Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Week 9: AZ vs GB (Post game thread)

No one made thread for it and even though the game has finished I thought i'd throw this out there to see if people wanted to discuss....

Gotta say that Nate Potter did a pretty nice job at LT, especially during the pass. I believe he was put in during the second quarter and from then on Skelton had a noticable amount of extra time to make his throws. He's quick, athletic and he looked strong (I heard he added 10lbs of muscle to make him 310lbs). He handled Clay Matthews well and he made very few mistakes.

The problem with Skelton is that he can make throws and get yards but he's not very smart or very accurate. He'll throw the pass he's 'meant' to throw (Something Kolb has slight problem with) but he's not accurate enough to get it by a smart defense. In a few games we'll hopefully get to see what Lindley can do. If he can perform well then I expect him to take Skeltons place next year and for Skelton to be cut.

Floyd made some nice plays and is really starting to make the most of his playing time. He's making catches and that's what we need.

Our D wasn't great. We're really struggling against the run. I'd like to see Bradley or Walker in at ILB instead of Lenon as I think they'll be more aggressive against the run.

Even though we lost, I enojoyed the game a lot. I wasn't cringing like I was last week.

vCash
    I only saw parts of it and tried to listen to it on the radio. Early in the game the Cards were competitive and that early TD by Stephens-Howling to tie the game at 7-7 was quite a run, broke two tackles in the backfield and outran a 3rd defender to the corner pylon....that play was read by the defense and would have been a 5 yard loss if not for that spectacular effort.

Peterson whiffed a chance at a fumble recovery, and there were at least 5 or 6 drops by Cardinal receivers which just won't cut it in the NFL. With Atlanta coming in next week we could easily be looking at a 6 game losing streak after a 4-0 start.....quite depressing.

vCash
    We've actualy got a bye-week next week so hopefully thats enough time for Kolb to get healthy and be ready against Atlanta (I doubt he will be ready but there's a chance).

Would be cool if we could take out Atlanta and ruin their streak... It wouldn't be the first time a low ranking team took out an undefeated team. I think if any team had the ability to do it it could be us. That's super positive thinking though.

vCash
    I don't even know what to say in this forum anymore .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    I don't even know what to say in this forum anymore .
    Just do the crying face and say the Cardinals marketing slogan: 'Hey, there's always next year right?'

All joking aside, The Cardinals are still my superbowl pick for next year. seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    Just do the crying face and say the Cardinals marketing slogan: 'Hey, there's always next year right?'

All joking aside, The Cardinals are still my superbowl pick for next year. seriously.

I would love to see it but the Cardinals have a few holes they need to plug, especially the one at QB!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post

I would love to see it but the Cardinals have a few holes they need to plug, especially the one at QB!
    I honestly believe we have a chance. If the front office do it right, it can all be done in one offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    I honestly believe we have a chance. If the front office do it right, it can all be done in one offseason.
    True, if we land an impact QB somehow and plug a few of the holes the team could improve dramatically. However, we are still in the NFC West which will likely be very competitive the next few years with SF and Seattle both building solid teams.