Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Price was easily better than Lester in 2011, I don't know how rWAR could possibly have Lester better. He crushed Lester in pretty much every category except era by .02. Much better K rate, BB rate, FIP, fWAR, way more innings pitched. Lester has declined 4 straight years, and you have to wonder if he ever gets back to 2008-2010 form. I think he will bounce back next year, but if he doesn't he will have no value with 1 year left, which is an expensive option year.
    The difference is far less than you think. Even with FG, the scale tips to Price by 1 win in 2011... but the difference is much less for 2012 and Lester still leads in the 4yr span by a comfortable margin.

B-R
    2009: Price* = 0.7; Lester = 5.9
    2010: Price = 4.4; Lester = 4.9
    2011: Price = 2.4; Lester = 4.1
    2012: Price = 6.4; Lester = 0.4

FG
    2009: Price = 1.3; Lester = 6.4
    2010: Price = 4.1; Lester = 5.8
    2011: Price = 4.7; Lester = 3.7
    2012: Price = 5.1; Lester = 3.3

23 starts
    Last edited by RedSoxtober; 11-27-2012 at 10:06 AM.

vCash
    Rob Bradford reported that it would include OF help going to KC, and pitching coming to Boston.

I'd imagine that means Ryan Sweeney, Ryan Kalish, or Daniel Nava.

The question is: Who's the pitching coming back? Would it be something marginal like Felipe Paulino? Or someone with higher upside like Odorizzi, or Montgomery?
    Here's to feeling good all the time.

vCash
    I'd include Brentz to get a better pitcher, I don't know who on the Royals would qualify. Myers would make Brentz redundant though, and a trade candidate.
    Brentz K rate at AAA was 25% so yes he'd be redundant. I think he's redundant regardless. He's at best a bench bat in the majors and that's only due to the fact that he's got some pop. I love the idea of getting Myers but there would have to be more included coming back I would think. Odorizzi is injured and outside of that the next top arm in their system according to Fangraphs is Yordani Ventura in A+/AA.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quinnjack View Post
    Rob Bradford reported that it would include OF help going to KC, and pitching coming to Boston.

I'd imagine that means Ryan Sweeney, Ryan Kalish, or Daniel Nava.

The question is: Who's the pitching coming back? Would it be something marginal like Felipe Paulino? Or someone with higher upside like Odorizzi, or Montgomery?
    Odrizzi, Lamb, Montgomery (He's fallen off the face of the planet). That's probably the order here. Though really Odorizzi is injured as well.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Wil Myers is a dream! Just him alone demands Lester/Brentz and a pitching spec like Workman/Raunado

vCash
    If we pull this off Im gonna get wet thinking of WMB/Myers combo for years to come. Ben if u let Tampa get him I'll kill you! Lol

vCash
    Brentz isn't a bench bat. He could be but I bet he'll at least be a platoon guy. And I'm low on him.

Lester/Brentz/De La Cruz for Myers/Ventura

Ventura throws gas and may stay a starter but I think he may be too much. Maybe Montgomery instead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PapelbonLester View Post
    If we pull this off Im gonna get wet thinking of WMB/Myers combo for years to come. Ben if u let Tampa get him I'll kill you! Lol
    Forget WMB it will be a Myers Bogaerts combo.

Bradley
    Pedroia
    Bogaerts
    Myers
    WMB

That foundation by next year. Insane

vCash
    I am actually a bit surprised of how many user would make that deal without thinking twice about it. I mean, Lester is still relatively young. If we can extend him - and I doubt he's after a record breaking deal - it's a win in itself.
    Actually, it's tough to make the trade without further information. If Lester is gone, who's on our radar as a replacement?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    I am actually a bit surprised of how many user would make that deal without thinking twice about it. I mean, Lester is still relatively young. If we can extend him - and I doubt he's after a record breaking deal - it's a win in itself.
    Actually, it's tough to make the trade without further information. If Lester is gone, who's on our radar as a replacement?
    I would've said Josh Johnson but I think we'd go hard after Sanchez and Haren via free agency.

Otherwise you just wait for the farm. Hopefully one of Barnes RDLR or Webster can fill his shoes eventually. There's no ace to trade for. Depending on his season I could see us signing Halladay next offseason for a couple of years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    He is young but Myers is a franchise player. Easily the 3rd best hitter on our team @ 22!!!!. If I was Ben is do it sign Sanchez Haren and Swisher/Napoli for 1st. Then Boom the Sox are contenders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PapelbonLester View Post
    He is young but Myers is a franchise player. Easily the 3rd best hitter on our team @ 22!!!!. If I was Ben is do it sign Sanchez Haren and Swisher/Napoli for 1st. Then Boom the Sox are contenders
    Yeah, our killer SS, C, Gomes's platoon mate, the oft injured Ellsbury

and

glued together SP staff and holes at RP?

I might say promising, but automatic contender with a rookie phenom in Boston.... come on.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I just feel like with this deal we should move other players, like Ellsbury and Buchholz.

The deal with Lester/Myers will most likely include Frenchy. Why?? It'd be a salary dump.

Load up on as many prospects as possible.

Also maybe to replace Lester... An Ellsbury+ for Linceum and Belt??

vCash
    I wonder where our system would rank if we got Myers. I'd think top 5 at least.
    No doubt,
    The Red Sox system is dam good right now and will continue to get better assuming they don't lose any of their picks for FA's. I did work for the minors over this summer, saw Myers a few times and he is good but also he is very very hard on himself. I am not just saying "he can hit the ball", I am saying that he has a great feel for the game but when he tends to mess up or do something wrong he will let it be known. He has a temper and a fire that you wnt to see in a potential all star.

vCash
    Could be trading Lester for a future Dallas McPherson, or Lester for a future Manny Ramirez. Its a gamble. But if the Sox are in full rebuild mode, which we are, then why not start the conversation with Lester for Myers, and then go from there. Who else could we get for Lester? And what other team would want Lester, knowing how much he makes and will probably demand in a couple years? No other team out there would be willing to give up what we would want for Lester. And any other team out that can afford Lester would not have the prospects we want in return.
    Yes, a straight 1 for 1 trade should not happen, but it is definitely a good starting point to start over as a club.
    You never know, this may be a precursor for an Ells/#2 SP trade coming up.

If you're going after Myers with Lester, why not try to trade Lester to Texas for Andrus+++? Then trade Ells for some pitching?

Anyways, I like the prospect of Wil Myers in a sox uniform.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast