Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    AdamRubinESPN David Wright really doesn't need no-trade clause. He'll have 10 years of MLB service by mid-2014 and can't be traded without consent after.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    AdamRubinESPN I'll respectfully say this on negative note: Bar is really low these days for Mets if keeping own stars is now viewed as great achievement.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Ken Rosenthal Told #Mets' offer of extension to Wright yesterday was 6 yrs./$100M. Source today says team offering 7 yrs. between $125M and $150M

vCash
    AdamRubinESPN I'm led to believe payroll will be slightly higher than the roughly $95M from this year, but not crazy higher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Ken Rosenthal Told #Mets' offer of extension to Wright yesterday was 6 yrs./$100M. Source today says team offering 7 yrs. between $125M and $150M
    If those are the years and money I don't see him saying no.

vCash
    That's pretty funny.
    I wonder if his source is Dugmet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    That's pretty funny.
    I think it is funny seeing how 150 million was thrown out there. It just seems like Rosenthal is giving himself a ton of room to be right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    If those are the years and money I don't see him saying no.
    If he says no, **** him and deal him. He's not worth anywhere close to $150M.

There is only so much the team can do, if the team offers the appropriate amount of money and he rejects, that's on the player. That would be worse than Reyes leaving because he wasn't offered anything.

vCash
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS sources: Mets' offer to David Wright is 7 years about $135-140M

vCash
    If he says no, **** him and deal him. He's not worth anywhere close to $150M.
    I agree. 8 years at 150 million dollars is crazy ****.

If it is 8 years at around 130 million that seems about right. That is a little over 16 million a year and stays in line with what he is getting paid now.

vCash
    That's pretty funny.
    I wouldn't give him anymore than 7/$130M. And that's a ton.

I'd rather give him 8/$140M instead.

vCash
    That's pretty funny.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I lol'd
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS sources: Mets' offer to David Wright is 7 years about $135-140M
    That's ****ing insane. I don't know how I feel about this.

vCash
    Actually counting this year it would be 8 years at 151-156 million. That is around 19 to 20 million a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Actually counting this year it would be 8 years at 151-156 million. That is around 19 to 20 million a year.
    Unless they are offering 6/$119-$124M with the option year included making it that much.

Or maybe they are offering 7/$135-$140M with the option year negated and the money back-loaded. That would offer more flexibility for right now.

If it's not those 2 choices, then 8 year $150M+ is way too much for him. That's on Matt Kemp's level, and Wright is no Kemp.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast