Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RonE Coleman View Post
    A 32 year old who clearly is not the same player he was 2 years ago. With reports coming out about bad knees and this is the same guy who let a rumor with his girlfriend just destroy his playoff performance 2 years ago, God forbid the media in New York ripping into this guy.

Who gives a **** if he is a future hall of famer? Vince Carters a future hall of famer, maybe we should trade Amare and Shumpert for him?
    It's a waste of time talking to him.. He puts words in your mouth.. WHO THE **** mentioned that Shumpert will be a HoF player.. I like your sarcasm PC keep it up man.

vCash
    There's no way the LAL will do this, regardless of the success that D'Antoni and Nash have shared with Amare.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    Well looking at it rationally, Amar'e for Gasol is just not a fair deal at all for LA. There is absolutely no incentive to make that deal. The only piece that would interest them is Iman.

I think Gasol would be a significant upgrade from Amar'e for our team and he's a better player across the boards. Plus, we have to compensate for the fact that Pau has a more team friendly contract. Overall, I think it's worth giving up Iman for those benefits.

As for the last point, then what's the point of hanging onto him? Once our window closes, we need to rebuild. As in accumulate draft picks while shedding salary. By then Iman would need a new contact and using Afflalo's contract as a framework, he'd be getting somewhere around 5 years/$40 million. Non-contending teams can't afford to waste $8 million on role players, it'd be crippling.
    Okay but the last two seasons Pau did not really perform to expectations.. But I do agree Pau is an upgrade to Stoudemire.. If it has to be done I would trade Iman and STAT for Pau and fillers, but I want the replaceable player on the 2 guard position to play defense, and that is all I ask for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RonE Coleman View Post
    A 32 year old who clearly is not the same player he was 2 years ago. With reports coming out about bad knees and this is the same guy who let a rumor with his girlfriend just destroy his playoff performance 2 years ago, God forbid the media in New York ripping into this guy.

Who gives a **** if he is a future hall of famer? Vince Carters a future hall of famer, maybe we should trade Amare and Shumpert for him?
    ...or a 32 year old who's just not in the right situation. Compare Amar'e and Gasol's game and injury history? Who do you think is going to age better

And how can you bring that up when Amar'e's the guy who got pissed and punched a fire extinguisher?? He missed playoff games because of that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I said the way you are acting right now, trying to bring up freedom of speech card and twist everyones words around to make them sound like they are trolling you for disagreeing with your opinion, makes you sound like you are 12.

PC did absolutely nothing wrong here, quit whining like he is some awful mod abusing his privileges.

For the record I wouldn't trade Shump for Gasol and think Shump has potential to be great. I'm not going to cry cause PC thinks hes nothing more than a glorified Ronnie Brewer.
    Okay there is an ignore option on this site, if you don't like what I post simply ignore it (since you are fully aware of all the rules and options on this site.. You should comprehend this)... I mean you don't need to go in full detail about your previous post I understand you fallow who you want to. So chill..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyKnicks126 View Post
    It's a waste of time talking to him.. He puts words in your mouth.. WHO THE **** mentioned that Shumpert will be a HoF player.. I like your sarcasm PC keep it up man.
    I think its more of PC thinking its only worth keeping a surefire stud/future all star if your not gonna throw him in the deal for Pau, and HE doesn't feel Shump is that guy. He obviously thinks Pau makes us a bonafide favorite. Him saying Shumpert as future HOFer was obviously an embellishment but it didn't mean he was putting words in YOUR mouth bro.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyKnicks126 View Post
    Okay there is an ignore option on this site, if you don't like what I post simply ignore it (since you are fully aware of all the rules and options on this site.. You should comprehend this)... I mean you don't need to go in full detail about your previous post I understand you fallow who you want to. So chill..
    LOL. First it was 'This is a free country Mod, you can't tell me what to say or not say'

To 'If you don't like it, hit the ignore button!'

:cry:

Stop getting so butt hurt, were ****ing talking hoops.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    For a rumor with no legs there is quite a bit of discussion here.

vCash
    The second you sign up for this site you sign up for the rules. You can't express certain opinions if your calling out posters. Trust me I get infracted for it all the time. Don't play the stupid freedom of speech card, you sound like you are 12.
    So do I lol... some things are better left unsaid.

vCash
    I think its more of PC thinking its only worth keeping a surefire stud/future all star if your not gonna throw him in the deal for Pau, and HE doesn't feel Shump is that guy. He obviously thinks Pau makes us a bonafide favorite. Him saying Shumpert as future HOFer was obviously an embellishment but it didn't mean he was putting words in YOUR mouth bro.
    And I respect that
    And I agree, because every starting PF in the league is an upgrade to Amar'e Stoudmire
    So let us all ignore this sarcasm and talk like real men because I was just saying that Iman is player with some unknown potential, we really do not know how good he can become in this system.. That is all I said.

vCash
    LOL. First it was 'This is a free country Mod, you can't tell me what to say or not say'

To 'If you don't like it, hit the ignore button!'

:cry:

Stop getting so butt hurt, were ****ing talking hoops.
    That's your view, you are just dick riding bro. Get over it man.

vCash

Its not like swapping for Amare for Pau people are saying we should trade him for scrubs. Pau is a 2x champion as the #2 option. He has had a sub par 2 years but there are just as many excuses for him as you come up with for Amare.

Its not like Amare has played well for us recently.

Pau still has game, just watch the dude in the Olympics. He goes toe to toe with Team USA as the #1 option and captain on the opposition.

Both Amare and Pau are currently in situations they don't fit. How do you utilize Amare's strengths in our lineup and the way we play?

We know he hurts defensively, hes not going to be our pick and roll guy, his main strength. Hes not going to be our featured elbow guy, his #2 go to weapon on offense. We are 2nd to last in pace, so were not running too many breaks, what he made his name in this league doing. He isn't known for moving the ball (he finishes off the ball movement, which Chandler does), which this team has thrived on at its best.

Before you say 'Amare is better PnR player than Tyson, I agree, but Amare can't run pick and rolls with Tyson's man in the paint, and Tyson can't shoot, so guess whos running the pick and rolls? And Tyson quarterbacks are defense, so he needs to be on the court.

Pau does all the things we need Amare to do. Rebound, pass, score with his back to the basket. Neither are great defenders but Pau has shown he can play championship level D. Pau can shoot just as good as Amare too.

If were not going to use Amare right for his strengths, and the Lakers aren't going to use Pau right for his strengths, and we want to make Amare do things Pau does on the reg, they want to make Pau do things Amare does on the reg.

Sounds like a match made in heaven.
    Amar'e should be the Primary pick and roll guy.. And I think Tyson can hit the little 12 footer at a decent enough clip to keep defenses honest.. I remember Turiaf wasnt a great shooter but he did it good enough to where it made space for Stat..

At the end of the day.. Woody had to game plan all off season for Amare and Melo.. I wouldnt trade Stoudemire until I get to see him and Melo work together under woody... After all.. When they did play together last season with Lin they were 8-1 under woody.. With impressive wins.. There is no reason why they cant do that with Woody and considerably better point guard play..

Point guard play is the key...

vCash
    Anyway, last thing I want to mention. I do agree with most of these post partially. I do believe that if the opportunity came we should trade Stat and Iman for Pau and fillers... But I just mentioned Iman's potential in this system.. I want Pau too, I think he can make this team complete in the 3 year window that we have.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post
    It didn't work man.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast