Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Are the Giants and Packers becoming rivals?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 54.55%
  • No

    4 36.36%
  • Undecided

    1 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    6,265
    vCash
    1500

    Are the Packers and Giants becomming a rivalry?

    Simple question. I'm having an argument with a fellow Giants fan on Facebook who I have a mutual dislike for cuz I used to slap him around at community college so now he continues to carry a grudge.

    He says these teams aren't rivals and if the.Giants are out of the playoffs he roots for the Packers so how can they be rivals if he can root for them. His gf is a Packers fan which I told him makes him bias and he called me an ignorant *******.

    Just want to see what REAL Giants fans think.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    6,265
    vCash
    1500
    My argument is the big games between the teams over the past 5 or so years, the media and fan hype as well as the trash talk. He says my logic is terrible.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    909
    vCash
    1500
    ^ Agreed.

    In my honest opinion, the only true rivals we have are the Skins, Cowboys and Iggles. Rivalries can develop and dissipate with different eras, but I honestly don't consider GB a true rival.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,899
    vCash
    1500
    Hmmm....close but not quite would be my answer. There might be something brewing though if we meet in the playoffs again this year. It's close. 2 classic franchises.

    But really our rivalries are in the division, the Jets, the Patriots and the Niners which was big in the 80's-90's and now has revived.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    18,373
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Hmmm....close but not quite would be my answer. There might be something brewing though if we meet in the playoffs again this year. It's close. 2 classic franchises.

    But really our rivalries are in the division, the Jets, the Patriots and the Niners which was big in the 80's-90's and now has revived.
    I agree.

    This Packers rivalry is starting to brew, but its not quite there yet.

    This year we might meet in the playoffs though, so who knows.

    I will say this though...when I think rival...I think about a team that I absolutely DO NOT want to see win the SB. If the Giants are eliminated...I could care less about whether the Packers win or not.

    However, if the Cowboys, Eagles, or Jets win I will be furious. Maybe thats just a more personal thing with my feelings toward those teams.
    DUDA


    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

    with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,254
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I agree.

    This Packers rivalry is starting to brew, but its not quite there yet.

    This year we might meet in the playoffs though, so who knows.

    I will say this though...when I think rival...I think about a team that I absolutely DO NOT want to see win the SB. If the Giants are eliminated...I could care less about whether the Packers win or not.

    However, if the Cowboys, Eagles, or Jets win I will be furious. Maybe thats just a more personal thing with my feelings toward those teams.
    I actually like the Packers, always have. Of course not when we are playing them, but otherwise, I don't mind if they win. Definitely see a good rivalry building. Really don't like San Fran, hate to see them doing well..

    NFC East hatred runs deep. As far as the Jets, I only root against them right now, as I hate pretty much every player on the team, and Rex as well. Besides that, I feel bad for my suffering friends that have the misfortune of being fans..

    Seems odd, though, that pretty much every team we beat, has a few players come out and say something like "well, they really didn't beat us, we beat us". Giants apparently are the luckiest team in the league. Better to be lucky then good, I always say...
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 12-03-2012 at 10:18 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I agree.

    This Packers rivalry is starting to brew, but its not quite there yet.

    This year we might meet in the playoffs though, so who knows.

    I will say this though...when I think rival...I think about a team that I absolutely DO NOT want to see win the SB. If the Giants are eliminated...I could care less about whether the Packers win or not.

    However, if the Cowboys, Eagles, or Jets win I will be furious. Maybe thats just a more personal thing with my feelings toward those teams.
    I actually wouldn't mind if the Eagles win tone super bowl, but as for the packers, saints, steelers, falcons, cowboys, redskins, jets, patriots, 49ers, or the Ravens, I refuse to see their players hoist the Lombardi trophy IMO, and here's why I personally feel this way: still hate the ravens for the beatdown back in 2000...cowboys, steelers, 49ers, falcons & jets are overrated teams that will make me puke if super bowl was mentioned with them...saints, packers, redskins, 49ers, or Patriots are successful & great teams that I would envy if they won the whole dang thang.....the reason why I say Eagles is because if they at least win one, the NFC East would be the 1st division to have all 4 members to win at least 1 super bowls, and then our division could take bragging rights haha, but after they win one, i don't want to see them get in it again
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    the media will embrace the E. Manning Vs. Rodgers like they do with P. Manning Vs. Brady
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    201
    Posts
    3,150
    vCash
    1500
    I think it's developing. I look forward to playing the Packers like I look forward to playing the Cowboys. Hate both. I think it's just a trend that we've been playing them so often, though.

    Huge games every time we play them. Eli always brings his A Game vs. them.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    9,125
    vCash
    1500
    I would of loved to see you slap around people smaller than you because I always enjoyed slapping people like you around

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    6,265
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    I would of loved to see you slap around people smaller than you because I always enjoyed slapping people like you around
    Where did I ever say he was smaller than me and what did I do that you always have snide remarks for me?

    The kid was a class A douche, always trying to come up with wise crack comments so I let him know the deal and he didn't like the results. The fact that you don't know me and are trying to portray me as a bully is hilarious when you are more of a bully to your fellow Giants fans calling them "idiots" when they make borderline dumb comments.

    People on this board say things I disagree with all the time and I'm sure others disagree as well, but nobody but you ever chastises them for it by calling them names.

    But thank you for actually doing what I wanted and answering the question after you had to throw in your tough guy 2 cents.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    9,125
    vCash
    1500
    To answer the topic, I can definitely see it happening. Two QB's in their prime, 7 years left or so for each barring injuries. Similar to Brady and Peyton.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    5,743
    vCash
    1500
    I wouldn't consider it a rivalry at this point.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    16,904
    vCash
    1500
    I dont think so. There are only two teams I genuinely dislike and thats the Cowboys and Eagles.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    26
    vCash
    1500
    I would say Giants/49ers is more of a rivalry than Giants/Packers. The Giants are just a team the Packers can't beat,same goes for the Patriots. Even the game GB beat the Giants last year they needed help from the refs. Here are the reasons I thinks Giants/49ers is a rivalry.

    •The missed call by the refs at the end of the game that resulted in the 49ers knocking the Giants out of the playoffs!

    •Giants get redemption last year by ruining 49ers chances of winning a Super Bowl!

    •Giants/49ers is a rugged smash-mouth type of game,every time.

    •49ers sign Jacobs and Manningham away from Giants.

    •Giants are public enemy #1 in SF.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •