Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    but lester was not a top of the rotation pitcher last year. dont get me wrong, he's good, but not good enough to get a 300 hitter that can potentially hit 30-40 homeruns a year. plus lester will come with less control and a higher price tag. i would think the royals would want someone that is young and has 4-6 years of control still left.
    So Lester is not good enough but a prospect who has yet to prove anything at the MLB level will be a .300 hitter and hit 40 bombs? I love your logic. Also, pitching is at a premium, when was the last time a #1 SP with 4-6 years of control was traded? I honestly can't remember.

vCash
    but lester was not a top of the rotation pitcher last year. dont get me wrong, he's good, but not good enough to get a 300 hitter that can potentially hit 30-40 homeruns a year. plus lester will come with less control and a higher price tag. i would think the royals would want someone that is young and has 4-6 years of control still left.
    This is the key word in the whole thing. With Lester you know what your getting with your "#1 prospect in baseball" (I'd take Profar & Walker over him) you have no idea. The kid could become the player you hope or tank and never make it.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Ellsbury is not even worth a good #3 SP unless he has one year of control left. A #1? No.

And does anyone believe Haren is a good bet to be the #1 year in year out in Boston?
    Never said Ellsubry alone was worth a #1, obviously ther'd have to be more involved for that to happen. As far as Haren goes, could he be the #1 year in and year out? probably not, could Haren be the #1 for 1-2 years? possibly

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    20GP / 9G / 13A / 1.1PPG / +20

vCash

so you think the number 1 prospect in baseball with 6 years of control is worth only jon lester... who has already been defined as, at best, a #2 pitcher by his 6 years of experience in the big leagues?
    Wait, why are we talking about Profar here? Let's keep this discussion to just a Top 5 prospect in Wil Myers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    This is the key word in the whole thing. With Lester you know what your getting with your "#1 prospect in baseball" (I'd take Profar & Walker over him) you have no idea. The kid could become the player you hope or tank and never make it.

Never said Ellsubry alone was worth a #1, obviously ther'd have to be more involved for that to happen. As far as Haren goes, could he be the #1 year in and year out? probably not, could Haren be the #1 for 1-2 years? possibly
    Midseason Callis had Myers #3 behind Profar and Bundy, Goldstein had him #2 behind Profar, Law had him #4 behind Profar, Bundy, and Machado who has graduated.

vCash

Wait, we know exactly what we're getting from Lester? Because I'm not sure I know anymore, and that's why I'd be willing to make this trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    So Lester is not good enough but a prospect who has yet to prove anything at the MLB level will be a .300 hitter and hit 40 bombs? I love your logic. Also, pitching is at a premium, when was the last time a #1 SP with 4-6 years of control was traded? I honestly can't remember.
    this is baseball. the word "potential" has significant value, especially when we're talking about the guy who apparently has the highest potential of anyone in the minors. Think stanton and heyward potential. the royals arent going to trade him unless they are blown away. and sorry im not blown away by a guy that posted nearly a 5 era last year.

vCash
    this is baseball. the word "potential" has significant value, especially when we're talking about the guy who apparently has the highest potential of anyone in the minors. Think stanton and heyward potential. the royals arent going to trade him unless they are blown away. and sorry im not blown away by a guy that posted nearly a 5 era last year.
    Last season was easily Lester worst season since becoming a starter, good to see that's what your basing this off of lol.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    20GP / 9G / 13A / 1.1PPG / +20

vCash
    Last season was easily Lester worst season since becoming a starter, good to see that's what your basing this off of lol.
    but its a season nonetheless. you're gonna have to explain why jon lester declined rapidly last year to dayton moore. if im the royals gm, i dont make this trade, even if we are talking about the pre-2012 lester. myer's numbers are just too sick.

vCash
    Anyone remember Brandon Wood from the Angels? This could maybe be a similar situation with Myers. I wouldn't trade Lester for Myers. KC would be dumb if they turned it down.
    Last edited by corky831; 11-27-2012 at 12:35 AM.
    Perfect combos, Ghost bang out condos
    Jeff from Hamo, ex three bangos
    Bancos, stank hoes in plain clothes
    Change those, bang those, same old, same old

vCash
    but its a season nonetheless. you're gonna have to explain why jon lester declined rapidly last year to dayton moore. if im the royals gm, i dont make this trade, even if we are talking about the pre-2012 lester. myer's numbers are just too sick.
    Good choice of words, 142 K's for a top prospect is sickening.

vCash
    What's gonna be our pitching staff?...definitely won't be competing with no ace. Lester had a down year but banking on a prospect is still a huge risk.

Red Sox

Celtics
    TOP 3 PICK
    Patriots

vCash
    I don't think Boston is going to do Myers straight up for Lester, but that sure would be interesting. And honestly, it wouldn't be a terrible trade. Lester has regressed over the last 2 or 3 seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JMP83 View Post
    Wait, we know exactly what we're getting from Lester? Because I'm not sure I know anymore, and that's why I'd be willing to make this trade.
    Bingo. That and he has two years left, the last an expensive option year. If he's mediocre next year he becomes Dan Haren 2.0. If he bounces back into a good, not great pitcher he will get a long expensive deal. There have also been whispers that he is unhappy here. See if he is willing to sign an extension right now at the price of say Anibal Sanchez's contract.

In return you're getting a top 2 hitting prospect in baseball (Taveras is in the argument), and top 5 overall. His K rates are being overblown, they are less than what Stanton did, they are less than Xander's in every level, his AAA K rate is the same as what Xander did in AA. His K rate was really high in the beginning of the year during his 35 games stint in AA because he was trying to hit homeruns, and succeeding, they went down as his year went down. He walks a lot and has great power. He's obviously no guarantee, but when a prospect with his tools performs like he did, at his age, in AAA, they usually do pretty well in the majors.

vCash
    If the Sox traded Lester I'd imagine they already have something worked up to get a front line starter. Maybe it's Ellsbury traded or they sign someone like Haren? I would think if it was signing Haren they'd have to make another move or your staff looks like this.

Haren
    Buchholz
    Lackey
    Douby
    RDLR
    I'd rather pitch Morales than RDLR to start the season, just my opinion though.

vCash
    Say we put Lester on the trade block we wouldn't get anything more than Will meyers. I don't even know why the Royals would do it.

Don't really understand the we better get more they meyers, because the fact is we would be lucky to get meyers for Lester

Its a top 5 prospect in baseball, MLB ready, middle of the order bat, and about to turn 22.

Why the hell is no one complaining about Stanton's WORSE K-rates in the minors and WORSE contact rates, but want to trade the ****ing moon for him?
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast