Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Wow...so you legitimately believe that Parsons is a better basketball player than Aldridge? How? Based on what?
    No Parsons and Aldridge together

vCash
    Royce White has been assigned to the DLeague.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Now he won't go unless he controls the teams mental health decisions on him.

I doubt guys are going to be so forth coming with their mental problems in the future, as I'm sure teams are going to (rather unfairly or not) remember Royce White when draft day comes.

vCash
    So, with all the "Cousins to Boston" trade talks going on, I played around with the NBA trade machine a bit and came up with a deal that could be intriguing to Sacramento for Demarcus Cousins:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a27snvu

It seems like a lot, but if Cousins can handle his ego and improve his shot selection, it would be well worth it in the long run. I'd hate to give up Parsons, but I think it could be worth it in order to get a legit No. 2 and a low post scoring threat with Cousins' upside.

What do you guys think? Would you make that deal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    So, with all the "Cousins to Boston" trade talks going on, I played around with the NBA trade machine a bit and came up with a deal that could be intriguing to Sacramento for Demarcus Cousins:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a27snvu

It seems like a lot, but if Cousins can handle his ego and improve his shot selection, it would be well worth it in the long run. I'd hate to give up Parsons, but I think it could be worth it in order to get a legit No. 2 and a low post scoring threat with Cousins' upside.

What do you guys think? Would you make that deal?
    I don't know if I would, probably not at this point. I'd love to have a guy like Cousins, but his "ego", as you said, worries me a lot. And that's a lot to give up, Patterson has been pretty good lately off the bench and Parsons has been arguably the second best player on the Rockets, and he's only only in the second year, making less than a million. And we all know Jones has potential, and I'd hate to trade him before we can see if this potential will translate in the NBA.

Cousins has just one year left on his contract after this season, and if his contract ended today I don't know if Sacramento would be so crazy about giving him a max contract, so it could take a lot less in a sign-and-trade to get him in two years if he stays put, which seems vry possible.

If Cousins wasn't such a child I would do that in a heartbeat and if Morey does a deal like this I wouldn't be mad, but i don't think it's a great idea right now. I like the idea of a FA next season or the next plus the guys we would be trading better than Cousins minus the guys we would be trading.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    ^This. Exactly this. After reading your post MBT, I didn't feel like typing my thoughts on the trade because it would be pretty lengthy and I'm on my phone. But he nailed everything I was thinking.

vCash
    Oh, and Machado just got cut to make room for Beverly. Let's see of this actually impacts us in any way and let's see if Machado goes on to be good somewhere else.

vCash
    There goes my guy. He didn't even have a chance... This Beverly guy is better be good. I read somewhere we've also showed interest in Donte Greene, don't think it makes much sense.

In other news we're 8th in both nba.com and espn.com power rankings. Houston getting respect.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Didn't we draft Donte Greene?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    Didn't we draft Donte Greene?
    we did. it makes a little sense since hes 6'10 and can shoot the 3. he can also run the floor a little bit. maybe morey wants to bring him in as a stretch 4 but he mainly played at the 3 spot. imho, hes a scrub.

vCash
    My 2c. Nicolas Batum and one from Paul Millsap, Derrick Favors or Derrick Williams (order of preference is order listed)

vCash
    Houston would be better off filling in the bench with some young guys or getting draft picks to build around the starters. They have a winning formula of guys who want to win.

I think Houston has one of the best starting line ups. Of course you could pick and choose any player from any team and say their current play would work better in some spots, but I like the current Rockets, and would only change the bench.

Don't get me wrong, half the bench is strong offensively and does a great job coming in and keeping up the pace. I would just like to see some more talent(someone who can keep up with Harden offensively, with less minutes, like if Harden was on 48 mins, we would be division leaders). Other teams have full benches filled with guys who could easily start for their team(like replacing their starters), look at denver, clippers, jazz, or Miami.

If Houston had their bench doing some more, Houston would be up there past Spurs. I mean we need a Ginobli type guy off the bench, that 6th man, that Harden use to be.
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 01-07-2013 at 04:34 PM.
    All great things come to an end...even in basketball -Me

vCash
    There's been some rumors of unhappiness in LaLa Land, so I was next in line for the trade machine.. and even though i'm high on most of these players u gotta give something to get something..

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a7qy6an

I probably get flamed for it but o'well, can't make everyone happy

Howard
    Morris
    Delfino
    Harden
    Lin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BenFrank View Post
    There's been some rumors of unhappiness in LaLa Land, so I was next in line for the trade machine.. and even though i'm high on most of these players u gotta give something to get something..

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a7qy6an

I probably get flamed for it but o'well, can't make everyone happy

Howard
    Morris
    Delfino
    Harden
    Lin
    i personally dont like the trade, due to the fact that i hate dwight and what he represents. the trade actually makes sense for both side though. i just dont think howard would sign an extension here and we would give up all those pieces for nothing.

on another note, did anybody here know that rgv vipers currently have hassan whiteside on the roster? dude went ham with 19pt/17reb/5blks today.... in 20 minutes!
    Last edited by nacdaddy; 01-07-2013 at 06:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nacdaddy View Post
    i personally dont like the trade, due to the fact that i hate dwight and what he represents. the trade actually makes sense for both side though. i just dont think howard would sign an extension here and we would give up all those pieces for nothing.

on another note, did anybody here know that rgv vipers currently have hassan whiteside on the roster? dude went ham with 19pt/17reb/5blks today.... in 20 minutes!
    I can't lie, i had something against the guy after the offseason, but that was all before we had Lin and Harden, with us having the bird rights, and Harden here I think he resigns.. He would be the number 1 option since we want someone who can score downlow

Nope didn't kno RGV picked up Whiteside, that's news to my ears

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast