Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I have heard a lot of D.Cousins talk, but what if we made a move for A.Blatche he is a good PF. If u have watched him when he played with Wiz he was very dominant in games. Yes, they didn't have a very good team, but I mean we need a young PF to play along side an unselfish team that we now have. The asking price of Blatche can't be anything near Cousins/Smith/Millsap. We could steal him and keep are salary open for that elite player.

Nets:A.Blatche
    rockets: Patterson/cook

vCash
    Blatche is playing great for the Nets last I heard on a minimum deal. He ain't going nowhere right now unless the Nets get a stud.

And count me out on Cousins. That'd be a step backward in drawing the type of free agents Morey is looking to attract. And to trade Asik for him not knowing if he'll resign?

And yeah, why would Smith and Iggy take a lot less to maybe try for a ring? Those guys seem like money is what matters. Maybe after their next huge payday they might look to end their careers championship chasing, but now they'll be looking for the best offer with a possible Atl/Den discount.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 12-24-2012 at 10:57 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockets_nba View Post
    i have heard a lot of d.cousins talk, but what if we made a move for a.blatche he is a good pf. If u have watched him when he played with wiz he was very dominant in games. Yes, they didn't have a very good team, but i mean we need a young pf to play along side an unselfish team that we now have. The asking price of blatche can't be anything near cousins/smith/millsap. We could steal him and keep are salary open for that elite player.

Nets:a.blatche
    no deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Why would they except 30+ million less on a contract for an outside shot at championship? Also Pippen and MJ were just a perfect combo, like a once a decade type of combo. They grew up(NBA wise) together. Bringing in a 30 year old Iggy with a 24 year old Harden is not exactly worthy of MJ/Pippen conversation.
    U say outside shot, i say 4 year window, Iggy will be just hitting 30 and Pierce is 35 as we speak.. Iggy just won a gold medal, so he's not that far away from his prime, why would they take less.. well what contender is gonna pay them the max or have cap space

The Pippen to Jordan, was a little uncalled for i must admit, but understand I was more for His defense comparison than as a whole, Harden needs someone who can lock down the other teams perimeter player, cuz his defense is suspect at times..

After all, and all I respect everyone comments on the situation, and even i'm starting to reconsider, we're the youngest team in the league, and we're better than half the teams in the league, We need experiance, a few minor moves could be made to make us a contentender, don't be surprised if every young stud we have don't turn into a superstar, we've been waitin on that for how many years now

With that said, if i could have 1 disgruntled player out of all it would be Love

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockets_NBA View Post
    I have heard a lot of D.Cousins talk, but what if we made a move for A.Blatche he is a good PF. If u have watched him when he played with Wiz he was very dominant in games. Yes, they didn't have a very good team, but I mean we need a young PF to play along side an unselfish team that we now have. The asking price of Blatche can't be anything near Cousins/Smith/Millsap. We could steal him and keep are salary open for that elite player.

Nets:A.Blatche
    Blatche is KNOWN as one of the most selfish players in the league. Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Blatche is playing great for the Nets last I heard on a minimum deal. He ain't going nowhere right now unless the Nets get a stud.

It would not take a "stud" to get Blatche, I wouldn't trade anything for him.

And count me out on Cousins. That'd be a step backward in drawing the type of free agents Morey is looking to attract. And to trade Asik for him not knowing if he'll resign?

And yeah, why would Smith and Iggy take a lot less to maybe try for a ring? Those guys seem like money is what matters. Maybe after their next huge payday they might look to end their careers championship chasing, but now they'll be looking for the best offer with a possible Atl/Den discount.
    There will be no discounts involved. Both of these dudes are gonna be WAAAAYYYY overpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by c.c. View Post
    no deal
    This

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Patrick Beverley is expected to be released by Spartak St. Petersburg in order to join Houston Rockets! For the last 10 days the two teams were in negotiations and finally the deal was made, despite the fact that Beverley is the most important player in the Russian club’s roster which still is in the hunt of the VTB League and Eurocup. EuroHoops.net

Anybody know anything about this dude?
    All I know is he's a 6'1 PG who's not particularly great at anything. He never made it to the NBA when he was on the Miami Heat roster in 2010 (the year when they had Mike Bibby, Eddie House and Chalmers at PG...) so he went to Europe where he performed well against crap competition.

If he came to Houston now all he'd to is take away minutes from Machado who's already barely getting any. So yeah, not too excited about this move. I'd rather have Llul come over and be our back-up SG.

Oh to be a Gooner...

vCash
    Llull isn't going to play here ever. He signed a 6 year deal.

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    seems like we are going to add a player, another point guard in Beverley.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...uard-beverley/

it's not very wise to add another PG to our team unless we are going to cut Machado or we are in a trade involving one of 3 current point guards.

seems like Machado will be cut though.
    Last edited by eternal slumber; 12-25-2012 at 01:59 AM.
    CALVIN ABUEVA

BEAST MODE: ON

vCash
    Machado won't be cut, he just signed a 3-year contract. It will probably be White.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    White is starting workouts with team next week.

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    I wonder if he saw that signing and figured he needed to get serious.

I dislike speculating, but there has been zero talk of him since his twitter rage a month ago. I don't twit so I'll ask, is he still going crazy on that or did he stop? And if he stopped raging, is he still updating or not or did he just delete his account?

vCash
    It's not as bad as it was but he's still going on twitter. What do you guys think we can get for Patterson at this point?

vCash
    Not too much. Maybe a pick or slight bench wing upgrade.

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Someone mentioned a Patterson-for-Marshon Brooks swap, and it does make sense for both teams in my opinion. They do have 4 big men in Lopez, Hump, Blatche and Evans, but both Lopez and Humphries have lost sometime with injuries. And Brooks isn't getting much PT playing behind Williams, Johnson, Watson and even Bogans. It would be great to have Brooks on the bench getting some minutes behind Harden and Parsons.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Didn't brooks score like 17 a game last year? We could really use someone off tge bench that can score consistently. Hell we need someone besides harden that can score consistently, although Lin has been good recently. And I would be happy to get a 1st and a filler for Patterson right now. Morris and Smith hace been playing really well

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast