Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Who wants to be the first to complain about it not being 8 years? lol
    I would be the 1st to complain it is 8 years.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Seems like a good starting point, but that is all it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I would be the 1st to complain it is 8 years.
    lol

Anyways I think it will be something like 7/125 if I had to take a guess. That is almost 18 million per year.

vCash
    lol

Anyways I think it will be something like 7/125 if I had to take a guess. That is almost 18 million per year.
    That's a fair deal.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    You did it again. The unions were not the reason Hostess is going out of business. Pure union bashing without knowledge.

About Wright and the MLB union, that's not true. There were players before who took less money to play in places they preferred. If Wright is so passionate about being a Met, he could quit the union. Don't blame the union for the fact that the Wilpons don't want to not only pay Wright market value, but also not want to pay to have a winning team here by putting other stars with Wright. This is the Wilpons fault, not the unions.
    The union reviews all player contracts. Why is that? I don't blame the union for the fact that the Wilnotpons may not want to pay market value (although we don't know this to be true) I blame the union for setting market value.

But that's OK for them to do that. If the owners decide on setting a market value that's collusion.

The trucks that delivered Twinkies were not allowed to deliver Wonder Bread because of the unions. Two vehicles going to the same place/ How is that efficient?

I've been in two unions in my liftime…they were a complete waste of time and the model of inefficiencey. No matter what management said, they were automatically against it. Very counterprodeuctive.

vCash
    DPLennon With Dickey saying he's exchanged offers with #Mets, sounds like they want to get Wright wrapped up first.

vCash
    DPLennon With Dickey saying he's exchanged offers with #Mets, sounds like they want to get Wright wrapped up first.
    Still think he gets traded, but if he doesn't he won't be signed till the last few days of the winter meetings.

vCash
    Still think he gets traded, but if he doesn't he won't be signed till the last few days of the winter meetings.
    He won't be signed until after the winter meetings, they will dangle Dickey like a carrot.

vCash
    He won't be signed until after the winter meetings, they will dangle Dickey like a carrot.
    God I hope someone offers the moon.

vCash
    I've been in two unions in my liftime…they were a complete waste of time and the model of inefficiencey. No matter what management said, they were automatically against it. Very counterprodeuctive. -JOMOTA48

...sounds like our Federal Governement.

Rip up this years contract and give hime 7 x 17m = 119m. If he's not happy with that then he can hit the bricks. Market value David.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MookiesRoller86 View Post
    I've been in two unions in my liftime…they were a complete waste of time and the model of inefficiencey. No matter what management said, they were automatically against it. Very counterprodeuctive. -JOMOTA48

...sounds like our Federal Governement.

Rip up this years contract and give hime 7 x 17m = 119m. If he's not happy with that then he can hit the bricks. Market value David.
    I was thinking the same thing.

vCash
    It appears that the Mets were serious about the priority of re-signing David, and are willing to put their money where their mouths were. With 7 years, well in excess of $100 million, a resolution should come quickly, hopefully before the end of the week.

I guess now those who continually bash ownership will say that they were forced into making the deal against their will, bowing to adverse public opinion. Perhaps they'll say that now the Wilpons will make up for the extra money they spent by charging the players for the clubhouse buffet and for laundering their uniforms. Or maybe they will make you to put a quarter in the turnstiles to get into Citifield. lol
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    It appears that the Mets were serious about the priority of re-signing David, and are willing to put their money where their mouths were. With 7 years, well in excess of $100 million, a resolution should come quickly, hopefully before the end of the week.

I guess now those who continually bash ownership will say that they were forced into making the deal against their will, bowing to adverse public opinion. Perhaps they'll say that now the Wilpons will make up for the extra money they spent by charging the players for the clubhouse buffet and for laundering their uniforms. Or maybe they will make you to put a quarter in the turnstiles to get into Citifield. lol
    Well of course. The "coupons" only are doing this to sell tickets. They don't care about winning games, putting a good team on the field, or David Wright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    The union reviews all player contracts. Why is that? I don't blame the union for the fact that the Wilnotpons may not want to pay market value (although we don't know this to be true) I blame the union for setting market value.

But that's OK for them to do that. If the owners decide on setting a market value that's collusion.

The trucks that delivered Twinkies were not allowed to deliver Wonder Bread because of the unions. Two vehicles going to the same place/ How is that efficient?

I've been in two unions in my liftime…they were a complete waste of time and the model of inefficiencey. No matter what management said, they were automatically against it. Very counterprodeuctive.
    The Player's Union reviews all contracts to ensure that they do not contain anything that would establish a precedent that would be detrimental to players in future negotiations. And they want to make sure the player isn't giving away money unreasonably, as they did with A-Rod's deal with the Red Sox. They don't set market value. Hometown discounts are common in baseball and the union has never objected to any of those contracts.

As a Commercial Arbitrator with the American Arbitration Association, I've been heavily involved with both sides in labor-management issues. I can tell you that both sides can be equally intransigent and unreasonable. To your point, whetever the union says, management is against it. That is the underlying principle of negotiations. The very fact that they finally reach an agreement demonstrates that eventually each side accepts (perhaps grudgingly) what the other side has offered.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    alWright
    #oneatatime

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast