Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 137
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,125
    vCash
    1500
    Who knows. I wonder if just for this year, until the books are cleared in 2014, Wright defers money to the later years. Like maybe takes an 8-10 million dollar pay cut this year and we filter that money in over the 8 years.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,125
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Unless they are offering 6/$119-$124M with the option year included making it that much.

    Or maybe they are offering 7/$135-$140M with the option year negated and the money back-loaded. That would offer more flexibility for right now.

    If it's not those 2 choices, then 8 year $150M+ is way too much for him. That's on Matt Kemp's level, and Wright is no Kemp.
    I was just using what the reports were that he was getting this year plus the 7 years added on making his new contract 8 total years. If that is the case he would at least be getting paid 151 million dollars give or take.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,734
    vCash
    1500
    Are people really *****ing about this?

    We ***** that we arent offering enough and arent trying hard enough to keep our own players, then we ***** that we are offering too much. Get him signed so we can move forward with the offseason
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”



    There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!


    Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"


    New York Giants-2012 World Champions

    SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    51,195
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post
    Are people really *****ing about this?

    We ***** that we arent offering enough and arent trying hard enough to keep our own players, then we ***** that we are offering too much. Get him signed so we can move forward with the offseason
    Do you really believe Wright is worth 8 years $150M+?

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,125
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post
    Are people really *****ing about this?

    We ***** that we arent offering enough and arent trying hard enough to keep our own players, then we ***** that we are offering too much. Get him signed so we can move forward with the offseason
    No one is complaining. We are just trying to figure out the money and how many years. They can pay him whatever they want. Out of Reyes, Dickey, and Wright this was the one guy I for sure wanted 100 percent signed.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    51,195
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    I was just using what the reports were that he was getting this year plus the 7 years added on making his new contract 8 total years. If that is the case he would at least be getting paid 151 million dollars give or take.
    Yeah but that 7 year extension is extremely pricey to be added to the option year. I hope it's one of the first two options I presented.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,125
    vCash
    1500
    I wonder if the 150 million dollars total is more of a statement to David Wright, the fans, and the rest of the team. I mean there wasn't a lot of fans who saw this type of deal coming from the Mets.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27,496
    vCash
    1500
    McCulloughSL Can't see him getting more on open market. RT @JonHeymanCBS: sources: Mets' offer to David Wright is 7 years about $135-140M


    “Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,734
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Do you really believe Wright is worth 8 years $150M+?
    I dont believe any athlete is worth any amount of money. Not when there are people who do things to make the world work every day for a fraction of the amount.

    That being said, I look at this deal as a sign of good faith, not just to Wright, but the fans as well. I think its the Wilpons saying "we are going to take care of our own and we still have the money to spend." Is 150+ a little excessive? Probably. But this is your franchise player, the guy that you are trying to tell the fans will be here for life and will be the face of your rebuild toward respectability. You do what you have to do to get it done. For all we know, Wright and his camp wanted some outrageous number that this pales in comparison too. You just never know.

    I just want him signed so we can move on and stop worrying about if we are gonna have our franchise player or not
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”



    There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!


    Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"


    New York Giants-2012 World Champions

    SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    51,195
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post
    I dont believe any athlete is worth any amount of money. Not when there are people who do things to make the world work every day for a fraction of the amount.

    That being said, I look at this deal as a sign of good faith, not just to Wright, but the fans as well. I think its the Wilpons saying "we are going to take care of our own and we still have the money to spend." Is 150+ a little excessive? Probably. But this is your franchise player, the guy that you are trying to tell the fans will be here for life and will be the face of your rebuild toward respectability. You do what you have to do to get it done. For all we know, Wright and his camp wanted some outrageous number that this pales in comparison too. You just never know.

    I just want him signed so we can move on and stop worrying about if we are gonna have our franchise player or not
    I want him for less. If he wants 8/$150+ overall, I'll either trade him or let the season play out and see if he matches his performance. That is a huge risk. I don't want just Wright, I want betters player around him.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    So now we love the Wilnotpons?????

    I'm getting confused.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27,496
    vCash
    1500
    Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
    Clarification: #Mets' offer to Wright, according to source, is $135M-$145M over eight years, including $16M salary this season. MORE


    “Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27,496
    vCash
    1500
    Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
    New money that #Mets offered Wright in seven-year extension is $119M-$129M, according to source. Updating my earlier column now.


    “Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    51,195
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
    Clarification: #Mets' offer to Wright, according to source, is $135M-$145M over eight years, including $16M salary this season. MORE
    That is MUCH better. I will gladly sign him for that.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    51,195
    vCash
    1500
    Never mind
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 11-27-2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Misread quote

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •