Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash

yup

You saw that last night few times...the bigs would show out on the perimeter and nobody rotated to deal with the other team's roll guy...some of the defensive issues are partly the guards not the front line all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    A lot of this is because Derons defense has been bad. He can't stay infront of his man so if brook or hump doesn't come up to protect the rim the PG will score easy. Its either try and block the PG which they did and then the PG will just feed the big rolling to the basket. Deron has to play better if his offense is going to be like this at least give 100% on defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85:24482368
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    A lot of this is because Derons defense has been bad. He can't stay infront of his man so if brook or hump doesn't come up to protect the rim the PG will score easy. Its either try and block the PG which they did and then the PG will just feed the big rolling to the basket. Deron has to play better if his offense is going to be like this at least give 100% on defense.
    I thought dwill's defense has been pretty good... lopez is just too sloow
    Deron was terrible at getting thru on the PnR. His man defense has been solid but he is a big reason why our bigs including Evans get hung out to dry on PnR

vCash
    I don't think Hump is a bad PF for us. Hes not great at defense but he hustles and knows his role on offense and never tries to do more than he's capable of. And then off the bench we have the defensive rebounder in Evans that we need next to Lopez so I think its fine. Maybe next year when he's an expiring contract they can work out a trade centered around his money.
    Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D2theJ View Post
    I don't think Hump is a bad PF for us. Hes not great at defense but he hustles and knows his role on offense and never tries to do more than he's capable of. And then off the bench we have the defensive rebounder in Evans that we need next to Lopez so I think its fine. Maybe next year when he's an expiring contract they can work out a trade centered around his money.
    that will probably happen at the trade deadline of this season
    [

vCash
    Hump is the exact opposite of Lopez. He has the strenght, quickness and athleticism to be a great defender down low but he has Carmelo Anthony syndrome on defense. Too many mental mistakes. When he feels like it(whenever we play Blake Griffin) he shines defensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Hump is the exact opposite of Lopez. He has the strenght, quickness and athleticism to be a great defender down low but he has Carmelo Anthony syndrome on defense. Too many mental mistakes. When he feels like it(whenever we play Blake Griffin) he shines defensively.
    he also has short arms which hurt him from being disruptive
    [

vCash
    he played majority of the 3rd quarter......evans was more effective....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    he also has short arms which hurt him from being disruptive
    He's got a wing span of 7'0.5'' feet and a standing reach of 8'10.5'' feet. Thats a bigger reach than LeBron who is the same height. On what planet is that considered short?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    He's got a wing span of 7'0.5'' feet and a standing reach of 8'10.5'' feet. Thats a bigger reach than LeBron who is the same height. On what planet is that considered short?
    thats funny because when you watch him on tv it really does look like his arms are a little short.

vCash

HUMP benched entire 2nd half!!

Thats because he is jacked

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    I thought dwill's defense has been pretty good... lopez is just too sloow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pYNn7bMzmQ

It is not Lopez fault this same play has been happening all year. look at 1:36

My one problem with Lopez this year is that injury clearly changed his jumpshot he doesn't even bend his knees when he shoots anymore so his jumper is not as good as its been in previous years. His freethrow shooting is also taking a toll. I believe this is all because of that injury

vCash
    Definitely not Lopez's fault when Deron lets his man get past him and Lopez has to rotate to prevent an easy layup and then they drop it off to Tyson for a slam.

vCash
    We need a legit PF. Of course Josh Smith comes to mind but too expensive any ideas?
    Gamertag 360: I Play Bald (Add It!)
    Twitter: @RSchnyderite10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisf975 View Post
    Definitely not Lopez's fault when Deron lets his man get past him and Lopez has to rotate to prevent an easy layup and then they drop it off to Tyson for a slam.
    I have a serious question 'cause I have notice that in the few games I am able to watch, but I just assume that those plays were rare. Are these the plays everyone is getting on Lopez? There are times that I wish Lopez would move his butt more, but most of the time I like his hustle and his disguist when he does something wrong. I need to order an NBA package and stop reading some of these posts.
    Ballin-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    thats funny because when you watch him on tv it really does look like his arms are a little short.
    Kris Humphries, LeBron and Blake Griffin are basically all the same height (6'8-6'8.5'') and Hump has a bigger reach and wing span than both of those guys.

Just for fun athleticism comparison

BLAKE VS HUMP

Blakes wingspan measures in at 6 feet 11 inches and standing reach of 8 feet 9 inches.
    Kris Humphries wingspan comes in at 7 feet 5 inches standing reach of 8 feet 10.5 inches

Max Vertical
    Blake=-35 inches
    Hump=36.5 inches

No step Vertical
    Blake= 32 inches
    Hump= 29.5 inches

Bench Press

Blake=22 reps
    Hump=22 reps

Lane Agility
    Blake=10.95
    Hump=11.33

3/4 court sprints
    Blake= 3.28 secs
    Hump= 3.20 secs

Hump like I said has all the tools to be a pitbull defender down like a Chuck Hayes, Carl Landry or even Blake Griffin who has turned the corner defensively but he only does it when he wants.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/blake-griffin-1268/

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...es-2903/stats/
    Last edited by waveycrockett; 11-28-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast