Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesown69 View Post
    Okay really? Making a very doubtful trade of Amar'e for Pau into a 3 team blockbuster? lol...
    Dont crap your pants Dolan its just for fun

vCash
    considering the source, I highly doubt theres any truth to this rumor. BUT if it did go down, I wouldnt want to lose Shump
    The Future is Now

vCash
    Better than talking about the Nets game I suppose....

vCash
    I believe that Gasol fits in much better with this team and vice-versa for Amare in LAL. However, I will say that a healthy Amare Stoudemaire *****$ all over Pau Gasol.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    u guys think amare doesn't play D, U shoulda seen Pau get baked for the game winner just now vs indi

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    Amare is a better player than Pau.

Well hopefully, because Pau Gasol is playing awful

vCash
    It's sad how big of a waste of talent Pau is. Do you really a 7'2" guy shooting 18 footers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyKnicks126 View Post
    It's a waste of time talking to him.. He puts words in your mouth.. WHO THE **** mentioned that Shumpert will be a HoF player.. I like your sarcasm PC keep it up man.
    Tell me about it... him and the other Knick mod just troll, and they are not even good at it.

vCash
    With Pau Gasol's recent struggles, it's natural to wonder whether the Lakers will trade him. The safer bet has them waiting to see how Gasol and the team perform once Steve Nash's leg is healthy.

If the Lakers do look to make a move before the Feb. 21 trade deadline, they would need to consider the trade bonus Gasol would be entitled to under his contract.

The straight math suggests that Gasol, who is under contract through 2013-14 for $38.3 million, would get a bonus of 15% of that amount, or $5.7 million, but the complicated rules of the league's collective bargaining agreement say otherwise.
    If a player's trade kicker would put him over the maximum salary, a different formula comes into play. In Gasol's case, his $19 million for the current season is just $136,000 short of the league maximum for a player with at least 10 years of experience, triggering the alternative computation.

But a provision in the collective bargaining agreement complicates matters even further.

The maximum for Gasol is actually 105% of his 2011-12 salary, which was $18.7 million. According to salary cap expert Larry Coon, the most Gasol can receive in bonus, per year, is the difference between what he currently makes, $19 million, and 105% of last year's $18.7 million, or $19.6 million, even though that exceeds the 10-year maximum.

All that makes Gasol's available bonus about $650,000. Since Gasol has two years in total left on his contract, his total potential bonus would be double that figure, or $1.3 million.

So instead of the 15% bonus written in his contract, Gasol is eligible for a bonus of only 3.4% should the Lakers trade him by the deadline.
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...,4922893.story

Just FYI

vCash
    nothing worst than a chump 7 footer.. Kobe's called him out several times for being soft.
    The Future is Now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by micks4real View Post
    nothing worst than a chump 7 footer.. Kobe's called him out several times for being soft.
    Yup, Gasol can stay in LA. If Amare comes back and he sucks then maybe we consider moving him. But for now just hold off.
    Future Ace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I still think spacing would be an issue even if Tyson was hitting the jumper consistently. 12 feet is different than 15-18 feet, especially with an uncomfortable shooter out there who needs to take his time to set and release. Its definitely not a quick pop.

I wouldn't make any trade for Amare, but I don't view Pau as any trade. In my view thats a great trade to make. Popular consensus is that Pau is a better player, and at the very least hes a more skilled player who seems like a close to perfect fit at the 4 for this team. Its very hard to imagine Amare being a better fit than Pau is right now, no matter what magic Hakeem MIGHT have taught him.

I don't think were in disagreement with the trade at hand.
    The same way you felt Lin would be better than Felton for this team right?... There is no way to tell unless you give the man a chance to get on the court...

vCash
    I want to remind EVERYONE of this article from only 2 years ago: http://t.co/55UZbdtd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick_Fever View Post
    3-way trade:

Lakers get: Amare, Steve Novak, J.R. Smith, Leandro Barbosa, James White

Celtics get: Gasol, Shumpert, 1st round pick (from LA)

Knicks get: Garnett, Pierce, 1st round pick (from LA)

I like it but doubt the numbers will work
    Can't see the Knicks wanting Pierce or Boston dealing him.

vCash
    I like Gasol but doubt the Knicks trade Amare who I would rather have. Lakers are desperate because Dumbtoni is in LA and losing and he can't coach big men. LA fans will be surprised that he can't coach at all. They will do better with Nash back but with Dumbtoni as coach the rest of the NBA is safe.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast