading ZBo would be disastrous for the franchise. He's the most popular player in team history. He is their best player. He led the only playoff series win in team history. He identifies with the city and embodies the culture that the team has tried to develop. He's been an on-floor leader and a friend to fellow big man Marc Gasol. Trading him would set the franchise back in way more ways than just points and rebounds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    I don't buy those trade rumors. It makes absolutely no sense trading Randolph, it doesn't even make much sense trading Gay right now. They are playing well. They're still 22-10, only 3 and a half games below the Clippers.
    Trading Gay makes tons of sense. He's an inefficient chucker who Hollinger has always loathed and his contract is awful. I agree with you on Randolph, though. I don't understand why they would want to break up the best frontcourt in basketball.

vCash
    So I hear Z-Bo is on the block

Would anyone else be keen on a PatPat, Royce White, Aldrich, T Jones, + Picks package for him? (we would then need to absorb his contract, which would take away our flexibility and mean our next big move's would be to pick next years option on Delfino, Parsons, and Smith. However:

Lin / Douglas
    Harden / Delfino
    Parsons / Delfino / Morris
    Zbo / Morris / Dmo
    Asik / Smith

Most likely just a pipe dream (as we just don't have a big contract to make the money work).

still, if we could....
    C: Asik PF: PatPat SF: Parsons SG: Harden PG: Lin

vCash
    You don't have to trade a big contract for a big contract if you have the cap space to absorb the salary.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    As good as ZBo is he is still one of those players that worry me. Is he gonna stay motivated?

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegame187 View Post
    So I hear Z-Bo is on the block

Would anyone else be keen on a PatPat, Royce White, Aldrich, T Jones, + Picks package for him? (we would then need to absorb his contract, which would take away our flexibility and mean our next big move's would be to pick next years option on Delfino, Parsons, and Smith. However:

Lin / Douglas
    Harden / Delfino
    Parsons / Delfino / Morris
    Zbo / Morris / Dmo
    Asik / Smith

Most likely just a pipe dream (as we just don't have a big contract to make the money work).

still, if we could....
    Memphis would hang off the phone if Morey offered that. We don't even have draft picks to trade in the next two years. And White's value right now is around nothing.

vCash
    Chad Ford: Yes. I would put them up there with the Rockets, Grizzlies and Lakers as the most active teams right now. I'd be shocked if they didn't get something done. May or may not include Rondo, but the Celtics are looking for a youngish player to fill out their front line. ESPN.com

Chad Ford: Is Houston going to be active in the trade market as the deadline nears? Chad Ford (1:17 PM): Hearing yes in a major way. They like their backcourt and feel that they are set at the five. Upgrading the 4 looks like the biggest priority ... but could also look to upgrade at the 3 (though Chandler Parsons is having a good season). Rockets still have a number of young assets to offer. ESPN.com

Chad Ford: I fully expect that by the start of next season Granger will be wearing a different jersey. The challenge right now is how to bring him back, prove to teams he's still a pseudo-All-Star so that his trade value is high, and not disrupt what's happening in Indy. George is the future of the franchise and Granger's absence has given him the opportunity to emerge. They can't mess with that. But they don't want to sell Granger for pennies on the dollar. Lots of veteran teams would be interested in him if they are comfortable that he can stay healthy. Look for Golden State, Toronto, Houston, Dallas to all pursue. ESPN.com

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Hell no on Granger.

vCash
    I would be happy with Granger (If healthy)

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast