Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    vCash
    Packers game because of the bigger come back and better opponent but wow is it close lol. We just need to play this division more often haha. Each game except the Bears game has been close.

Lucks on our side

vCash
    Both games are big wins. The Packer game launched the team to believing it would contend and I think this game proves they can win on the road.

vCash
    What's funny (or not) is i was planning on making an 'are we overrating andrew luck' thread if we would have lost this game today. This game pretty much convinced me that we're rating him pretty well right now. I think he's a fringe top 10 QB RIGHT NOW.
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    What's funny (or not) is i was planning on making an 'are we overrating andrew luck' thread if we would have lost this game today. This game pretty much convinced me that we're rating him pretty well right now. I think he's a fringe top 10 QB RIGHT NOW.
    I think he has two limitations right now. Experience and the Oline. As long as the line improves along with him, he'll be at the top.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolms View Post
    I think he has two limitations right now. Experience and the Oline. As long as the line improves along with him, he'll be at the top.
    What i don't like, given the state of the oline, is how often we ask him to throw deep. He's put in a vulnerable position too many times.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Fleener:

I've gotten mixed reviews on The Jackhammer TD dance...In more important news: -Andrew Luck is damn good. -THE @NFLCOLTS ARE 8-4! -Go Colts!
    https://twitter.com/CobyFleener/stat...72786506162176

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    What i don't like, given the state of the oline, is how often we ask him to throw deep. He's put in a vulnerable position too many times.
    Agreed. I'm not expecting significant improvement from the line until next season. It appears to me that Luck has a stubborn streak similar to Manning. He likes to gamble and go long. I often thought Manning got stubborn trying to orchestrate the perfect play.

vCash
    Just to add, I just don't understand why we go away from the quick slants for what seems like the middle two quarters....then in the forth it dawns on them that those work and we turn into a well oiled machine. I've been calling for this day one and would like to see many more intermediate throws which is where Reggie has made a career....quick slants, back shoulder throws, curl routes etc. are something that should be in almost every drive at some point with our offense....the screens and bombs are nice, but we get away from what should be our bread and butter for long stints. We need to keep the D honest and make them choose to jump routes get beat deep or give a cushion and let us dink and dunk them to death rather than trying to force our will on them.

Great win though...In crunch time Luck just has a switch that turns on that I haven't seen much of....especially this early in a career.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 12-02-2012 at 07:20 PM.

vCash
    Both games are big wins. The Packer game launched the team to believing it would contend and I think this game proves they can win on the road.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

#iubb

vCash
    What a damn finish. 4 more games left, would love to finish with 10 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    Josh is like sex, but better
    Follow me on Twitter! @ josh_the_truth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Just to add, I just don't understand why we go away from the quick slants for what seems like the middle two quarters....then in the forth it dawns on them that those work and we turn into a well oiled machine. I've been calling for this day one and would like to see many more intermediate throws which is where Reggie has made a career....quick slants, back shoulder throws, curl routes etc. are something that should be in almost every drive at some point with our offense....the screens and bombs are nice, but we get away from what should be our bread and butter for long stints. We need to keep the D honest and make them choose to jump routes get beat deep or give a cushion and let us dink and dunk them to death rather than trying to force our will on them.

Great win though...In crunch time Luck just has a switch that turns on that I haven't seen much of....especially this early in a career.
    Luck did throw one pick, maybe 2 (i dont remember), on a quick slant. and picks on quick slants usually result in TD's the other way.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    "We're looking at a guy that may very well end up in 10 years being the greatest ever" - @TDESPN on @SportsCenter regarding Andrew Luck
    https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/275403264097411073

TDESPN is Dilfer.

<3

vCash
    holy **** what a win.

vCash
    This certainly won't help Suh's reputation:

And here's the thing that made it even sweeter, a thing you may have missed while watching on TV: On a Don Carey interception with 6:40 to play, Ndamukong Suh laid out Colts right tackle Winston Justice, who left the game with a concussion. Worse, Suh and his teammates stood over Justice and laughed and danced.

After the game, the Colts tough-minded right guard, Mike McGlynn, was still spitting mad. In fact, he didn't run into the end zone to celebrate. He was too busy jawing with Suh and some other Lions.

"Totally ignorant on their part," McGlynn said. "Just childish stuff. We're all battling out there; I don't know if the hit was legal or not, but clearly he was hurt, and they're out there dancing and pointing at him and laughing. Just blatant disrespect. They're good players but there's no room for that. It's disgusting, really.

"If that had happened to one of their players, we'd never do something like that. But that's what makes this even sweeter. That's why they lose. I hope they never win another game."
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...pires/1741037/

<3

vCash
    Andrew Luck is a bloody hero! How many 4th quarter come from behind wins is this now?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast