Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 137
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27,307
    vCash
    1500
    AdamRubinESPN Dickey also expressed disappointment with the slow pace of negotiations.


    ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27,307
    vCash
    1500
    DPLennon Dickey also said he talks with Wright regularly and expressed optimism a deal would get done with him. #mets


    ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    AdamRubinESPN Dickey also expressed disappointment with the slow pace of negotiations.

    I'm not surprised, they drag their feet with everything.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    27,073
    vCash
    1500
    When the players themselves express concern, that's a problem.

    Guess I'm not surprised. As much as I'd hate it, there are 2 correct things to do. Sign both, or trade both now.

    The only way to botch this completely is to not sign them and not trade them before the season.

    And I'm definitely concerned they'll pick the only wrong answer.

    We'll Leave a Light On For You


    Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    Wright is a guy looking at $100 million deal with no risk.

    The Wilnoptpons are looking at a $100 million expense loaded with risk.

    Some of you guys are scratchin' for a few $$$$ wheeling and dealing on stub hub yet you can't see the Wilnotpons point of view on this.

    Seems a bit inconsistent.

    I hate Freddie and Boo Radley as much as the next guy but they made a fair offer. If the agents and union hacks get out of the way it would probably be a done deal by now.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27,307
    vCash
    1500
    Jeff Bradley ‏@JerseyJBradley
    RA Dickey: "they have made an offer, we have countered. That's where we stand."


    ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27,307
    vCash
    1500
    I firmly believe that the decision on Dickey won't happen until after the Winter Meetings.

    I'm a 100% confident that Wright will be resigned.


    ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    If the agents and union hacks get out of the way it would probably be a done deal by now.
    Quit with the union bashing.

    As a Met fan, I don't want to resign him now, because if they're not going to offer Wright what he'll get in the market, then that also means the Wilpons won't spend for other players we badly need, meaning re-signing Wright only gives us the same 4th place team we've had for years.

    Trade them and get back young legit top level prospects.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27,307
    vCash
    1500
    AdamRubinESPN R.A. Dickey said he's headed to India this offseason with his family to do charity work for a week.


    ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    Quit with the union bashing.

    As a Met fan, I don't want to resign him now, because if they're not going to offer Wright what he'll get in the market, then that also means the Wilpons won't spend for other players we badly need, meaning re-signing Wright only gives us the same 4th place team we've had for years.

    Trade them and get back young legit top level prospects.
    Like it or not it is true. If Wright wanted to sign a lesser deal to stay here because he likes NY or for whatever reason he would hear about it from his union buds. It's happened before.

    The union has made baseball the Twinkies of professional sports.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    77,793
    vCash
    1500

    Report: Mets finally make Wright offer-6 years $100 Million

    I guess they made him an offer he could refuse.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Like it or not it is true. If Wright wanted to sign a lesser deal to stay here because he likes NY or for whatever reason he would hear about it from his union buds. It's happened before.

    The union has made baseball the Twinkies of professional sports.

    You did it again. The unions were not the reason Hostess is going out of business. Pure union bashing without knowledge.

    About Wright and the MLB union, that's not true. There were players before who took less money to play in places they preferred. If Wright is so passionate about being a Met, he could quit the union. Don't blame the union for the fact that the Wilpons don't want to not only pay Wright market value, but also not want to pay to have a winning team here by putting other stars with Wright. This is the Wilpons fault, not the unions.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    I think he can get a little more, but this is a good offer to build off of.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,117
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I firmly believe that the decision on Dickey won't happen until after the Winter Meetings.

    I'm a 100% confident that Wright will be resigned.
    This is how I feel. I think Wright will be signed sometime before the winter meetings. Then they will see what they can get for Dickey at the winter meetings and if they don't get an offer they like they resign him.

    IMO I think Dickey gets traded, but that is just me.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    vCash
    1500
    They know this isn't going to get it done and if it were just a first offer in negotiations I would be fine with it. However the fact that they allowed it to be made public leads me to fear that they know they are not going to sign him and are doing this to cover their ***** for public relations purposes. Because that is what they do.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •