Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AKAYaReal View Post
    In any trade situation involving Gasol to any team I see being a 3 team trade. Other then Shump, Melo, and Tyson, everyone else on the team is a new contract so they cant be traded till December anyway.

If it means throwing in a White or Cope, then go for it. We need pieces that fit and need to let go of sentimental feelings. If Gasol can be a better overall fit, then look to see if a deal can be made.

Gasol could just really be tired of LA and Kobe and a change in atmosphere to a new contender can be just what he needs for a new spark in his game.

Gasol would also be better at playing C when sliding Melo back to PF.
    Cope and White have no value I mean NONE. There guys in their late 20's who are journeymen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    Pau Gasol
    $19,000,000
    Chris Duhon
    $3,680,000

Amare Stoudemire
    $19,948,799
    Iman Shumpert
    $1,680,360

I don't see a STAT/Gasol swap, that's stupid for the Lakers.
    That deal would give me so many mixed feelings.
    your sig is ****ing gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaMaravilla View Post
    Nooooo way....I love the way a lot of you hate on Stat and can predict how hes going to play when he gets back the same dudes who said Felton sucked Brewer is this and that, Stats a Knick and is going to stay a Knick get used to it
    "the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior"

We have a pretty damn large sample size with him, Melo, and Tyson. And its not good.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    "the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior"

We have a pretty damn large sample size with him, Melo, and Tyson. And its not good.
    exactly it's a gamble in itself throwing stat in there again with this team. Once people see Stat not boxing out and letting his man get by without effort all the Stat hate will continue imo. I just think Gasol brings more to the table overall. This trade probably won't happen but I would do it, even though I have a lot of respect for stat for putting us back on the map.

vCash
    No way I would give up Iman... Not even straight up for Gasol.... Maybe Novak... Novak would be perfect with that group..
    My team, my city.

vCash
    Its a trade we need to make. Whether that means we include a first or not, it has to get done.

We have options, we can reduce Chandlers minutes with the starters and let him pick and role with Felton when Melo goes to the bench in the second and 3rd quarter.

Ideally you start Felton, Kidd, Melo, Gasol, Chandler. If Melo's shot is going down early you leave it alone, if he is struggling you sub out Chandler and Felton and put in Smith and Novak/Brewer and play Gasol at the 5 and Melo at the 4. Then when they need a rest you get Felton and Chandler back in and let them pick and role. It works either way.

For those worried about spacing, yeah it will hurt Melo a little bit but Gasol's great passing should negate that and get Melo easy baskets. We would be a matchup night for teams like the Heat in the playoffs. Also Gasol is a bit slow now but Chandler or Melo can guard the 4s so it doesn't matter too much IMO.

vCash
    Stat/Novak/RayRay for Pau/Blake/filler

Pg - Kidd/Prigs
    Sg - Shump/Jr
    Sf - Melo/Brewer
    Pf - Pau/Sheed/kurt
    C - Tyson/sheed/camby

Peace out stat thanks for ONE half of a good year and "bringing us back " for 100 million
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    Hell yes

England's Number 1 Knick

vCash
    Yea let's trade away our only young promising piece in this trade. If it's Amare for Gasol straight up i wont even be mad. I actually want to see what Amare could do with the second unit, or just see what he can do period. But no way in HELL I would include Shump in any deal involving Gasol, then to get back DUHON

We are only 13 games in and people panic. It's comical. A 9 and 4 start is not bad. This team will go thru up's and down's it happens. We have to support our soldiers through the good and the bad. Yes we have flaws but until we are fully healthy, meaning STAT, SHUMP and Kidd then I cant judge this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Ewing33 View Post
    No way I would give up Iman... Not even straight up for Gasol.... Maybe Novak... Novak would be perfect with that group..
    The ridiculous overrating of Shump has to stop. He's a good starter with defensive capabilities, not a star in the making. At the end of the day, he can be replaced

I wouldn't lose any sleep if we have up Iman and Amare for Pau

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yungincome View Post
    Yea let's trade away our only young promising piece in this trade. If it's Amare for Gasol straight up i wont even be mad. I actually want to see what Amare could do with the second unit, or just see what he can do period. But no way in HELL I would include Shump in any deal involving Gasol, then to get back DUHON

We are only 13 games in and people panic. It's comical. A 9 and 4 start is not bad. This team will go thru up's and down's it happens. We have to support our soldiers through the good and the bad. Yes we have flaws but until we are fully healthy, meaning STAT, SHUMP and Kidd then I cant judge this team.
    I wouldn't make the trade because we lost a ge, I'd make a trade because Pau would be a much better fit than Amare

We are a win now team so if we have to deal Shump, so be it. We aren't building around him anyway and if we do we would be ****ing horrendous

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeTsGoNyKnIcKs View Post
    this is all BS.
    LAL is not doing it and even if they do it will take the knicks to give up a pick or a player like coopland or so.
    You would really care about "Coopland" going to the Lakers if we got Pau? You've gotta be kidding me man.

The rumor is BS though, has not been reported by any legitimate source, and even then, I wouldn't believe it for a second.

Dodger's fan talking to a bitter Red Sox fan after "the" trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    Look at the bright side, your great, great, great grandkids will get to see a boston world series in another hundred years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    I wouldn't make the trade because we lost a ge, I'd make a trade because Pau would be a much better fit than Amare

We are a win now team so if we have to deal Shump, so be it. We aren't building around him anyway and if we do we would be ****ing horrendous
    PC i totally overstand what you mean about the win now situation and how Gasol helps us now. Im just saying that we always trade away our picks and young players. The lakers always seem to rape everybody when they match up for a trade. I wouldn't just budge and throw in Shump cuz they ask for it. Can we win a trade for once? Can we ask for a pick? I mean STAT hasn't played one game yet and we are ready to ship him away? Yes I am a firm believer that him and Melo are not a good fit, but with the second unit it might work. I'll do the deal straight up and that's it. If they ask for Shump I say no way. Just my opinion. I'm in no way saying Shump will be a superstar but he does have potential to be something. The boy is not trash.

vCash
    Is there an update on Stats recovery? Is he shooting or something? I havent heard anything but an Xmas return

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyknicks33 View Post
    Is there an update on Stats recovery? Is he shooting or something? I havent heard anything but an Xmas return
    Shhh if you don't talk about it, it doesn't exist. That's the Knicks take on Amare right now, we won't worry about him until he actually appears.

Dodger's fan talking to a bitter Red Sox fan after "the" trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    Look at the bright side, your great, great, great grandkids will get to see a boston world series in another hundred years.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast