Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Bagwell and Lavigne each make good points... seems like a big roll of the dice, to me. Hard to pick a side on this one. (let alone not making much sense from a small market perspective)

I will say this --- If the Sox don't plan to make any other major signings/trades to turn this team into a championship contender in the next 2 seasons, we might as well trade two meaningless years of Lester (even if he is good) for a #1 spec who could grow and begin to hit his prime as the team progresses.
    DodgersGM ‏@DodgersGM
    Josh Beckett grounds out to right field. #Dodgers #Cardinals

vCash
    Plus I can dream right. I am imagining a world where JBJ, Bogaerts, and Meyers all pan out

Putting a lineup out there of

JBJ
    Pedroia
    Bogaerts
    Meyers
    Middlebrooks

fun to dream
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Im so on the fence with this trade idea. I feel like if this trade or some sort of deal around them goes down.

We need to move Ellsbury. I still think an Ellsbury for Teheran and Minor is another great trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Good choice of words, 142 K's for a top prospect is sickening.
    It's funny. Will Middlebrooks struck out 449 times in 416 minor league games, and he doesn't walk at all, yet people are vehemently against trading him. People are salivating over Stanton who struck out 372 times in 328 minor league games. But Wil Myers, who struck out 339 times in 381 games, including less K's then games in AAA, is sickening. It's high and he needs to work on cutting it down, but you guys are acting like he's striking out like Dunn or Mark Reynolds or Stanton.
    Last edited by -Lavigne43-; 11-26-2012 at 11:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    It's funny. Will Middlebrooks struck out 449 times in 416 minor league games, and he doesn't walk at all, yet people are vehemently against trading him. People are salivating over Stanton who struck out 372 times in 328 minor league games. But Wil Myers, who struck out 339 times in 381 games, including less K's then games in AAA, is sickening. It's high and he needs to work on cutting it down, but you guys are acting like he's striking out like Dunn or Mark Reynolds.
    word exactly

honestly I don't have a problem with this at all really. I mean everyone here seems to agree were probably not going to the WS in the next 2 years. This is a huge transition period.

Hell if there are two trades I wish we could pull, it would be this one, and sending Buchholz, Iglesias, Bard, and Kalish to the D-Backs for Justin Upton.

Hell you would essentially have the outfield set, Meyers in LF, Ellsbury then JBJ in CF, and Upton in RF

Rotation would need some filler positions, but we would have a lot of money and prospects the next 2 years to help acquire SPs
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Myers has been playing CF in the minors, and scouting reports say he could be average there defensively in the majors. He has a great arm, so RF is the fit.

vCash
    Wtf? Do it
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    I would do Lester for Myers + Ventura right now no quesiton.

vCash
    Now that I've actually have had time to process all this "trade stuff", I think I would actually do this trade right now while Lester still has value. It could plummet to the point where we might get stuck with another "Lillibridge + Stewart package" instead of cashing in at the right time.

Do it, our rotation will take a blow but I trust Ben and co. have a plan.

vCash
    I'd do this..

If the sox were legit contenders? i'd hold onto lester but thats simply not the case..

Red sox are gearing up for '14 or '15. By than? Lester will be 31. Why not get a possible piece to the puzzle for when we all plan to be contenders once again?

Another few things to look at..

* Lester has declined for the past couple seasons. What happens with another 4.0 ERA? His value will go down the drain.
    * I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to move on anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPBoston View Post
    Bagwell and Lavigne each make good points... seems like a big roll of the dice, to me. Hard to pick a side on this one. (let alone not making much sense from a small market perspective)

I will say this --- If the Sox don't plan to make any other major signings/trades to turn this team into a championship contender in the next 2 seasons, we might as well trade two meaningless years of Lester (even if he is good) for a #1 spec who could grow and begin to hit his prime as the team progresses.
    I agree JP. Btw how you been.Haven't seen you here in a while.

vCash
    Like the deal, but would like to see them grab another position player prospect for Lester along with Meyers.

Invest the money that is coming off the books for Lester in Haren, Maybe grab an Anibel Sanchez or someone else. As Lester for Haren is not much of a downgrade considering they put up about equal numbers in 2011 and 2012. Plus you get Wil Meyers also. I would like to see them deal Ellsbury for a young pitcher too, but doubt it happens this offseason, maybe the trade deadline.

You do have De La Roas ready next year, Webster ready in 2 years, and Barnes ready in about 2 1/2 years. So they could spare some pitching if they pick up a FA on the short and cheap.

vCash
    Serious question, how would people feel if we traded Lester for Myers then picked up Greinke?

vCash
    Greinke is irrelevant to me, dont want him period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Greinke is irrelevant to me, dont want him period.
    Agree.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast