Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I see your point....Bleacher Report-by way of AOL.Sportingnews.com just came out with this topic today. 7 Vets rockets should consider getting. First person they mention is Keynon Martin & why. All the others are by way of trade. I was trying not to disrupt our chemistry too bad by subtracting anyone other than sending someone to D-league. Developmental league named that for a reason. Thanks for your comments.
    Last edited by Jatman20; 11-30-2012 at 06:37 PM.

vCash
    Why would we add Martin if we already have two guys in Motiejunas and Jones who can't get minutes?
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Summer league games...heard Bullard say Rockets coaches wanted T Jones to work on outside shooting. Saw him shoot a little in summer games and none since. Now he was sent down to do just that. As the writer of the article states the Rockets front court is weak. Martin would give them some grit and toughness. Monte will still get some mins. Keep in mind Asik got just below 10 mins a game last year. It may be too much to ask him to log in 40 mins a game. I know he is young; but being the only one doing the dirty work is setting him up for injury. Without Asik we're doomed. Martin can give Asik some rest of the bench. If we concede we are not going anywhere, yes; let's not add anyone. We are not beating western teams with all the power forwards; with a soft game.

vCash
    No Martin.... No

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Who is Cole? Aldrich? Yes I have been saying that, I'd love to have Calderon and I'm pretty sure he'll get dealt at some point this season. We have plenty of cap space, but I think it would take a lot more than that. They don't need PFs and they don't need PGs and Cs I guess.
    Calderon makes 10.5 mil. The Rockets have worked hard to put themselves in prime position with payroll entering next season. A trade probably won't happen if it adds payroll to next year. Calderon isn't in our future(getting new big deal) with Lins contract on the books. Don't expect a trade unless we get to winning at .560-.580 clip.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jatman20 View Post
    Calderon makes 10.5 mil. The Rockets have worked hard to put themselves in prime position with payroll entering next season. A trade probably won't happen if it adds payroll to next year. Calderon isn't in our future(getting new big deal) with Lins contract on the books. Don't expect a trade unless we get to winning at .560-.580 clip.
    He will be a FA next year. It would change the current situation for next year, al all.

vCash
    He will be a FA next year. It would change the current situation for next year, al all.
    Lin has the max contract....Calderon would look to make greater than 10 mil. Who would be the backup between the two? We are at approx 49 mil going into next season before a signing of Calderon. Next year teams are taxed $1.50 for every dollar over 70 mil. Signing Calderon will cut into the teams 20 mil to spend. Now the Lakers are currently 100 mil. They are paying $1.00 for every dollar over 70mil. They feel they can do that because of the TV deal they have. Houston is trying to get a similar deal with Comcast ( but smaller market). If we all support the Rockets....maybe the team will consider going over the 70 something mil tax cap. I would like to somehow get Ben Gordon, Montana Ellis, or Tyreke Evans; but Harden is a max at that spot. Toronto just got Lowrey....can't see either team trading Lin/Calderon.
    Last edited by Jatman20; 12-05-2012 at 01:17 AM.

vCash
    There's no chance Calderon makes more than 10 million. Dragic couldn't get that.

vCash
    I wish Courtney Lee was on this team.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    As well as a healthy Camby.

vCash
    That's an oxymoron.

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    I miss Dragic. Morey didn't know what was going to happen and I understand his reasoning of letting him walk when he didn't know what the makeup of the team would be. But if he knew he was going to get Harden, I bet you he gives Dragic that fourth year to keep him. Dragic's game would been far better with Harden than Lin's. While Dragic is also a pick and roll creator, the guy can also play off the ball and hit open three-pointers. And Dragic has no qualms with driving to the rim or taking over games when he needs to.

Every time I see Dragic give me another great fantasy performance, I die a little bit on the inside. I miss him almost as much as I miss Scola.

vCash
    Imagine:

Dragic/Dougie
    Harden/Lee
    Parsons/Delfino
    PatPat/Morris
    Asik/Smith

Great young core there.

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    There's no chance Calderon makes more than 10 million. Dragic couldn't get that.
    Which is why Calderon is mad playing behind Lowry this season and won't like playing behind Lin. Lin is a big draw in China, Phillipines, etc. If we get him another scoring option this year or next; his Asts & Points should increase. The Rockets score big on TV deal. Maybe the Rockets can go over the luxury tax some next yr??

Check salaries @: hispanosnba.com
    Team/Players
    Last edited by Jatman20; 12-06-2012 at 12:08 AM.

vCash
    i would like the Rockets to go after Paul this off-season.
    CALVIN ABUEVA

BEAST MODE: ON

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast