Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Drummond ranked 4, singler 7 on espn insider

This post is from last weeks espn ranking this week drummond is ranked 3.
    So all the complainers talking about idk how to post a link...lions fan clearly stated espn doesn't allow links to be posted in this forum. So the link was rite just not allowed, so i found a outside link from a week ago but not the original one from this week.

link: http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2012/1...ookie-rankings

story below

David Thorpe calls early play of Andre Drummond the biggest rookie surprise of the young NBA season.

For the past several years David Thorpe, a former athletic trainer and basketball analyst for Scouts Inc. has assessed each new season's crop of NBA rookies and ranked the top 50.

In his latest analysis he has several nice things to say about Detroit Pistons rookies Andre Drummond and Kyle Singer. The players rated fourth and seventh overall, respectively, in Thorpe's rankings.

The content is from ESPN Insider (subscription required) so I'll just excerpt a small piece of the info.

As many Pistons fans can relate Thorpe has been pleasantly surprised by Drummond's early progress after he seemed like a long-term project that would take several years to develop.

In calling Drummond the biggest surprise player coming out of college, Thorpe tries to explain why a player with iffy stats is able to play so effectively:

Cut to Detroit, though, and we see him playing with energy and athleticism on almost every play. That part of the game is easier for him now in part because the floor is spaced so much better in the NBA. The game is wider now, and his teammates are pros, not teenagers. So even though the Pistons are a bad team, they still understand the importance of spacing and playing under control.

The games are also officiated tighter in the NBA, meaning Drummond can't be pushed around the same way he was in college. It's a hard concept for fans to digest, but the college game is more physical than the pro game because it is allowed to be. The men in the NBA are stronger, naturally, but the game is cleaner, which allows a player like Drummond, who has not developed "man strength" yet, to make plays inside the paint and above the rim more easily now than before.

In other words, he has been good and we should expect him to get much, much better.

In discussing Singler, Thorpe uses familiar words like "solid," "steady" and "excellent shot selection."

Detroit might be the league's worst team right now, but the Pistons have to be happy with the play of Singler. His play thus far screams "steady" and, since he has significant upside as a shooter, he looks to have a real chance at being a solid rotation player. He leads all rookies in true shooting percentage (.686) thanks to excellent shot selection. Singler is going to be part of the solution in Detroit, not part of the problem.

Kim English ranks 22nd in this year's list. Last year, Brandon Knight finished No. 12, Greg Monroe finished third in 2010 and in 2009 Jonas Jerebko finished No. 12 an Austin Daye finished No. 29.

vCash
    Stop it

vCash
    Shut up & actually contribute to this forum instead of whining QUOTE=Blink:24476339]Stop it[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 11-27-2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: no need for the insults

vCash
    I posted for everyone except the shyfly crew to be able to see since the link couldn't be posted.

vCash
    lol @ the shyfly crew

honestly I have no problem with Mike posting these Drum updates, but maybe they could all be in the same thread?

vCash
    Yeah I'm starting to think that might be necessary but I'll decide that later when I'm fully awake.

As for this its good to see Andre getting some attention.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

vCash
    Im all for a Pistons Rookie watch thread. We do have 5 of them. Lol

vCash
    Lol at angry mike.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Im all for a Pistons Rookie watch thread. We do have 5 of them. Lol
    I had one, but I think *someone* (LFL) deleted it, he's a racist though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Deception View Post
    I had one, but I think *someone* (LFL) deleted it, he's a racist though
    Look again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Look again
    Thanks... Now get rid of that ugly red in your sig

vCash
    I wish I could. I lost a sig bet

vCash
    Why isn't this post padding thread in the rookie thread?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike 810 View Post
    I posted for everyone except the shyfly crew to be able to see since the link couldn't be posted.
    Poor Mike... I haven't been here that long, but I feel for you man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike 810 View Post
    Shut up & actually contribute to this forum instead of whining QUOTE=Blink:24476339]Stop it

Get em' Mike! But try to quote properly. It's nice to see Singler #7 I think he should be higher up though. He's not playing like a rookie.

Get this guy the ball!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast