Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EnWhyKay View Post
    All valid points... But the Amare Melo combo hasn't had the chance to Gel or do anything.. You have to give those guys a chance.. Stoudemire deserves it.. He has been through a lot over the past year..

Plus he worked with Hakeem this summer... And has real point guards to get him the ball. I at least want to see what it looks like before I trade the guy..
    It's not just the Melo and Amar'e combo, you're forgetting about Chandler too.

I think we have enough of a sample size to determine that having all three on the court at the same time don't provide the best results.

If we want to play to the best of our potential, Amar'e either needs to come off the bench or be traded from this team... and if an ultra skilled big like Pau becomes available you try to make a move for him. A role player shouldn't get in the way of that

2014-2015 New York Knicks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    Cut out calling PC or any one else a troll. You're dead wrong there.

And not every one believes Iman has great potential or will return 100% so stop attacking others for having a different opinion.
    Well I did not mention great potential in anyway.. Iman is good and he proved it in the rookie season, and he has the work ethic to reach his potential. I can mention what I want and you are telling me to stop expressing my opinions.. So.. just ban me then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyKnicks126 View Post
    Well I did not mention great potential in anyway.. Iman is good and he proved it in the rookie season, and he has the work ethic to reach his potential. I can mention what I want and you are telling me to stop expressing my opinions.. So.. just ban me then?
    The second you sign up for this site you sign up for the rules. You can't express certain opinions if your calling out posters. Trust me I get infracted for it all the time. Don't play the stupid freedom of speech card, you sound like you are 12.

vCash
    Well it's not just my opinion..
    http://www.sexrev.org/wp-content/upl...men-square.jpg
    I am aloud to stand up for what I believe in. No matter what you think, stupid, smart, idiotic,or intelligent.
    You all can be against me, you may knock ME down, but my WORDS still stand.

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    The second you sign up for this site you sign up for the rules. You can't express certain opinions if your calling out posters. Trust me I get infracted for it all the time. Don't play the stupid freedom of speech card, you sound like you are 12.
    okay I respect your opinion and everthing.....but if you read the rules on this site you shouldn't insult other posters right?

vCash
    Your post is really childish to be honest with you.. I mentioned that Iman is a great defensive player and you mentioned that we are all overrating him.. How do you know his true potential? Do you have a magic ball that predicts that ****?
    Did I not say Iman was a great defensive player and a good starter? Just because I'm okay with dealing Iman doesn't mean I think he sucks.

But you and a lot of other posters seem to peg him as an untouchable player, which to me sounds like you're overrating him.

Hey, if you think Shump is a franchise piece to build around once our window closes, you have every right to believe that... just like I have every right to think he won't be a star in the league...

vCash
    I dont know if I would do this deal. Yeah Amare has one year more than Gasol left on his contract but they both have bad knees and Amare is actually slightly better on defense. I also think the fan base caters more towards Amare than Gasol.

vCash
    okay I respect your opinion and everthing.....but if you read the rules on this site you shouldn't insult other posters right?
    If you think I insulted you because I said you were overrating Iman, you need to grow some thicker skin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    Did I not say Iman was a great defensive player and a good starter? Just because I'm okay with dealing Iman doesn't mean I think he sucks.

But you and a lot of other posters seem to peg him as an untouchable player, which to me sounds like you're overrating him.

Hey, if you think Shump is a franchise piece to build around once our window closes, you have every right to believe that... just like I have every right to think he won't be a star in the league...
    This is where you are wrong, I actually didn't mind trading Iman in a package for Steve Nash so... And once again you are putting words in my mouth.. And I respect that, and I actually agree with that too, but not every starting five will have star players, you get me?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarvingKnick22 View Post
    Gasol+MWP+(Steve Blake or pick)
    for
    Stoudemire+Felton+Thomas
    LMAO

vCash
    If you think I insulted you because I said you were overrating Iman, you need to grow some thicker skin.
    Did I quote you?.. D said I am 12 oh well I will deal with the 'kids' problems.

vCash
    Sorry for having a different opinion than you.

You're right, we should never trade Shump under any circumstances. The **** was I thinking getting rid of a future HOF player?
    A 32 year old who clearly is not the same player he was 2 years ago. With reports coming out about bad knees and this is the same guy who let a rumor with his girlfriend just destroy his playoff performance 2 years ago, God forbid the media in New York ripping into this guy.

Who gives a **** if he is a future hall of famer? Vince Carters a future hall of famer, maybe we should trade Amare and Shumpert for him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarvingKnick22 View Post
    http://www.sexrev.org/wp-content/upl...men-square.jpg
    I am aloud to stand up for what I believe in. No matter what you think, stupid, smart, idiotic,or intelligent.
    You all can be against me, you may knock ME down, but my WORDS still stand.
    Words can't stand, do they have legs?

vCash
    Did Iquote you?.. D said I am 12 oh well I will deal with the 'kids' problems.
    I said the way you are acting right now, trying to bring up freedom of speech card and twist everyones words around to make them sound like they are trolling you for disagreeing with your opinion, makes you sound like you are 12.

PC did absolutely nothing wrong here, quit whining like he is some awful mod abusing his privileges.

For the record I wouldn't trade Shump for Gasol and think Shump has potential to be great. I'm not going to cry cause PC thinks hes nothing more than a glorified Ronnie Brewer.

vCash
    This is where you are wrong, I actually didn't mind trading Iman in a package for Steve Nash so... And once again you are putting words in my mouth.. And I respect that, and I actually agree with that too, but not every starting five will have star players, you get me?
    Well looking at it rationally, Amar'e for Gasol is just not a fair deal at all for LA. There is absolutely no incentive to make that deal. The only piece that would interest them is Iman.

I think Gasol would be a significant upgrade from Amar'e for our team and he's a better player across the boards. Plus, we have to compensate for the fact that Pau has a more team friendly contract. Overall, I think it's worth giving up Iman for those benefits.

As for the last point, then what's the point of hanging onto him? Once our window closes, we need to rebuild. As in accumulate draft picks while shedding salary. By then Iman would need a new contact and using Afflalo's contract as a framework, he'd be getting somewhere around 5 years/$40 million. Non-contending teams can't afford to waste $8 million on role players, it'd be crippling.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast