Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Mets' Double-A to Ottawa? Not so fast

The latest report indicating the Mets' Double-A Bighamton affiliate was prepared to be sold and moved to Ottawa was accurate at the time. However, the sale appears to have fallen through, according to a source with knowledge of the minor league arrangement.

That means the affiliate may remain in Binghamton after all.

The Mets are signed up with the affiliate through 2016.
    I guess Ottawa doesn't want the Mets either.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Good, I want them to stay in Binghamton. It's nice having your own affiliate in NY.

vCash
    Who wants to move to Canada?

Binghamton and Buffalo aren't great baseball cities, honestly i don't know why the Mets had organizations there in the first place.

Binghamton is a college town and not much else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Who wants to move to Canada?

Binghamton and Buffalo aren't great baseball cities, honestly i don't know why the Mets had organizations there in the first place.

Binghamton is a college town and not much else.
    Yeah but Ottowa ain't exactly the birthplace of modern baseball either ya know.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Yeah but Ottowa ain't exactly the birthplace of modern baseball either ya know.

I think the Mets should just keep looking for major markets for minor league baseball.

They have Brooklyn and Las Vegas, i say the next city should be somewhere in Texas or California (if there is a minor league city that isn't already taken there)

vCash
    They messed up by leaving Norfolk. I don't remember why that was but it was the ideal place for them. It's also closer then buffalo. Idk how the minor leagues work but if I'm the mets I want a mid Atlantic city.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    They messed up by leaving Norfolk. I don't remember why that was but it was the ideal place for them. It's also closer then buffalo. Idk how the minor leagues work but if I'm the mets I want a mid Atlantic city.
    That would be great...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

I think the Mets should just keep looking for major markets for minor league baseball.

They have Brooklyn and Las Vegas, i say the next city should be somewhere in Texas or California (if there is a minor league city that isn't already taken there)
    The way things are going, Flushing Queens might become a minor league city.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    The way things are going, Flushing Queens might become a minor league city.

vCash
    This good news imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    This good news imo.
    Indeed.

vCash
    That was AAA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Good, I want them to stay in Binghamton. It's nice having your own affiliate in NY.
    This. Overall, I don't really see what difference it would make.

vCash
    Hope the latest reports are true, but it's purely emotional. I prefer our farm teams closer to home, although I don't drive to Binghamton to see them play there. Assuming Ottawa stays in the Eastern Leahue, I'll drive over to Trenton, just as I do now when Binghamton is in town.

To me, Las Vegas is the big problem. It's easy to see why Buffalo prefers Toronto. They're within the Jays market and will draw plenty of fans from southern Ontario. It would be nice if the Mets could find a buyer for the Vegas franchise and move somewhere near home, like Newark/Jersey City. Trouble is that all the minor leagues have an even number of teams, so there would have to be another franchise move from the PCL to the IL. Not much chance of that.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Norfolk kicked them out. The Mets even had David Wright on the phone with Tides ownership trying to convince them to sign another agreement with the Mets.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast