Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 274
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BSardogan View Post
    Lol, you're talking about him like he's some kind of once in a generation superstar. There are tons of players like Aldridge, too. Millsap for instance may not be as good as him in certain aspects, but he's pretty damn close to being just as good, and getting him would keep our roster intact.

    Plus the fact that we have several players on our roster who have the potential to be on his level just a few years from now (and come on now, it's not like we're contending any time soon so why not grow them)

    And again, why trade so many valuable assets and settle for freaking Aldridge when it's not even likely we'll make it past the 2nd round with him? It's not like he's the one missing piece that will put us over the top unless we get a star SF along with him.
    he's not "once in a generation" superstar, but he definitely is a superstar. and along side Lin, Harden, and Asik....he can most definitely be that missing piece that will put us over the top. we won't need a star SF next to him.

    and dude...no player on our team have the potential to play at his level. see what i'm talking about with yall overrating our players? our young players are great no doubt but NONE OF THEM have STAR potential. ALL of them have good role player potential but a star they are not. one thing about Morey...if you look at his history...is that he's REALLY good at spotting talent that everyone else overlooked but none of those talent have ever become anything more than good role players. it's true in the past and it's true today.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

    I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,366
    vCash
    1500
    Parsons is the only player apart from Harden and Asik that I wouldn't trade.

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    That must be a joke. That's just ridiculous. Tell me, please, who could we get that does the same thing, and at the same level Parsons does.


    If you think Delfino could easily replace Parsons, you don't watch NBA games. I mean, all Delfino can do is shoot the ball. And I'm not even talk about White, who will probably never wear a Rockets' jersey.

    And you're using the worst example ever. You're talking about a team with Durant and Westbrook, where Harden was a third option off the bench. Parsons is our second option right now.
    dude...our team's ceiling will be extremely low of Parson's really our 2nd option. thank god he's not. as i said before...the only reason why he's our 2nd option right now is because no one else is stepping up. he's that mediocre player that looks like a gem on a bad team. Lin is our TRUE second guy. our team will only be as good as Lin's level of play. it's not coincidence that our recent winning streak coincided with Lin's improved play.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

    I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    422
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    he's not "once in a generation" superstar, but he definitely is a superstar. and along side Lin, Harden, and Asik....he can most definitely be that missing piece that will put us over the top. we won't need a star SF next to him.

    and dude...no player on our team have the potential to play at his level. see what i'm talking about with yall overrating our players? our young players are great no doubt but NONE OF THEM have STAR potential. ALL of them have good role player potential but a star they are not. one thing about Morey...if you look at his history...is that he's REALLY good at spotting talent that everyone else overlooked but none of those talent have ever become anything more than good role players. it's true in the past and it's true today.
    Wow, Aldridge a superstar? You mean you'd put him right up there with guys like LeBron and Durant? I don't know what to say about that, other than 'why the hell would Portland trade a superstar for a guy that you can replace with a dime in a dozen player and some fillers'....

    You see us winning with championships with Lin, Harden & Aldridge, I'm sorry but I just don't.

    You're also overlooking a whole paragraph I wrote about other options such as Millsap. It's not like there's that much of a difference between the two except for Aldridge's range and the fact that Millsap is going to be a free agent next year so he's up for grabs. I don't see why you're so determined that Aldridge is the answer. What's wrong with this team + Millsap?

    Terrence Jones and Donatas Motiejunas definately have star potential. At the very least they have potential to be at Aldridge's level, who in your eyes is a freaking superstar... This is not really something that you can have a real discussion about so I'll just leave it at that. You think they don't, I think they do. However, your argumentation is really weak. So Morey never hit the jackpot with bunch of late lottery picks, therefore no one he will ever pick is going to pan out?


    Oh to be a Gooner...

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    BRAZIL
    Posts
    4,939
    vCash
    1500
    Do you really think Aldridge is a superstar? And Parsons could easily become a 20-point guy playing solid defense in the league.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BSardogan View Post
    Wow, Aldridge a superstar? You mean you'd put him right up there with guys like LeBron and Durant? I don't know what to say about that, other than 'why the hell would Portland trade a superstar for a guy that you can replace with a dime in a dozen player and some fillers'....

    You see us winning with championships with Lin, Harden & Aldridge, I'm sorry but I just don't.

    You're also overlooking a whole paragraph I wrote about other options such as Millsap. It's not like there's that much of a difference between the two except for Aldridge's range and the fact that Millsap is going to be a free agent next year so he's up for grabs. I don't see why you're so determined that Aldridge is the answer. What's wrong with this team + Millsap?

    Terrence Jones and Donatas Motiejunas definately have star potential. At the very least they have potential to be at Aldridge's level, who in your eyes is a freaking superstar... This is not really something that you can have a real discussion about so I'll just leave it at that. You think they don't, I think they do. However, your argumentation is really weak. So Morey never hit the jackpot with bunch of late lottery picks, therefore no one he will ever pick is going to pan out?
    Aldridge is a superstar...not on the level of Lebron and Durant but he's a superstar because he's one of the league's 3 best PFs alongside Love and Griffin. you can throw in Gasol and Bosh in this mix too but neither of them are playing at the level Love, Griffin, and Aldridge is playing at. and there is a BIG GIGANTIC HUMONGOUS difference between Milsap and Aldridge. One is averaging 21 ppg and the other one is averaging 14 ppg...you tell me what the difference is. and Milsap is 27 already. he's already in his prime. he's not going to get any better.

    and NO player on our team has potential to be as good as Aldridge. again with the overrating they be lucky if they can reach Millsap's level...much less Aldridge.

    and hell yea i see us winning with Lin (once he reaches his potential), Harden (already the 2nd best SG in the league), Aldridge (one of the league's 3 best PFs), and Asik

    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Do you really think Aldridge is a superstar? And Parsons could easily become a 20-point guy playing solid defense in the league.
    you know how hard it is to be a 20 pts guy in the league? Parsons is not going to be one of them. you THINK he will because he's playing well and he's young (part of the reason why you're overrating him) but he's not. i will go even as far as saying that he has reached his potential already. why do i say that? because he lacks ONE ability...the ability to create for himself. he can dunk...he can shoot...he can defend...but he can't create for himself. and this ability to create of oneself is something that's really hard to learn. i can't think of a player that came into the league not being able to create a for himself but gained that ability later on in his career and became a star. Parsons is nothing more than a Chase Budinger who's longer and knows how to play defense.
    Last edited by FOBolous; 12-27-2012 at 03:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

    I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Conroe, TX
    Posts
    23,198
    vCash
    2502
    This has been an interesting discussion to read and I actually agree with both sides of the argument. First off, I love Chandler Parsons, but he's not anywhere close to a player of Aldridge's caliber, who is probably a top 5 player at his position and a perennial all-star. Aldridge provides exactly what this team needs in terms of a big man who can stretch the floor, rebound and defend the paint at the 4.

    However, I also think trading Parsons is a mistake. I don't think he'll ever be an all-star, but I do think he's going to be a 15/5/5 type guy for a long time and the Rockets need to stop setting the precedent of trading fan favorites the second the city falls in love with them. That's not how you build up a franchise or how you win over your city's fan base.

    Personally, I would not deal Parsons for Aldridge unless it meant the Rockets weren't giving up too much else in the process and they felt extremely comfortable with Morris or someone else at SF. Or if it was the only way they could get someone of Aldridge's caliber.


  8. #203
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Conroe, TX
    Posts
    23,198
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Durant, LeBron, Anthony, Batum, Pierce, Deng, maybe Gay and who else is better than Parsons?
    Paul George is better right now and you could make a case for Kirilenko, Galinari and maybe Marion or Wallace. But no matter how you look at it, he's in that third tier behind the superstars and the stars at the position. I love Parsons, but his ceiling is maybe a No. 3 on a contender. And he has to become far more consistent before he reaches that level.

    He ain't no role player anymore dog. He is our second guy right now behind Harden. He has the potential to be a 20-point guy in this league.
    I agree he's better than a role player, but 20 a game is a stretch. There are only 10 guys in the league doing that right now. And as Fob said, he's our No. 2 out of necessity, not necessarily based on talent.


  9. #204
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Paul George is better right now and you could make a case for Kirilenko, Galinari and maybe Marion or Wallace. But no matter how you look at it, he's in that third tier behind the superstars and the stars at the position. I love Parsons, but his ceiling is maybe a No. 3 on a contender. And he has to become far more consistent before he reaches that level.


    I agree he's better than a role player, but 20 a game is a stretch. There are only 10 guys in the league doing that right now. And as Fob said, he's our No. 2 out of necessity, not necessarily based on talent.
    i would add Andre Iguodala to the list also. either way, none of us have control over what happened. all our bickering really doesn't matter in the end. we have to wait and see what Morey has planned.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

    I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,366
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think he could put up 20 a game but I think Chandler could continue putting up 15 a game as the 3rd option behind harden and hopefully a PF who can score, him and Lin could share being the 3rd option.

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Conroe, TX
    Posts
    23,198
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    i would add Andre Iguodala to the list also. either way, none of us have control over what happened. all our bickering really doesn't matter in the end. we have to wait and see what Morey has planned.
    I was going to include Iggy, but technically he's been playing more SG this season than SF. If you count him as a SF, I think Iggy would be ahead of Parsons without a doubt.


  12. #207
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    There
    Posts
    8,227
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    1. They wouldn't take Parsons as they already have Batum and Matthews and they would have no big men other than Hickson.
    Except Matthews sucks and the whole point of trading with Houston presumably would be to acquire some mixture of cap relief, picks and front-court players.

    A lineup of: Lillard, Batum, Parson, (whichever pf(s) the Rockets send us) and Meyers looks pretty darn good for a rebuilding team.

    2. Are you ****ing crazy? Parsons has been a top-7 SF this year, at least. You must be crazy if you think Parsons is easily replaceable. If anything it's the other way around, with Millsap, Jefferson and Smith being FAs next year, and guys like Gasol and Cousins probably in the market, it's a lot easier to find good PFs than good SFs in the league.
    Milsap is overrated, Jefferson has just lost the whole "blackhole" label, Smith has the IQ of a fruit-rollup and Gasol just sucks. Cousins is interesting from a potential standpoint but Aldridge has already proven capable of functioning as a first and second option. Parson also isn't a top 7 Sf.

    It's amazing how Parsons is underrated. I mean he does it all, and fits perfectly in the system. He runs, he can rebound and pass, plays solid defense and he has been our best 3pt shooter this year. And all this making less than a million a year.
    His relatively low value is a plus for a team like Portland because his contract wouldn't eat up all of our capspace however it isn't like Morey can't draft a similar player, isn't he supposed to be a drafting genius?


    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    422
    vCash
    1500
    Okay, so, I know this ain't happening so don't burn me for this, but how awesome would this trade be for us:

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=blzu8cv


    Yeah, they're getting a bunch of roleplayers and rookies, but hey, at least they're young.

    AND, Hollinger projects a +3 win total for them, that might be the decisive factor here lol.


    Oh to be a Gooner...

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    9,565
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BSardogan View Post
    Okay, so, I know this ain't happening so don't burn me for this, but how awesome would this trade be for us:

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=blzu8cv


    Yeah, they're getting a bunch of roleplayers and rookies, but hey, at least they're young.

    AND, Hollinger projects a +3 win total for them, that might be the decisive factor here lol.
    That's a -3 win projection from them.
    2014 PSD 7 RD NFL MOCK DRAFT
    TEXANS GM- WHITESOXGOD
    1st rd- Jadaveon Clowney, LB/DE, South Carolina
    1st rd (via trade)- Johnny Manziel, QB, TX A&M
    3rd rd- DaQuan Jones, NT, Penn State
    4th rd- Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    5th rd- Jon Halapio, OG, THE University of Florida
    5th rd (via trade)- Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma
    6th rd- Colt Lyerla, TE, Oregon

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    422
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    That's a -3 win projection from them.
    Yeah wait you're right. Now the whole trade stinks even more, don't even mind.


    Oh to be a Gooner...

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •