Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Should the Rockets Consider Adding Anyone?

Consider the Nets with Joe Johnson, Boston- J Terry/C Lee, Clippers-J Crawford,
    Thunder-K Martin, Miami-R Allen. All used to open things up so defenses don't just collapse around the paint. I saw where M Redd is out there. Like a mil 1/2 was the contract he had last year. Also Keynon Martin to help Asik protect the rim and/or Anthony Carter if Douglas takes ill-advised shots like he has prior to these last 2 games. With all the new faces, I know we are trying to get chemistry first. Anyone have any thoughts on the matter? (One yr contracts?)
    Last edited by Jatman20; 11-27-2012 at 03:54 PM.

vCash
    Who's M Reed? Do you mean Redd? Anyway, no. We don't need vets with no future on this team to take minutes away from the young guys. Terrence Jones isn't getting minutes, Motiejunas just got called up from the D-League, Machado hasn't even played in a game yet. There's no reason to sign guys like Carter, Redd or Martin.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    I see what the OP is saying in terms of veteran guys who can stretch the floor with the three-pointer. But that's what Houston got Carlos Delfino for, and Cook can also fill that role. Delfino just hasn't been able to stay healthy and Cook hasn't really found his role on the team. Morris has done a good job of hitting open threes as well.

I just don't think it makes a ton of sense to add another veteran guy to hit threes and take 20-25 minutes away from the development of the young players. Delfino, Cook, Parsons, Morris and Harden have all proven to be solid perimeter shooters and Douglas, Lin and Patterson at least have to be accounted for outside the arc.

As far as defensive bigs, Houston needs to make due with the slew of young power forwards already on the roster. Adding another big will only further hurt the development of Morris, Patterson, Jones and Motiejunas and that's the last thing they need to do.

vCash
    Yes, I did mean M Redd. I don't mean to get rid of Delfino. Just add veteran to mix with the youngest team in the league making foolish mistakes like being down by 6 and Douglas shooting a brick 3; the other team getting a bucket and then Douglas shooting another ill advised brick 3 on the very nxt play with the other team converting at their end. 6 pt deficient turning into 10 in the blink of an eye. NY fans said he would do that. I have been watching for that....and it's true. Hope McHale can get after him on that. Sometimes one seasoned vet can calm/stabilize the second team to the point of going from winning at a .500 clip to .575 clip; which is big in the NBA. I would take a contested 16 ft Redd shot over a wide open Douglas 3pt shot any day. When our payroll is 50 mil and the cap 58 mil. Does it really hurt to add a $1mil seasoned vet.
    OK Thanks....I value everyone's opinion

...I see Royce White ending up like Leon Smith of the Mavs in 2000. In a month we may be adding a body.
    Last edited by Jatman20; 11-27-2012 at 05:41 PM.

vCash
    Douglas has found his stroke and I no longer cringe when he takes open 3's. If anything we need an athletic wing player who is a plus defender. Not like they grow on trees though.

So in short no.

vCash
    If we could send Cole, and Douglas to Toronto for Jose Calderon I wouldn't complain.. I'de even throw in a 2nd round pick

vCash
    We need Douglas for his defense...hope he is learning that you don't shoot " chuck-n-duck" style when the game is close. You can do that when you're in garbage time when you are up 20 or down 20. I will cut him some slack. I didn't mind him against Chicago and NY; don't think he shot well last nite(only a few attempts 1/4) but that's ok....for now.
    Last edited by Jatman20; 11-28-2012 at 07:05 PM.

vCash
    Douglas cannot facilitate the offense though. He sucks *** at it. All he offers on offense is an occasional layup drive and spot up 3's.

vCash
    That's the way I feel. Last night was the night for him to practice 3's and he took 3 & made 1. Saw Redd one time last year and it was vs us- he scored 25 pts. I see him coming off screens; helping our second team weather a storm if Parsons and Delfino are cold. I dont know how good/bad Redd is at the moment. Can never have enough veteran shooters"IF"payroll allows. Parsons worked with shooting coach all summer and it has paid off. He needs to give Douglas the number to that coach.
    Last edited by Jatman20; 11-28-2012 at 08:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BenFrank View Post
    If we could send Cole, and Douglas to Toronto for Jose Calderon I wouldn't complain.. I'de even throw in a 2nd round pick
    Who is Cole? Aldrich? Yes I have been saying that, I'd love to have Calderon and I'm pretty sure he'll get dealt at some point this season. We have plenty of cap space, but I think it would take a lot more than that. They don't need PFs and they don't need PGs and Cs I guess.

vCash
    I started this thread after searching free agents 2013. Site came up with names of players not with a team or under contract elsewhere at the moment; and last salary earned. Keynon Martin, Arroyo, Anthony Carter, Redd,ect. Both Redd and Keynon were each mil and a half. I think I would sign each for 1yr, at 1.mil. depending on workouts. Jones and Machado could get starter mins in D-league; while Keynon could show our young power forwards toughness and how to do the dirty work of getting rebounds and rotating on defense and anticipating blocks. McHale hasn't gotten thru. Need someone other than Asik. Keynon would bark at them and show them by example.

I'm not really talking trades. That list could go on...and...on. But we could start a new thread with that.

vCash
    Never mind...just looked up Keynon Martin numbers with Clippers last year. I thought he did good or decent. I was Wrong.

vCash
    Time teams sending rookies to D-league and adding a possible free agent....like Dallas with Fisher and Toronto with Petrius (sp?). Moves before trading deadline in Feb. Do we stand pact?

vCash
    Yes there is no reason wo bring in vets. It's not that we're contending for the title, I'm not even sure we are a playoff team right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jatman20 View Post
    Time teams sending rookies to D-league and adding a possible free agent....like Dallas with Fisher and Toronto with Petrius (sp?). Moves before trading deadline in Feb. Do we stand pact?
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Yes there is no reason wo bring in vets. It's not that we're contending for the title, I'm not even sure we are a playoff team right now.
    If Parsons' injury had been more serious, I could see the need for another vet, but it's just a shoulder strain, so hopefully he'll be back soon. Also, Cook played pretty well against his former team, so I think he's earned more minutes off the bench. However, if Delfino can't play soon or if they don't have confidence in Douglas anymore, then I could see them potentially adding a vet. I just don't think it's likely, and I'd much rather them give those minutes to younger guys.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast